Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2014, 09:56   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Caught this on Bikaner - Jaisalmer Highway on 9th ....
The gear lever looks a straight lift from the Storme. And backlit power window buttons + all 4 'one touch down'? I love it!
Old 12th June 2014, 10:31   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Shashi ji,

Thanks for your concern. All issues have been sorted out, after paying good amount of money to A.S.S. May be I am not lucky, as other TATA owners. Niggles like power window switch failure, low beam and high beam failure, lower arm noise keeps popping up, and there is a new issue where the odometer never crosses 80KM/h, even if u drive at 100 !!.

Anyways, I hope zest comes out without any issues and proves to be a good VFM .
Atif,
Thanks for your clarification. Looks like you have more of an issue with the A.S.S than with the car per se. Like DieselAddikt mentioned, the clutch does not fail in a day and you have ignored the standard warnings till the time of failure. A clutch is a wear-n-tear device which depends a lot on our driving tendencies. In all my cars, I have never had to replace the clutch before 1L kms, the last being the Indigo Marina at 120K.

Regarding the A.S.S, I suggest you move to a decent independent one in your town which does not do sales. They treat you and your car much better. Tell them clearly what you need and what you don't want, you will leave smiling.

I have never serviced my cars in the place I bought the cars from and have moved to an independent A.S.S called Autozone in Coimbatore. I am their satisfied customer since the early 90s.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 10:32   #753
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The windscreen water spray nozzles were not multi-pinhole type but it was flat cut(a thin rectangle ) so i believe it will spray dollops of water and equally over large area .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:02   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Atif,
Thanks for your clarification. Looks like you have more of an issue with the A.S.S than with the car per se. Like DieselAddikt mentioned, the clutch does not fail in a day and you have ignored the standard warnings till the time of failure. A clutch is a wear-n-tear device which depends a lot on our driving tendencies. In all my cars, I have never had to replace the clutch before 1L kms, the last being the Indigo Marina at 120K.

Regarding the A.S.S, I suggest you move to a decent independent one in your town which does not do sales. They treat you and your car much better. Tell them clearly what you need and what you don't want, you will leave smiling.

I have never serviced my cars in the place I bought the cars from and have moved to an independent A.S.S called Autozone in Coimbatore. I am their satisfied customer since the early 90s.
Yes, I do agree, the car is a gem, and I did ignore few warnings(clutch plate). But, I have noticed new issues cropping up after it comes from service centre. I suspect the notorious service advisors and mechanics, who indulge in intentional malpractice.

Thanks for your suggestion. I would look for a decent service centre around my place, as the current service centre (My TVS workshop), has closed down due to loss in business. I was going to them only because they were just 1.5kms from my home and not due to quality of service.
Old 12th June 2014, 14:20   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The gear lever looks a straight lift from the Storme. And backlit power window buttons + all 4 'one touch down'? I love it!
I gazed long and hard at the power window switches, but could not figure this one out.
How could you make out if the windows are all 4 'one touch down'?
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 15:05   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I gazed long and hard at the power window switches, but could not figure this one out.
How could you make out if the windows are all 4 'one touch down'?
Usually when you have a "one touch down", the switch will have a projected line running along the tip of the switch (At least Maruti has it). I "felt" all the switches in the pic had that and hence the comment.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 12:19   #757
BHPian

Plugging this here as there's some mention about Bolt/Zest.

"“There are things we did on these cars which no company has attempted,” he says. For instance, in the Zest, there are “stunning” LED rear tail-lamps which nobody has used. Likewise, the Xenon projector lamps in front are a first too as also the 5 and 7” touch screen."

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...SS_Syndication
tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 13:35   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The gear lever looks a straight lift from the Storme
Even the indicator/wiper stalks looks to be from the Storme. Hopefully its not just the design but the quality of materials also.
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 17:38   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Plugging this here as there's some mention about Bolt/Zest.

"“There are things we did on these cars which no company has attempted,” he says. For instance, in the Zest, there are “stunning” LED rear tail-lamps which nobody has used. Likewise, the Xenon projector lamps in front are a first too as also the 5 and 7” touch screen."

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...SS_Syndication

I find it very interesting that he specifically mentioned Xenon projector headlamps. The projector headlamps were part of the model shown in the auto expo and obviously going to be part of the production variant, but most people were expecting projectors with regular halogens (which is anyway an improvement over the unfocussed/poorly focused reflectors), but Xenon is a step up. Kudos to Tata if true!
Old 13th June 2014, 20:51   #760
BHPian

I read an article in todays TOI zigwheels supplement that the Tata Bolt is going to get a diesel AMT variant as well.
So AMT will not be just for the Zest diesels.
Old 14th June 2014, 11:13   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I read an article in todays TOI zigwheels supplement that the Tata Bolt is going to get a diesel AMT variant as well.
So AMT will not be just for the Zest diesels.
How about petrols? Will both of them will get AMT in petrol? I am interested in a Bolt petrol with AMT, ABS and front airbags. If bolt doesn't get an AMT, it will be a Zest then. I will need to stretch for the sedan, even when I don't need that boot.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 11:54   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
How about petrols? Will both of them will get AMT in petrol? I am interested in a Bolt petrol with AMT, ABS and front airbags. If bolt doesn't get an AMT, it will be a Zest then. I will need to stretch for the sedan, even when I don't need that boot.
I don't think Tata has any plans to launch AMT with petrol engine. While the initial thought was to launch AMT with Zest diesel, looking at the success of Celerio they decided to launch it on Bolt diesel as well.

Another interesting piece I found in the following article was mention of 5" and 7” touch screen. I thought that all articles so far mentioned 5" touch screen but this revelation by Pratap Bose indicates that Top variant of Zest & Bolt could get a bigger screen.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle6086106.ece

Seems like everyday we are getting to learn about a new feature addition
Old 14th June 2014, 12:28   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I don't think Tata has any plans to launch AMT with petrol engine.
So if I need a petrol Bolt, as it would be turbocharged too, distinguishing it from all other hatchbacks, ignoring Polo being out of my budget, I would have to opt for diesel, or if I stick to AMT, I have a Celerio as an option? Not good.
Old 14th June 2014, 14:42   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I don't think Tata has any plans to launch AMT with petrol engine. While the initial thought was to launch AMT with Zest diesel, looking at the success of Celerio they decided to launch it on Bolt diesel as well.
Don't know what is stopping them from launching petrol variants with AMT? It is somewhat contrary to what other manufacturers do when they have auto trannies reserved only for petrol variants of models which also have their diesel counterparts. (ex Dzire, Sunny, City).
Old 14th June 2014, 15:28   #765
BHPian

They might have rationed more for diesel sales as has been the case. Also diesel + AMT will be a USP with no competition. Ultimately it comes down to economics. The cost of developing a petrol AMT may not be justified given the poor sales of petrol variants in the past. Possibly they need to establish their credibility as a petrol vehicle manufacturer before an AMT adventure.
Closed Thread