Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st June 2014, 09:58   #796
BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

I am hoping that both zest and bolt come with AMT in all the variants and not just the top end.As there are lot of customers who can live without all the bells and whistles of the top end but who would certainly cherish an AMT for the lower end variants as zest's biggest competitor swift desire sells maximum in the vdi trim.
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:42   #797
BHPian

Found an article on Motor beam, that Tata motors will offer online booking!! for Bolt and Zest.

Source:
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-m...-in-july-2014/

How does this online booking work ? Is this online booking of test drive or purchase of car itself ? kindly pardon my ignorance on this.
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:58   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Found an article on Motor beam, that Tata motors will offer online booking!! for Bolt and Zest.

How does this online booking work ? Is this online booking of test drive or purchase of car itself ? kindly pardon my ignorance on this.
There will be a site where one can register and pay a token amount (10,000/- to 25,000/-) and then the booking will be processed. The car will be delivered to the customer and he can track the status online. This is similar to what Mahindra did for XUV. This will dis-allow dealer malpractices like selling your vehicle at a premium to someone later in que or allocating your vehicle to a politically influenced person.

Anyway, you would have to visit a physical dealership for the paperwork and remaining payment when the car is ready to be delivered.

The online system will truly ensure a FIFO system based on payment. Dealer cannot do tricks to get the person who is behind you , ahead of you for a fee and things like still not placing an order with the company even after payment and all other formalities.

Brilliant step I would say

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd June 2014 at 16:03.
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:24   #799
BHPian

Some time back on my Facebook (where i am following the Bolt and the zest )
i remember very well a caption mentioning when launched the Bolt is supposed to be the cheapest Diesel Automatic option in the market .
(which also indicates the sensible pricing which tata has in store for the launch of the both, the bolt and the zest)
If that is true , then it sure must bring in good numbers .
If not a big hit right at the start , sales will pick up after the initial word of mouth on reliability and niggle free initial ownership
(which as an existing Tata Manza user, i am pretty confident about)

Some significant missed opportunities IMO with the BOLT and the ZEST
1)No option of 6 Airbags. Tatas must have learnt something from the I20 success story
(agreed there benchmark might have been a swift but still a missed opportunity here)
2)No driver seat arm rest(again look at an I20 which also is a hit seller we have in the market)

I mean when they have worked so much on the product why skip these important differentiating features.

Last edited by Stratos : 24th June 2014 at 14:19. Reason: Deleted point as requested.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 17:35   #800
BHPian

Design details and journey of Tata Motors in developing Zest and Bolt.

Source :

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2300004_1.html
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 16:00   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friends from work spotted the Tata Zest today on the way to Bangalore on Hosur road near Narayana Hrudayala.

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140619_131317.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140619_131406.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140619_131427.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140619_131331.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20140619_131341.jpg
paragsachania is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 01:10   #802
BHPian

My office is also on Hosur road, I don't get to spot any of these. :(
While I am sincerely considering either of these for my parents, getting a look in person would help making mind.
Old 25th June 2014, 07:44   #803
BHPian

The rear profile reminds me of 2005 corolla atleast from these photos not sure if it is so in flesh.
vishnugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 10:10   #804
BHPian

There is so much testing going on with these cars, looks like TATA wants to give a niggle free car to its customers. Hope they start the booking by July atleast.

Latest information on the bolt and zest.

Source:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/tata-bolt-s...r-debut-602959

Last edited by Atif : 25th June 2014 at 10:14. Reason: Added new info
Old 25th June 2014, 10:43   #805
BHPian

Going by the latest pictures in post# 801, i couldn't help but notice those el cheapo ORVMS from the current Vistas. I hope this is only for the test mule and they provide better mirrors which were shown in the first real pics that surfaced. (across all variants) These mirrors are really going to look cheap. And as time passes, I see these cars being tested with less of "bling" and features. Whats with it ? After all the initial excitement, are we going to see Tata launching these cars with some subtle changes here and there ? I am skeptical now.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:46   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Going by the latest pictures in post# 801, i couldn't help but notice those el cheapo ORVMS from the current Vistas. I hope this is only for the test mule and they provide better mirrors which were shown in the first real pics that surfaced. (across all variants) These mirrors are really going to look cheap. And as time passes, I see these cars being tested with less of "bling" and features. Whats with it ? After all the initial excitement, are we going to see Tata launching these cars with some subtle changes here and there ? I am skeptical now.
Dont think they will axe their own feet at this juncture, I feel these are lower variants and test mules without any frills, after all if you are doing engine testing you do not require all the bling.
Old 25th June 2014, 13:52   #807
BHPian

Yes, I am sure Tata wouldn't do anything of that sort at this point of time. One, this is their pioneer product which they are counting on, holding breaths. Two, for a project this long, you can't just take such decisions just before launching it. I am just waiting fingers crossed, that they launch both of the cars with ABS and two airbags in at least mid variant as standard, if not on all variants.

Last edited by itsashishsharma : 25th June 2014 at 13:54.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:11   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
...While I am sincerely considering either of these for my parents, getting a look in person would help making mind.
Please wait till the car is launched. The ones under testing may NOT have the final touches done. That may negatively impact your experience.
Old 25th June 2014, 16:59   #809
BHPian

Saw the same car on Mysore road flyover near KR market at around 9:45AM yesterday going towards Mysore.

Vijay

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
One of my friends from work spotted the Tata Zest today on the way to Bangalore on Hosur road near Narayana Hrudayala.

Old 26th June 2014, 09:49   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please wait till the car is launched. The ones under testing may NOT have the final touches done. That may negatively impact your experience.
Million dollars advice there buddy, thanks. I shall be patient, but this endless wait is eating me.
Closed Thread