Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2014, 15:47   #691
BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Hi Bhpians,

I have got a few queries regarding the upcoming Tata Zest.

I am currently owning a Tata Vista QJD, and planning to upgrade my hatch to a sedan.

My doubts are:

1. Can we go for zest (with all the goodies on offer - top varient), with eyes closed ?
2. How do u rate the reliability of AMT in long run (especially mated to Diesel mill) ?
3. Can we trust the ASS of tata for new cars ? will it ever improve !!!
4. Would you go for used Ertiga or a new Zest (Not able to decide between the two as the price would be similar for both diesel varients).

Expert's advice on the above, would be highly appreciated and of great help to decide. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 30th May 2014, 19:29   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I have got a few queries regarding the upcoming Tata Zest.

I am currently owning a Tata Vista QJD, and planning to upgrade my hatch to a sedan.

My doubts are:

1. Can we go for zest (with all the goodies on offer - top varient), with eyes closed ?
2. How do u rate the reliability of AMT in long run (especially mated to Diesel mill) ?
3. Can we trust the ASS of tata for new cars ? will it ever improve !!!
4. Would you go for used Ertiga or a new Zest (Not able to decide between the two as the price would be similar for both diesel varients).

Expert's advice on the above, would be highly appreciated and of great help to decide. Thanks in advance guys.
@Atif _ If you are going for zest then wait and when launched test drive and make a call. If you want a Sedan from the Tata Stable. I will say from personal experience and one year of ownership buy the Manza without any doubts.. It's a beauty! Specially if you are one who does long drives!

Ertiga ? I drove one and though it has the same engine I felt it incomplete but then after the Manza i dont seem to like anything else!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 20:27   #693
BHPian

Just saw a camouflaged Bolt at Range Hills, Pune. Interestingly, the camo had 'Bolt' letters all over body. Felt a 'ready' vehicle. Nice dashboard in funky color. A crease runs through the length. If alloys make it through the production then it will be great.
Some pics attached..
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1401461462319.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1401461593883.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1401461608145.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1401461682241.jpg  

dmplog is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 08:39   #694
BHPian

I saw a strange vehicle yesterday in front of Forum Mall in Bangalore yesterday - a mildly camouflaged vehicle with Bolt lettering all over but was essentially an Indica Vista. Could it be just an engine test mule?
Tabasco Sauce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 11:09   #695
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
I saw a strange vehicle yesterday in front of Forum Mall in Bangalore yesterday - a mildly camouflaged vehicle with Bolt lettering all over but was essentially an Indica Vista. Could it be just an engine test mule?
It's certainly possible that it's an older test mule to evaluate the engine alone (must be the 1.2 Revotron). The Bolt lettering is quite strange if it was indeed a Vista.

It's also possible that the test mule is a barebones base variant of the Bolt, with steel wheels finished in silver, without the projector headlamps etc. With the camouflage (Bolt lettering) effectively covering most of the car (including the "fluidic" creases on the sides that differentiate it from the Vista), a heavily camouflaged Bolt base variant would look quite similar to the Vista.

Did you have a look at the tail lamp section? Or the interiors? These would be the best indicators of whether the camouflaged car was a Vista or a Bolt base variant.

Last edited by RSR : 31st May 2014 at 11:14.
Old 31st May 2014, 11:22   #696
BHPian

the tata bolt tail lamp design reminded me of something along similar lines seen earlier
Attached Images

Last edited by arjab : 31st May 2014 at 11:23. Reason: corrected typo
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 16:27   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
If alloys make it through the production then it will be great.
These are Indeed Production Alloy wheels and already present in Manza. So, you shall not be disappointed.
Old 1st June 2014, 02:57   #698
BHPian

Default Is this the Zest or something else?

This was parked in the basement of Prestige Tech Park today morning. Looks like the Zest but can someone confirm?
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00002.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00003.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00004.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00005.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00006.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00007.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140531_00008.jpg  

sabret00the is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 08:48   #699
BHPian

Yes it is. That's for Harman to test their music system settings.
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 13:30   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Did you have a look at the tail lamp section? Or the interiors? These would be the best indicators of whether the camouflaged car was a Vista or a Bolt base variant.
It still had the mounting for the old Indica tail lights but with some standard minimum lights fitted. The interior was the old one as well. That's why I found the vehicle very strange.
Tabasco Sauce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:10   #701
BHPian

I've not seen any information re safety features like ABS and airbags on the zest and bolt twins. All the info so far seems to be focused on the new looks, dashboard and infotainment system ...
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:44   #702
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
It still had the mounting for the old Indica tail lights but with some standard minimum lights fitted. The interior was the old one as well.
It's probably an early test mule for the 1.2 Revotron engine, then. But why the Bolt lettering? Maybe they decided to have a common camouflage (Bolt/Zest lettering) for all their test mules currently running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I've not seen any information re safety features like ABS and airbags on the zest and bolt twins. All the info so far seems to be focused on the new looks, dashboard and infotainment system ...
Yes, it's quite sad - the importance (rather, the lack thereof) we give to safety features in India.

One can expect Tata to kit out the Zest and Bolt with 2 airbags and ABS (at least on the top variants), with the top but one variant also getting some part of it.

I hope they offer 6 airbags along with ABS and rear disc brakes on the top variant. No sedan in the C1 segment (whether it's a sub-4m or 4m+) is currently equipped with 6 airbags and rear disc brakes. If Tata do this, then the Zest will be the first one in its class to offer them. I know this will remain a dream (in the near future, at least).

I'd be quite happy if they offer 2 airbags as standard across the range, though.

Last edited by RSR : 2nd June 2014 at 16:54.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:57   #703
BHPian

Came across the Zest in Pune last week. Looked pretty good in terms of pick up in the city traffic. Could not make out if it was the petrol or diesel version.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest-1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest-2.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest-3.jpg  

SneakyFunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 20:59   #704
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Media drive happening next month. Tweet from Editor of Top Gear India.

Name:  gear.png
Views: 1757
Size:  42.7 KB
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:32   #705
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Could anyone let me know, on Zest's AMT performance on hilly region (Both petrol and Diesel versions).

Would there be any freaking moments !! when AMT works on hills ? Kindly Advice.
Closed Thread