Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th January 2014, 11:13   #106
BHPian

Default Re: The Mahindra Quanto's poor sales. What's the way forward?

Mahindra is taking another shot at making the quanto more likable to customers and improve its numbers, by offering an auto gear shift variant. It was yoga seats and now this. I feel Mahindra has done some homework and it may just pay off.
Link : http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1391060220534
vipinendran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 01:43   #107
BHPian

The only way they can improve the Quanto sales is to de-"quirk"-ify it. They can't position it as a mini SUV and then give it puny low-profile tyres that seem lifted from a sedan. I mean 205/60R15? I think I've seen Swifts and Lancers with that same size tyres! The Innova can get away with it because it doesn't pretend to be anything more than a solid people mover, but they just make the Quanto and Xylo (the base models come with the same small tyres) look cheap. An alternate idea would be to widen the track and add nice fender flares all around, with a set of negative offset alloy/steel wheels. Prime example of negative offset steel wheels done right on a low profile tyres (same 205/60R15 size) - the original Chevrolet tavera, with the styled steel wheels with negative offset and big chrome hubcaps.

The rear lights are another issue. The Xylo looked quite horrible when launched because of the high set lights, combined with the high rear windscreen. In the later models, Mahindra solved this to an extent by adding a black cladding to the bottom of the windscreen to make it look bigger. Tata too did the same thing to the Vista refresh which also had too much flat metal at the rear.

For the Quanto, I think it would look a lot better with a horizontal light cluster at the rear, to hide the height. See the Fortuner for reference on making a tall vehicle look wider and squatter than it is.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 10:27   #108
BHPian

Not sure if these have been published before. New Quanto, reportedly, is under testing ( as per Motorbash & Motorbeam).

rahul412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 15:09   #109
BHPian

Some are even calling this new Bolero replacement, but since the test mule appears to be under 4m in length, dont think this is the new Bolero ( which is not due before 2016).
rahul412 is offline   Reply With Quote