Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2013?
Hyundai Grand i10 115 8.44%
Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) 4 0.29%
Honda Amaze 250 18.36%
Chevrolet Enjoy 6 0.44%
Mahindra Verito Vibe 1 0.07%
Ford EcoSport 696 51.10%
Force Gurkha 5 0.37%
Mahindra e2o 35 2.57%
Isuzu D-Max 1 0.07%
Ashok Leyland Stile 8 0.59%
Nissan Terrano 21 1.54%
Skoda Octavia 152 11.16%
Honda CR-V 2 0.15%
BMW 1-Series 10 0.73%
Mercedes A-Class 32 2.35%
Isuzu MU-7 3 0.22%
Volvo V40 Cross Country 21 1.54%
Voters: 1362. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2013, 12:19   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2013. EDIT : Ford EcoSport it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How is it a new segment? Duster already exists in India isint it? I am perplexed why many people here are claiming Ecosport to have created a new segment! Which segment is that?
+1 Again! I would go one step ahead and tell you (just for the sake of it) that Duster is 4m+ and Ecosport is sub 4m, but that still does NOT give them the credit of creating a new segment. Mahindra Quanto seals it for sub 4m compact SUV segment creator. Or was it Premier Rio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
...But yes I do agree that the segment had already been created By duster last year and the Ecosport has only exploited and taken it one step further...
Duster rather busted the segment while Quanto could NOT do it inspite of creating the segment.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th December 2013 at 12:23.
Old 9th December 2013, 12:20   #212
BHPian

Voted for the Honda Amaze. Simply because Ford pulled a fast one on its customers with the booking amount fiasco. While legally things maybe accurate and Ford may have the right, its simply not the way to treat the customer.
Old 9th December 2013, 12:58   #213
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the EcoSport takes it away quite easily this year. Yep the i10 Grand Diesel would also be a good option but with AT for me the difference though is that it has not created a new segment the way the EcoSport has (even with/at the increased price).
Old 9th December 2013, 13:04   #214
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. It got many things right compared to what it didn't. I would have gone with the Octavia otherwise,but somehow the overall product left me wanting for more.
Old 9th December 2013, 13:08   #215
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Octavia because it is and will be a game changer for the Czech brand specially in India. Skoda has lost a lot of popularity and market value since its first launch in India and with the fantastic new Octavia Skoda has hit the bulls eye and will bring back the charm that the brand once had. Hopefully the parent company will formulate and implement extensive customer centric changes in their after-sales service department!
Old 9th December 2013, 13:23   #216
Team-BHP Support

I vote for the Mahindra e2O. Although never a market success for no fault of its own, the revolutionary technology it represents - particularly among Indian cars, manufactured by an Indian company - against all odds, despite no support from the Indian government and the absolutely unique character the e2O sports warrants my vote for this cheeky little car!
theMAG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 14:13   #217
BHPian

I voted for the Hyundai i10 grand for its pricing point, vehicle aesthetics and features, as well as overall dealer network and service reputation. The sales figures speaks volumes about it's acceptance by the general public.
Old 9th December 2013, 14:46   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How is it a new segment? Duster already exists in India isint it? I am perplexed why many people here are claiming Ecosport to have created a new segment! Which segment is that?
We all know that both are in same segment but Duster is more SUV like while EcoSport is Urban SUV or we are saying Hatch on Steroid.(Can we say this to Duster??)
Even anyone who want to buy a high end hatch can stretch the budget and can buy EcoSport not the Duster!
Old 9th December 2013, 15:14   #219
BHPian

Why not the Polo GT brothers - TSI + TDI. I dont think any other car in their segment can provide the excitement these two do.. and also its been extremely well received by our enthusiast community. Hats off to VW to take such a gamble when Honda is sharing diesel engines between the City and Amaze.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 19:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Voted for the Honda Amaze. Simply because Ford pulled a fast one on its customers with the booking amount fiasco. While legally things maybe accurate and Ford may have the right, its simply not the way to treat the customer.
Right bro! That was one of the reasons that took me away from Ecosport. Even I voted for Amaze only. I feel that there is just too much hype surrounding the Ecosport. Well, I was also much excited about the Ecosport when it was announced, but only till the day I saw it in flesh. Somehow I did'nt like the overall proportions of the car. (This is just my personal opinion, and not to offend any Ecosport owner/fan. To each, his own).Amaze was a game-changer in the compact sedan segment just as Ecosport was in the compact-SUV segment. But I feel that Amaze is a more rounded package and will suit/cater to a wider customer base than Ecosport. Hence my vote goes for Amaze!
Old 9th December 2013, 19:34   #221
Senior - BHPian

Wow voted and How! 600th vote cast for the Ecosport of course. Have said time and again, this is the Swift of the current generation.

Yes heard it right comparing it to a hatch, why not. If you look closely its dimensions are not any bigger than a big hatch, yes bang in the i20, Punto or a Swift, and may be slightly larger in the interiors too!

Ford should not act greedy but churn out at least twice the current crop for the domestic market to clear all the backlogs and huge wait which is running upto a year. Quite ridiculous even for a blockbuster product.

On the product front though it must be said that it has hit the sweet spot which many in this thread have already described and rounded of by GTO so crisply. All in all a worthy TBHP CAR OF THE YEAR!
Old 9th December 2013, 19:52   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Why not the Polo GT brothers - TSI + TDI.
From the first post,

Quote:
It's only NEW cars that are included in our COTY award. That excludes the "refreshed" headlamp & tail-light versions, facelifts and engine variants.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 19:59   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
We all know that both are in same segment but Duster is more SUV like while EcoSport is Urban SUV or we are saying Hatch on Steroid.(Can we say this to Duster??)
Even anyone who want to buy a high end hatch can stretch the budget and can buy EcoSport not the Duster!
Realistically what are the chances of getting the cheapest variant of EcoSport? I've heard waiting periods of 1+ year or even 2 year for that. To me that means it does not exist! Its only on paper to fool (or lure) customers. So it is really not as cheap as is being projected.

That stretch the budget argument is true for everything. If you are buying the high end Jetta, then you can always stretch a bit and get home anything from A-class to X1 to A4 to volvos to Fortuner to the mighty Superb. You can apply the same to any and every class of vehicles. Its a non argument really.
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 11:08   #224
BHPian

Voted for the Skoda Octavia. Tough call between EcoSport and Octavia. Main reason being touted here is VFM of the Ford. However, in my opinion, I felt that each model should be looked at in its own price bracket. And in it's segment, the Octavia is an amazing product, sure to give the C Class/3 Series/A4 a serious run for their money. And on its own is a brilliant vehicle as well.
Old 10th December 2013, 13:23   #225
BHPian

Voted for Ecosport. Happy that ford provided 6 airbags + safety features in less than 10 lakhs price bracket. This is one of the primary reason to vote for Ecosport. Also India need such vehicles to comply with our non existence and bad roads.

But i have lost faith and trust in Ford for not handling the delivery of Ecosport better. Ford better correct themselves at the earliest, else competition and Indian customers are going to kill them.

Another strong contender was Amaze. Vehicle of correct size for a small family. But the Ground Clearance and lack of highway dynamics made me vote for Ecosport.

Thanks,
Prakash.
prakasse is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread