Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2014, 11:07   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I hope Bolt / Zest interiors would help in lowering our obsession with beige interior!
Dear Ambujlal - I hope so too, as I am going to buy the Bolt. My requirement is a fully loaded black car with black interiors and red pin striping. It should very briefly appear in the rear view mirrors of other cars like a "bolt" out of the blue and disappear in front of them before people realize that "something went". That's how I want my cars to be. In my dictionary, the three S's stand for SMOOTH - SILENT - SURGE of power! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 11:44   #677
BHPian

I am glad to see so many fellow bhpians who love all black interiors.

If i am not wrong the the skoda laura when launched had interiors corresponding to exterior paint job...for eg black exterior beige inetrior n vice versa.

Eagerly awaiting the launch but i guess black interiors will come only in either bolt or zest and not both.whichever has black interiors i am going for the top end AMT as difference in price wont be too much owing to the sub 4 metre rule.
Old 28th May 2014, 11:44   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
...That's how I want my cars to be. In my dictionary, the three S's stand for SMOOTH - SILENT - SURGE of power! .
Sir, I know this question may NOT be answered - but still! Narain Karthikeyan says Bolt & Zest are fun to drive cars. Did you get to lay your hands on these? Would you concur with NK and also your priroity of 3Ss ?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 12:56   #679
BHPian

Loved the all black interiors. I think it makes sense also to have an all black interior in India. How I hate when my car is back from servicing. The interiors need to be scrubbed to get all those filthy black grease finger marks off.
The red border also looks amazing!
Old 28th May 2014, 16:32   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Fresh Pics From CnB Show's FaceBook Page.

SVP posts

Head-on the car looks better than any HatchBack in the market today and the Paint quality looks top notch, lets hope the car is too.

I can't wait for the TEAMBHP review, the only one I read these days!
It looks awesome from the outside. But the tyres are a let down i feel. Should have been a size or two bigger.
Old 28th May 2014, 23:14   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sir, your priroity of 3Ss ?
Dear swiftnfurious - kya yaar! lovely questioning, I am absolutely delighted to reply to you.

The real car is one in which you connect so "smoothly" and "silently" that the "surge" of power just happens! is it not? We can "feel" this, that's what sets us teamBHPians apart. This is the crux of vehicle evaluation! Is this not the real definition of "acceleration"? A black car makes me realize this, so I love black color. Read on!

Imagine a black car as a stealthy cat! Silent, slithering and in full command! (drivability).
Imagine a black car as a flitting butterfly! Extremely manoeuvreable in full control! (dynamics).
Imagine a black car as a commando! Smooth, controlled and paralyzing hit, then moving on as if nothing happened! (cruise-ability).
Imagine a black car as the SR-71 / 72 blackbird bombers ruling the skies at Mach-6 at 1,00,000 ft! Ooh, so sleek! Could these aircraft be in any other color? (total delivery).

That's how the three Ss happen. And, by the way, BLACK IS BLACK! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

PS - is this taught in any MBA course? Kya yaar! .
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 09:29   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Imagine a black car as the SR-71 / 72 blackbird bombers ruling the skies at Mach-6 at 1,00,000 ft! Ooh, so sleek! Could these aircraft be in any other color?
Spy planes, not bombers. Cheers!
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 12:39   #683
BHPian

Saw the below test car near Mundhwa in Pune. Could not make out if it was a petrol or diesel powered vehicle as the traffic was slow moving and no black smoke from exhaust. The driver was also driving it deliberately slowly. Looked like a camouflaged wider i10 from behind with skinny tires. Even the stickers had BOLT written all over it, making it easier to identify!

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dsc_5103.jpg

It was accompanied by a Nano test mule. Nano diesel?

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dsc_5111.jpg
Shrek_924 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 12:54   #684
Senior - BHPian

So yesterday night I saw a mule being tested.
It was night time + no phone/cam hence no photo.
However, I saw it from side and rear and it bore some structural resemblance to Punto. But with slightly longer rear and the spare wheel mounted on the rear door.
Something on the lines of Ecosport, but a tad less high and more elegant.

Reading this thread, I am now reconsidering whether I saw a min SUV Punto or was it the TATA vehicle ?
But then what about the spare wheel?
Perhaps FIAT is indeed coming up with a sub 4 metre mini "SUV"

Last edited by alpha1 : 29th May 2014 at 13:05.
Old 29th May 2014, 13:05   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
So yesterday night I saw a mule being tested.
It was night time + no phone/cam hence no photo.
However, I saw it from side and rear and it bore some structural resemblance to Punto. But with slightly longer rear and the spare wheel mounted on the rear door.
Something on the lines of Ecosport, but a tad less high and more elegant.

Reading this thread, I am now reconsidering whether I saw a min SUV Punto or was it the TATA vehicle ?
It may have been the Fiat Avventura.

Does this look familiar?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3439204
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 13:13   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
It may have been the Fiat Avventura.

Does this look familiar?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3439204
Yes, thanks.
The vehicle I saw looks remarkably similar!
Old 29th May 2014, 14:29   #687
Senior - BHPian

Guys while we are all very gungho about the pictures and design theme, its important production versions match up on the quality levels. on this front, so far the experience from TML is negative. Show cars always look good ( thats what they are made for ). I sincerely hope production cars maintain the same quality as shown ( and across all batches ). as for the mechanicals I dont see any major concern because the Fiat mill is tried and tested and suspension and other underpinnings are strong. Better to tread with caution on the AMT and the Petrol engine variant though.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 15:38   #688
BHPian

Quote:
A black car makes me realize this, so I love black color. Read on!... Imagine a black car as the SR-71 / 72 blackbird bombers ruling the skies at Mach-6 at 1,00,000 ft! Ooh, so sleek! Could these aircraft be in any other color?
And, by the way, BLACK IS BLACK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Spy planes, not bombers. Cheers!
True that, directinjection! Spy planes, or "intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance" aircraft, NOT bombers.

Moreover, the colour of the SR-71 was dark blue, and NOT black!! The call sign of the aircraft was Blackbird because the dark colour looked like black! Btw, the SR-72 is not even commissioned into service yet, while the SR-71 has been retired since 16 years! Cheers!
Old 29th May 2014, 16:50   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Btw, the SR-72 is not even commissioned into service yet, while the SR-71 has been retired since 16 years! Cheers!
In spite of the advent of new types of technological means such as satellites and drones for reconnaissance, need is still felt for manned spy planes. Hence the proposal for SR 72. Here's what Wiki says:

Quote:
The SR-72, proposed successor to the SR-71 Blackbird, retired in 1998, is expected to fill what is considered a coverage gap between surveillance satellites, subsonic manned aircraft, and unmanned aerial vehicles for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and strike missions.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:08   #690
BHPian

Caught the Bolt testing close to the Tata Motors factory a few weeks back.
The un-camouflaged version seems to be a lower variant due to the lack of rear wiper and alloys but it has parking sensors fitted.
One thing that is new is the chrome finishing around the tail lights which I've personally not seen in any of the previous spy shots.
Also to the naked eye it did not look like a 'finished' product. The Tata logo, some of the panel gaps, panel alignments etc. did not look perfect and hope it gets sorted out by the time the car is launched.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bolt-101.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bolt-102.jpg  

SneakyFunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread