Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2013?
Hyundai Grand i10 115 8.44%
Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) 4 0.29%
Honda Amaze 250 18.36%
Chevrolet Enjoy 6 0.44%
Mahindra Verito Vibe 1 0.07%
Ford EcoSport 696 51.10%
Force Gurkha 5 0.37%
Mahindra e2o 35 2.57%
Isuzu D-Max 1 0.07%
Ashok Leyland Stile 8 0.59%
Nissan Terrano 21 1.54%
Skoda Octavia 152 11.16%
Honda CR-V 2 0.15%
BMW 1-Series 10 0.73%
Mercedes A-Class 32 2.35%
Isuzu MU-7 3 0.22%
Volvo V40 Cross Country 21 1.54%
Voters: 1362. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2013, 17:19   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2013. EDIT : Ford EcoSport it is!

My personal vote goes to the one car that stands out from all the launches : The EcoSport. Not only is it the best Ford ever sold in India, but it's also a game-changer.

Ford got it spot on with the EcoSport : Funky styling, wide range of engines, superb technology & equipment, intelligently packaged cabin, balanced suspension and a topnotch safety kit. I'm not a fan of the long waiting period, price hike and how the Titanium quietly lost 2 features.

Still, the pros greatly outweigh the cons and the EcoSport remains one heck of a product. Definitely the most important launch of the year, and one that appeals to the head & heart....both.

I was also impressed with the all-rounded nature of the Grand i10 & Honda Amaze. Their manufacturers priced them well too. Yet, they don't make as much of an impact as the EcoSport.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:25   #17
BHPian

Voted for the Grand i10. It was quite a surprise package for me, atleast cabin space wise. I bought a Ritz mainly because of the roomy interiors instead of the old i10 3 years ago and if I plan to change, the Grand would make a good choice. I especially liked that Hyundai provides the rear AC vent in the Magna variant too.
kanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:26   #18
BHPian

I voted for Ecosport though Amaze comes close. Ford changed the game play under 10 lakhs and many are to follow suit with urban SUVs planned for their portfolios. True game changer with attractive pricing.

Amaze is a great package with lots of space and with the most awaited diesel engine but Dzire still leads this segment with better build and interior quality compared to Amaze.
nvssudheer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was anticipating this TBCOY poll since last month.
I am the fifth Bhpian to vote.The ultimate result is almost predictable even at this stage.(I am not forming any pre-poll opinion)

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th December 2013 at 17:34.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks GTO for the start of this thread.

My personal vote goes for the Honda Amaze.

Reason: A well made sedan (pseudo-sedan) which was designed better than the Dzire and the only decent competitor that has given the Dzire some sweating competition.

The 1.5L i-DTEC is decent mill for the car and does do its job of power delivery with efficiency and not to forgot the 'H' logo behind. I rate this car as the best launch for the Indian market in 2013.

May the best man (oops car) win.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:28   #21
BHPian

It's the ecosport for me. Dashing looks, fuel efficient diesel, a turbo petrol & awesome driving dynamics at a very reasonable cost.
Nothing comes close.
Ph03nix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Ford Ecosport , i own one and am immensely satisfied with the product. As GTO said, it is indeed a game changer, variety of options, fun to drive, full of features and top notch safety kit with a good build quality.
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:30   #23
BHPian

Voted for EcoSport because I believe Ford not only made a VFM product but also started a new segment of "mini SUV" with EcoSport.

Sales chart is a proof of it's success.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:33   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for this valuable thread.

I voted for the Honda Amaze. Though was a tough call between the Amaze & the Ecosport.
Like Ecosport, it has also been the crowd-puller for the price sensitive Indian market and apart from sober interiors, I don't see any major drawback in the car. Also, the reliability & serviceability of Honda backs up the product. Hence, I vote for the Amaze.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:39   #25
BHPian

Excellent thread and consolidation GTO. Voted for Ecosport.

My rationale: Very balanced vehicle from all aspects of this new segment called "mini SUV". It raised the bar higher and I would even say that it created a new segment. Now the Japanese are playing the catch up with Terrano and soon I expect others (Maruti Suzuki etc) to join the party for their pie.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:42   #26
BHPian

Voted for Ecosport.

Apart from the obvious reasons, this car brought about a balance in the petrol - diesel ratio. I had the opportunity to test drive the Ecoboost model and was mightily impressed by it.

P.S. - Would have definitely voted for Polo GT, had it made the list.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Ecosport for very many reasons. It looks great, has some ingenious new tech under the hood in the form of that Ecoboost engine, has more than enough features and added a fresh lease of life to a somewhat staid segment (I never really liked the Duster...I'm glad someone took the fight to it).

And yet, I realise...none of the cars really, truly stand out the way they should in order to be car of the year. The one car I dearly, dearly would like to do well not just in this poll but in real life is the e20, but there's no way it will. It's got the kind of looks only a mother would love and the kind of price tag sensible, value minded customers wouldn't shell out money for. Is it so hard to make a good looking car that is environmentally friendly? The Prius looks rubbish and so does the e20. I do feel the govt should subsidise electrical cars, and without that assistance the likes of the e20 are hamstrung when it comes to pricing. Something has to be done about that, but apart from solving this policy paralysis on the government's part, I know not what that solution is.

Electric automotive solutions are the way forward and perfect for public transportation, but not at that price point and those kind of looks, no matter how many positives the e20 has. It's the Ecosport for me all the way.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 4th December 2013 at 17:59. Reason: addendum
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:57   #28
BHPian

The car of the year for me is the Mercedes S-Class (not listed in this poll)

While it is not yet launched in India, the car really is the epitome of innovation and technology!

Eventually, those same technologies/features which are today considered expensive, will be made available on all mid-market Cars.

Last edited by bharatbs : 4th December 2013 at 18:00.
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport for me.

The car definitely sets the benchmarks and is bound to define the baseline for this segment. I am hopefull that the current delivery issues will be sorted out in near future. My inclination is towards the variant with ecoboost engine.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 18:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

For me it was a toss up - Ecosport, Amaze and the i10 Grand. Voted for the i10 Grand because I feel Hyundai has given a very good package - space & features. An AT diesel variant would have made it a total package.
Wonder if GTO would consider having a Flop of the Year thread/poll as well?
Be an eye opener for car companies.
wilful is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread