Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th July 2014, 20:57   #1021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I'm GLAD even the Diesel AMT will get a Sport mode. Need to know if its shift on fly type, (i.e. can I press the 'S' button anytime and shift to Sport mode?)

Rgds
I'm quote sure that it would indeed be switchable in the fly otherwise this would be another first of its kind
Old 15th July 2014, 21:46   #1022
BHPian

Default re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
I'm quote sure that it would indeed be switchable in the fly otherwise this would be another first of its kind
It better be shift on the fly. It would be hilarious if you would have to stop by the road to make the switch.
People who have a hard time deciding on things would constantly be stopping to change the setting...
Old 15th July 2014, 22:54   #1023
BHPian

This one seems to be a honest review..

http://zeenews.india.com/business/au...ed_103862.html
Old 15th July 2014, 22:54   #1024
BHPian

First of all, congratulations to Tata Motors for getting the best comments from every person who has tested the car and making every aspect of the car praiseworthy! As mentioned earlier, this effort from Tata seems to be big, revolutionary and very much positive.

I feel that the Zest has catered to whatever a buyer like myself, here in Goa would want. As critics say, it's got sporty looks, good handling, good power, a well laid out interior and last but the best, an automatic diesel in this segment! I really hope that this car meets the expectations on reliability, which also seems to be positive with the excessive testing and evaluation carried out at the Europe design facility.

One thing that I have always appreciated about Tata Motors is that unlike the competition, the provide over the counter sales of spares and I am surprised as to why other bands do not do so even though the sell spares over the counter in other countries. Even Mahindra doesn't provide spares of the Scorpio and XUV over the counter. I hope Tata's policy w.r.t. sales of spares continues to remain the same. It surely gives many buyers a lot of confidence and also ensures that company service centres do not take undue advantage of having monopoly of being the only option to the customers.
filhosdegoa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:17   #1025
BHPian

Beige color looks absolutely fab and awesome. Diesel AMT tested in Goa returned 10.7 kmpl while Petrol Revotron returned 8 kmpl.

Source: Rushlane & IAB
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest003rear.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest010taillamp.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest020rear.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest070reversedisplay.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest089glovebox.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest3.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest5.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2014 at 17:54. Reason: Please provide CLICKABLE links when sharing content from other sites. Thanks.
damager21 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:27   #1026
BHPian

Anyone knows when Tata is going to launch its compact SUV Nexon?

I would really love to see Tata kick some shiny a__ of arrogant Ford EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Having followed Top Gear for many years, I find them usually very direct & honest in their reviews. They are not easy to impress & they HAVE been by the Zest. This by itself is a great beginning.

http://www.topgear.com/india/tata/re...zest/itemid-86
Don't confuse with Top Gear UK. The Indian cousin's reviews are shoddy and not in-depth and that review stands proof. It claims that Revatron engine is a "gem" but nothing is explained about it anywhere in the review.

In India, no one beats Overdrive and Autocar... and their review of Zest is not so flattering (ACI even termed the petrol variant as "under-powered") --

Last edited by dsunn : 15th July 2014 at 23:41.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:36   #1027
Senior - BHPian

See what auto journalists are saying about Zest!

Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:39   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Beige color looks absolutely fab and awesome. Diesel AMT tested in Goa returned 10.7 kmpl while Petrol Revotron returned 8 kmpl.

10.7kmpl and 8kmpl??
Aren't they too less?? Or am I missing something?? An AMT is known to be efficient.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:40   #1029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Don't confuse with Top Gear UK. The Indian cousin's reviews are shoddy and not in-depth and that review stands proof. It claims that Revatron engine is a "gem" but nothing is explained about it anywhere in the review.
Yes I am aware this is Top Gear India, but I have still seen solid fairness in their reviews even if they are short on explaining each judgment due to their format.
Old 16th July 2014, 09:39   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Beige color looks absolutely fab and awesome...
I personally liked the blue with the exact same alloy wheels. Beige is a bit laid back!

Quote:
Anyone knows when Tata is going to launch its compact SUV Nexon?

I would really love to see Tata kick some shiny a__ of arrogant Ford EcoSport...
For now, lets celebrate the progress TATA has put into a flesh and avoid such comments & statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
10.7kmpl and 8kmpl??
Aren't they too less?? Or am I missing something?? An AMT is known to be efficient.
Quote:
...Diesel AMT tested in Goa returned 10.7 kmpl while Petrol Revotron returned 8 kmpl...
Did Rush lane make this comment or you assumed seeing it in the MID? It's way too less unless they were really belting the car around for fun or idling way too much.
Old 16th July 2014, 09:48   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Tata killed it for me by not having a top end variant for the Zest Diesel AMT. Is it because they fear people will go for the diesel, rather than their Revotron Petrol, if the diesel had a similar top end variant with AMT?

I can understand that people will take time to warm up to a petrol engine from Tata, but if the above assumptionis true, then Tata should have more confidence in their own new product and shy away from such avoidable tactics..

If the above assumption isn't true, why hasn't Tata got a top end trim just like the Revotron, with the Diesel + AMT? Why has the diesel AMT been stipped off features like Auto CC, LED DRLs, similar alloy wheels like Revotron top end trim, etc.?

And their new Turbo petrol effort also does not have an AMT box integration, which I could have gone with. Double jeopardy!

Otherwise their product offering looks to succeed.

Last edited by k_ajay : 16th July 2014 at 09:49. Reason: Amending the text.
Old 16th July 2014, 09:48   #1032
BHPian

Quote:

Err shouldn't it be 'brake' instead of 'break' ? Curios to know whether 'proof reading' exists in automobiles
The color looks fab though and the interiors do feel quite premium looking at them. The mileage figures dont look so promising.
deoelect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 09:52   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did Rush lane make this comment or you assumed seeing it in the MID? It's way too less unless they were really belting the car around for fun or idling way too much.
My comment was based on info presented by damager21. However on visiting Rushlane's site now, I couldn't find any info on the mileage of the Zest. Only expected mileage was mentioned in between 16-18kmpl. So I guess he gave that info looking at the instantaneous avg given in the MID.
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 10:15   #1034
Senior - BHPian

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazest070reversedisplay.jpg

Apart from all the positives and negatives being discussed here for the right reasons, it is disappointing that such spelling errors take place in a car that has just rolled off an assembly line ('Break' instead of 'Brake').

It is probably a simple task for the OEM manufacturer to program and correct the spelling but these small things sometime reflect the lack of attention to detail, in this case by a big company like Tata Motors.
Stratos is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 10:20   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

In India, no one beats Overdrive and Autocar... and their review of Zest is not so flattering (ACI even termed the petrol variant as "under-powered") --
Now to make it more confusing Autocar online review nowhere mentions the petrol engine to underpowered.
http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...=389208&page=2

To quote from the review,
"The petrol engine doesn’t quite live up to all the hype Tata put behind it, but in isolation, is very smooth and driveable, and packs adequate punch too."

In fact from all the online reviews to come out till the Autocars's video review comments the petrol engine to be under powered.

Last edited by damodar : 16th July 2014 at 10:21.
Closed Thread