Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2013, 13:00   #316
BHPian

Smile Re: Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India

The Diesel will get a 6 speed MT . See below screenshots.

Name:  P1.png
Views: 6203
Size:  342.9 KB

Name:  P2.png
Views: 6217
Size:  391.3 KB

Source: IndianAutosBlog - youtube

neeld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:26   #317
BHPian

Default Re: Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India

Hi friends,
I got a call now from Sundaram honda that the new city is going to be launched on Jan 9th. I was told that already there are 60 bookings done in advance.

Note to Mods: If this information is already shared by any other member, please delete this message.
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 18:06   #318

What is the dark piece under the touchscreen at 2:28 on the dashboard for?

I am disappointed at the dashboard design. I fervently hope it looks much better with naked eye.
Old 4th December 2013, 20:41   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayakdshenoy View Post
What is the dark piece under the touchscreen at 2:28 on the dashboard for?

I am disappointed at the dashboard design. I fervently hope it looks much better with naked eye.
As far as I understand your question that is the automatic climate control panel with the touch sensitive buttons, which only light up when the car is on.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:08   #320
BHPian

Honda will be increasing prices of all its model from January. Another reason to believe that new City will be more expensive than current City

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/stor.../1/201198.html
Old 6th December 2013, 02:02   #321
BHPian

In my experience with my 3rd gen City, I'd identified some areas where I'd have liked to see some serious improvement. Following are by observations and comparison to the 4th gen City.

1) Lousy ground clearance - Put two people(or even one) in the backseat of the 3rd gen City and hear and feel the bone jarring thud as the underbody scrapes all the speed breakers. It doesn't help that I live in Bangalore where you'll be surprised at what passes as acceptable pothole size on major highways.
Status: Yet to be confirmed if this is fixed in the new version.

2) No automatic climate control - Fiddling with the AC controls during my daily drive really makes me wish that Honda had provided automatic climate control with the 3rd gen City only. It's about time that they kept pace with the competition and provided this in what they position as a C2 segment sedan in India.

3) Poorly styled centre console - While the quality of materials used on the dash on the 3rd gen City met C2 segment standards for the most part, the central console was very poorly styled. The silver black combination looks downright ugly sometimes and very bare w.r.t. buttons and features when compared to the Fluidic Verna or even the Vento.
Status: Somewhat fixed in this new version with the new touchscreen interface but this is subjective.

4) Electric folding mirrors - Sometimes, I can't get over the irritation that I have to reach over to the other side and manually fold out the passenger side ORVM out when somebody has folded it in (for whatever reason) after paying 10L+ for this car. I don't care so much for ORVMs folding in automatically on shut off etc. but I would've liked to have the ability to fold out the ORVM during driving when it it required.

In addition, I do feel that they could've taken some interior styling cues from Hyundai and Volkswagen and incorporated chrome bits on the inside eg: around the AC vents, gear knob, door handles etc. instead of that garish chinese looking silver stuff they use. They've put chrome in the wrong place i.e. the outside grill instead of the inside .

Also, they could've retained the beige interiors in the 4th gen City for folks who would prefer it. All black/grey interiors are not to everyone's liking and I for one really appreciate the airy and elegant feel that beige interiors provide to a car. Although beige interiors can get dirty easily, it's not that bad if you take a little care eg: use the boot for potentially messy items etc.

All in all it there appear to be some improvements in this version but it also leaves a few things to be desired.

Many good things i.e. best in clase in cabin space, rear legroom, rear visibility(yes, that's fast becoming an issue with today's sedans and even hatchbacks) high quality music system, logical and non-quirky layout of controls eg: indicator stalks, two reversing lights, safety features, good quality of materials used, fuel efficient and smooth engine, well engineered product etc. have been retained and hopefully improved upon for eg: the minor extension of the wheelbase, 10mm increase in height etc. in this 4th gen City.

Last edited by sydras : 6th December 2013 at 02:23.
sydras is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 08:48   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydras View Post
4) Electric folding mirrors - Sometimes, I can't get over the irritation that I have to reach over to the other side and manually fold out the passenger side ORVM out when somebody has folded it in (for whatever reason) after paying 10L+ for this car. I don't care so much for ORVMs folding in automatically on shut off etc. but I would've liked to have the ability to fold out the ORVM during driving when it it required.
See the button circled in the picture. I assume that is for electronic folding of ORVM
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-028city13025.jpg  

Old 6th December 2013, 09:49   #323
BHPian

Quote:
1) Lousy ground clearance
This is the single biggest complaint that I have had with both my 2nd and 3rd Gen City as well. However, I understand that the facelifted 3rd Gen was slightly better in this aspect.
Hope it has been addressed in the 4th Gen.

Quote:
4) Electric folding mirrors -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
See the button circled in the picture. I assume that is for electronic folding of ORVM
Yes, that is the electronic folding button. Atleast the VX version unveiled last month has this feature as seen in the pic posted by Ambadan. Not sure if it is standard across all variants

Last edited by uday.ere : 6th December 2013 at 09:51.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:32   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
This is the single biggest complaint that I have had with both my 2nd and 3rd Gen City as well. However, I understand that the facelifted 3rd Gen was slightly better in this aspect.
Hope it has been addressed in the 4th Gen.
IIRC, the face lift of the 3d Gen City had a slightly increased GC - from 160 to 165 mm (?!) And the suspension dampeners were slightly stiffened too. I don't remember anyone complaining about the GC eversince.
Old 6th December 2013, 13:16   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
IIRC, the face lift of the 3d Gen City had a slightly increased GC - from 160 to 165 mm (?!) And the suspension dampeners were slightly stiffened too. I don't remember anyone complaining about the GC eversince.
Yes Aravind, it was increased to 165mm and the tweaked suspension did improve the situation.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:21   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Also, they could've retained the beige interiors in the 4th gen City for folks who would prefer it. All black/grey interiors are not to everyone's liking and I for one really appreciate the airy and elegant feel that beige interiors provide to a car. Although beige interiors can get dirty easily, it's not that bad if you take a little care eg: use the boot for potentially messy items etc.
It still has beige upholstery and beige doors pads/arms rests/ceiling/floors etc. Or do you mean that you prefer a beige dashboard/central console and beige panel housing the gear box?

Last edited by Tats07 : 6th December 2013 at 14:24.
Old 6th December 2013, 22:17   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
It still has beige upholstery and beige doors pads/arms rests/ceiling/floors etc. Or do you mean that you prefer a beige dashboard/central console and beige panel housing the gear box?
Yes, beige on the lower section of the dashboard like in the 3rd gen would have contrasted nicely against the central touchscreen and auto climate controls. Anything would've been better than that garish silver they've got running around the dashboard and gear lever.

And what's with the piano black? Apart from being a fingerprint magnet, it doesn't seem to be needed even where the ORVM controls are at.

Also, the black/beige combination on the door pads, and black used for the glove box and cup holder areas ahead of the gear lever just isn't working for me.

Last edited by sydras : 6th December 2013 at 22:20.
Old 8th December 2013, 21:33   #328
BHPian

Honda has invited auto journalist to drive the new city in Jaipur tomorrow. So expect first drive reports soon. Hope Team-Bhp is there too
crazyro is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 16:12   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Honda has invited auto journalist to drive the new city in Jaipur tomorrow. So expect first drive reports soon. Hope Team-Bhp is there too
So media TD of the New City in the Pink City huh?!

Remembered this was something I posted sometime back.

Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-tbhp.jpg

I am pretty sure that team-bhp will be a part of it; but do NOT think that we will get any details before the launch in Jan 2014 as all will need to sign an embargo agreement (in all probability). Sorry for being a spoilsport - just that we keep our expectations realistic and NOT disappointed later.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th December 2013 at 16:22.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 19:24   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am pretty sure that team-bhp will be a part of it; but do NOT think that we will get any details before the launch in Jan 2014 as all will need to sign an embargo agreement
As you rightly guessed, the information is under embargo. But Siddarth Vinayak of NDTV - Auto says that, the information will be available by this week. So hopefully we may need not to wait till January 2014.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread