Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th June 2014, 16:10   #766
BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Don't know what is stopping them from launching petrol variants with AMT? It is somewhat contrary to what other manufacturers do when they have auto trannies reserved only for petrol variants of models which also have their diesel counterparts. (ex Dzire, Sunny, City).
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they have a new petrol engine - Revotron. Maybe a year down the line they will have lot more engine data to integrate AMT. Fiat diesel engines are tried and tested so should have no issues.

After all the hard work the last thing they would want is consumers complaining about these new cars.
Old 14th June 2014, 19:34   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Possibly they need to establish their credibility as a petrol vehicle manufacturer before an AMT adventure.
Very well said. Tata's petrol have had the least takers, if revotron can work it for them, probably later wr can see Petrol with AMT option.
Old 14th June 2014, 23:42   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Very well said. Tata's petrol have had the least takers, if revotron can work it for them, probably later wr can see Petrol with AMT option.
They may have even less takers for the petrol powered variants if they do not offer the AMT option.
Anyway, has the news of the petrols not getting AMT been announced by Tata?
Old 15th June 2014, 14:41   #769
BHPian

None yet. Even if this comes around I believe it should take better part of 1.5 to 2 years easily.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:34   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
They may have even less takers for the petrol powered variants if they do not offer the AMT option.
Right, but I have a feeling that Revotron would click, being turbocharged. My Swift K series, non VVT has the best drivability IMHO in its segment, but having a turbocharged petrol can make a difference. Till now, we have only one hatchback with a turbo petrol, and that is Polo GT TSi, way too costly. I have real hopes from Bolt Revotron, even with a manual transmission, only thing is that it should be as slick and refined as the competetion. AMT can do wonders but, yes.
Old 17th June 2014, 14:00   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Right, but I have a feeling that Revotron would click, being turbocharged. My Swift K series, non VVT has the best drivability IMHO in its segment, but having a turbocharged petrol can make a difference. Till now, we have only one hatchback with a turbo petrol, and that is Polo GT TSi, way too costly. I have real hopes from Bolt Revotron, even with a manual transmission, only thing is that it should be as slick and refined as the competetion. AMT can do wonders but, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Anyway, has the news of the petrols not getting AMT been announced by Tata?
Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they have a new petrol engine - Revotron. Maybe a year down the line they will have lot more engine data to integrate AMT. Fiat diesel engines are tried and tested so should have no issues.

After all the hard work the last thing they would want is consumers complaining about these new cars.
Hi Guys,

I read an article today from cartrade.com, that Revotron would also get an AMT option. I am posting the link for your reference.
http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...er-124161.html
Atif is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 16:08   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Hi Guys,

I read an article today from cartrade.com, that Revotron would also get an AMT option. I am posting the link for your reference.
http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...er-124161.html
Thats a great news. Thanks for sharing. A lot of people are going to benefit if it comes out to be true.
Old 17th June 2014, 18:38   #773
BHPian

Still anxiously waiting for the official T-BHP review.

From all the reports, sightings and write-ups it would appear that TML is going all out to ensure a reliable car.

if we can go by TML more car per car maxim then both these cars should easily be best sellers. but in India the mind set is desi car tho not good!

I for one am waiting for the launch!
Old 17th June 2014, 18:55   #774
BHPian

Some tweets indicated media first drive was to be held on 09-Jun-14. Did T-BHP also recieve an invite?
Old 18th June 2014, 09:43   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a great news. Thanks for sharing. A lot of people are going to benefit if it comes out to be true.
Hi Ashish,

Are you waiting for the launch? Which one will you go for? Is it the Bolt or the Zest?
Old 18th June 2014, 10:17   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ashish,

Are you waiting for the launch? Which one will you go for? Is it the Bolt or the Zest?
My parents' Baleno is ageing now. I am looking for a suitable replacement. They don't really need a diesel, but if Revotron doesn't impress me, it can be the VGT QJD.
Even the boot is not really required, but if there is something which attracts us towards it, it could be the Zest also. This something can be the VGT in case of diesel, a better suspension, which is not likely, interior space should also be the same. I am good with the reports on overall quality.
I would love to get the one with the AMT for them. So, it should be a Bolt AMT petrol. They wouldn't find it natural to operate a touchscreen UI, let alone the bigger 7 incher. ABS and 2 airbags is a must. Waiting for the launch now.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 15:57   #777
BHPian

Quote:
My parents' Baleno is ageing now. I am looking for a suitable replacement. They don't really need a diesel, but if Revotron doesn't impress me, it can be the VGT QJD.
Even the boot is not really required, but if there is something which attracts us towards it, it could be the Zest also. This something can be the VGT in case of diesel, a better suspension, which is not likely, interior space should also be the same. I am good with the reports on overall quality.
I would love to get the one with the AMT for them. So, it should be a Bolt AMT petrol. They wouldn't find it natural to operate a touchscreen UI, let alone the bigger 7 incher. ABS and 2 airbags is a must. Waiting for the launch now.
As per your family requirement, I can figure out that you need a petrol hatch with AMT. Lets hope that Tata pricing of new cars is not like ARIA !!. I am also waiting for the launch and looking to get Zest, as i already own a VISTA QJD. This time however, it could be a petrol AMT due to diesel vs petrol price difference.
Old 18th June 2014, 17:17   #778
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Found new article on Bold and Zest. The details for Revotron mentioned are bit higher compared to inital specs. The petrol engines puts put 89bhp and 200NM of torque!!.
Posting the link here for reference. I am not sure about the accuracy of the specs mentioned, perhaps other can throw some light on it.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-bolt-...-expect-530845
Old 18th June 2014, 17:53   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Found new article on Bold and Zest. The details for Revotron mentioned are bit higher compared to inital specs. The petrol engines puts put 89bhp and 200NM of torque!!.
There's some error in the article. The 89Ps/200Nm figure is correct but that is for the Fiat diesel-engined Zest. I think the writer of the article mistyped the facts. Zest petrol (Revotron in TML marketing spiel) will pump out 80-84Ps/140-145Nm torque. Focus is low rpm tractability and in-city driving. expect to see closely bunched set of 1st three ratios to offer in city driving "peppiness".
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 21:12   #780
BHPian

As per IAB report Tata will launch Zest in August and Bolt in September.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/t...-launch-133617
Closed Thread