Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th December 2013, 22:38   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Auto inventory pile-up at Rs 20,000 crore, post Diwali 2013

Man, this feels ridiculous. On one hand you have surplus stocks of various models and on the other we have some of us lining up to be given the delivery of our Polo Tsi.

I just wish VW had made the un-calculated mistake of over-producing the wrong car. I would have had my polo months ago. Damn!
azeemhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 00:52   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Man, this feels ridiculous. On one hand you have surplus stocks of various models and on the other we have some of us lining up to be given the delivery of our Polo Tsi.

I just wish VW had made the un-calculated mistake of over-producing the wrong car. I would have had my polo months ago. Damn!
IMO, According to their planning the Polo 1.2 TDI will sell more than the 1.2 TSI & 1.6 GT TDI.

If a 100 customers buy a VW it will be 80:20 ratio for the TDI:GT TDI and if it's not wrong calculation totally.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 15:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Market sluggishness or Car Makers caught napping?

Agreed, these are difficult times but if companies brush this under the name of market conditions ONLY, they are never going to learn. New launches like Ecosport, Amaze etc. are doing exceedingly well.

It's the time to retrospect and take the Indian Customer seriously. Companies should change some of their mindsets like the below,

1. VW - We are premium than Skoda. The Indian Customer is blessed to buy VW. We will not provide decent Service.
2. Chevy - What shall we launch next year? How about re-branding an already old Chinese car?
3. Renault-Nissan - Duster-Terrano rocks! Our exports rocks. Rest of the line-up? Is there one? Let's launch another brand all together and screw ourselves.
4. Ford - Let's sell one Model at a time.
5. FIAT - One day we'll sell cars and not just engines!
6. TATA - All is well. Our re-designed/re-named Vista is going to sell. Let's wait till then.
This is one of the most funny post on this thread. Anyways on a more serious note, IMHO, kiku007 has made the most correct statement and the ones that the auto manufacturers should concentrate upon and think for alternates.

1. Chevy/VW is going from bad to worse. Previous cars at least looked elegant but new generation cars seriously look typical china made fakes. Gives a feeling as if they are just doing a big favour by selling cars in india

2. Fiat has beautiful cars but tata killed them the moment they entered into an allinace for selling their cars. Otherwise story would have been something else and we would be buying cars rather than engines.

3. TATA- very much old school and taxi wallah company. They would be better-off concentrating on the public transport vehicles rather than cars. Now-a-days, taxiwallahs also do not want to buy a tata. They believe that buying a maruti/Toyota will give them much peace of mind.

4. Ford-more of a bubble. they will keep harping the eco-sport tune till the time sales charts start falling to all time low.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 09:58   #34
BHPian

On a lighter note the car manufacturers with the inventory pile up are based in and around Pune. I hope they have not picked the nasty attitude that the shopkeepers from Pune have. It is the he (shopkeeper) is the king and has opened his shop to do his fellow men/women a favor. Those that come and are able to convince him to sell do so at their own risk.
I think my fellow Punekars will know about this and even the people from Mumbai who frequent Pune and take the risk of shopping here know it. Who knows the auto companies have caught this bug as well.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 10:55   #35
BHPian

This is going to be buyers market. Buyers can demand good discounts for older cars.

If this is just inventory pile-up of manufactured cars, we can imagine what is happening with parts suppliers!

Next bad trend will be a downward spiral in pay-increase or a stagnant pay in auto sector.

It would interesting to see what the 2-wheeler market outlook is.
Srikanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 20:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
On a lighter note the car manufacturers with the inventory pile up are based in and around Pune. I hope they have not picked the nasty attitude that the shopkeepers from Pune have. It is the he (shopkeeper) is the king and has opened his shop to do his fellow men/women a favor. Those that come and are able to convince him to sell do so at their own risk.
I think my fellow Punekars will know about this and even the people from Mumbai who frequent Pune and take the risk of shopping here know it. Who knows the auto companies have caught this bug as well.
This kind of attitude is fine with small is medium sized/business shopkeepers but the sane attitude reflects on a manufacturers dealerthen the figure for the loss generated will be ghastly.

Customer is God!
Manufacturers/Dealers have to realize this.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 21:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This kind of attitude is fine with small is medium sized/business shopkeepers but the sane attitude reflects on a manufacturers dealerthen the figure for the loss generated will be ghastly.

Customer is God!
Manufacturers/Dealers have to realize this.

Anurag.
VW is already like that. They will probably say that Indians are not 'mature enough' to appreciate their hi-fi cars.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 09:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
VW is already like that. They will probably say that Indians are not 'mature enough' to appreciate their hi-fi cars.
I agree on the VW behaviour here. I had casually gone to TD the GT TDI.

Firstly I was asked to wait as no sales guy was free and when he came and asked me the car that I wanted to do a TD, I told Polo GT TDI and he was "Sir, I would recommend Vento instead of Polo GT TDI! It is better, spacious and faster"

I wished him a Thank you and walked out.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th December 2013 at 09:40.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote