Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th March 2014, 15:51   #136
BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
I too agree that the Xcent's rear-end is a bit boring to look at, but I think it is just a matter of getting used to.
Exactly. More important to me is that fact that the boot should be practical rather than just beautiful. the Dzire boot has 315 litres of boot space, while the Amaze has 400 litres. The difference is huge, especially since both cars are nearly the same in length (under 4 metres). Now, if the Xcent's boot is comparable to the Amaze (and I hope it is), that will be a major plus point for a large number of people.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 11:12   #137
BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Exactly. More important to me is that fact that the boot should be practical rather than just beautiful. the Dzire boot has 315 litres of boot space, while the Amaze has 400 litres. The difference is huge, especially since both cars are nearly the same in length (under 4 metres). Now, if the Xcent's boot is comparable to the Amaze (and I hope it is), that will be a major plus point for a large number of people.
Amaze's boot is actually 380 litre only with 20 litre claimed for under the mat storage, whatever that means, I think the Xcent will definitely have a bigger boot, going by the pictures.
Old 11th March 2014, 16:47   #138
BHPian

In my view and as a CS owner myself, the buyer of a Compact Sedan would probably look for the 'utility' factor more than the looks. As few fellow members have rightly pointed out, in current market and cars that are going to be launched in near term in CS segment, none of the car excels in 'looks' department. The buyer has to 'make-do' with looks for sure. If the buyer is very particular about looks, he/she would go for a full-fledged sedan (like City, Verna, Rapid, Vento etc.,)

Instead what CS provide is amazing VFM - combined with superb utility. The buyer will be able to own a 'Sedan-looking' car at the same reaping the lower excise duty benefits.

As far as the CS's in the market - every car has it's own USP and the car that provides more utility to the buyer - depending on his 'wish-list' will be chosen.

Having said that, Xcent IMHO, looks all set to take the segment by storm if Hyundai prices it properly. People will not hesitate to go for it given the success of Grand i10 and the amazing A.S.S of Hyundai. The only deciding factor would potentially be pricing.
Old 11th March 2014, 17:54   #139
BHPian

I got the following SMS from KUN Hyundai from where I purchased my i20 3 years back.

'The wait is over! The best new car launch from Hyundai has arrived! Xtra comfort, Xtra space, Xtra features!! The all new Xcent. Bookings open from 12th March. Contact xxxxxxxx for more details.'

Looks like Hyundai is going all guns to promote their new launch. Lets see how they price it.
Old 11th March 2014, 22:04   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Carsizzler reveals speculated details of the Sedan

Quote:
News is that the company will launch the Xcent in 5 variants namely;

1) Xcent B (B=Base variant)
2) Xcent S
3) Xcent S(O)
4) Xcent SX
5) Xcent SX(O);

While the B variant will be the basic version, the SX(O) will be the most feature rich of all the variants with features like parking sensors, 2-Din music system with steering controls, climate control, ABS, diamond cut alloy wheels etc.

The Xcent will be launched in both petrol and diesel engines. While it is expected that Hyundai will power the Xcent with the same engines that do duty on the Grand i10, some reports also suggest a possibility of a 1.4-lt diesel engine to power the Xcent.

Speculated prices for the Xcent will begin at Rs. 5.10 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...-10-lakhs.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th March 2014 at 22:05.
volkman10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 09:59   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai website is slowly getting updated. The tag line is 'The real family sedan'.

Name:  image2842999308.jpg
Views: 5965
Size:  211.0 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 11:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the launch will be broadcasted LIVE? Are there any links for the webcast?
Old 12th March 2014, 11:23   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Carsizzler reveals speculated details of the Sedan

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...-10-lakhs.html
The starting price of Rs.5.10 lacs confirms what I had predicted few pages back in the thread re the prices of the car.

BTW, the company's website shows the car as upcoming vehicle:
http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Vehicle...ent/index.html
Old 12th March 2014, 11:47   #144
BHPian

The launch of the car is happening at a hotel in New Delhi. The car will be available in six colours, Phantom Black, Prinstine Blue, Red Passion, Sleek Silver, Twilight Blue & Pure White.

Apart from this the diesel engine gets a maximum power 72/4000(ps/rpm). The automatic version will be available in both optional S & Sx levels.

The car also gets a chrome radiator grill and airdam, Rear chrome garnish, Fully automated temperature control, Covered Centre control storage, Rear centre arm rest,Rear parking assist system, Electro chromic mirror (Even the Santa Fe doesn't have this feature),Luggage lamp, Front and rear room lamps, Tilt Steering.

Dimensions:

Overall Length: 3995mm
Overall width: 1660mm
Overall height: 1520mm
Wheelbase: 2425mm
Front Track: 1479mm
Rear Track: 1493mm
Fuel Tank capacity: 43 litres

What is disappointing is the integrated head restraints.

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xcent0001.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xcent0002.jpg

Last edited by mints21 : 12th March 2014 at 12:00.
mints21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:02   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The automatic version will be available in both optional S & Sx levels.
Looks like top end version is SX(o). I hope they are not repeating the same mistake as Grand i10 launching automatic version without safety features.

Edit: Airbags is standard in SX. Looks like automatic variant will not get ABS

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th March 2014 at 12:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:20   #146
Senior - BHPian

This launch seems quite low-key and not so exciting. Reason being the Grand i10 already has taken the spotlight, there is nothing new in this apart from the integrated boot and a few features lifted from i20.

I feel that this vehicle hasn't created a new segment, infact it may end up downing sales of Grand and i20, completely confusing the existing positioning. Grand was a sureshot winner, why not since it was visibly bigger and more refined than the old i10 in everyway. The i20 catered to those who wanted good elbow room and luggage space, alongwith features 2 segments higher.

The Xcent is called the complete family car, but there is no difference from the Grand unless one wants to carry a couple of bags extra in the boot, rear arm-rests aren't as important as the front which the Xcent doesnt have for being a sedan. I would have also liked them to lower the height of the car. My opinion is that the go-to family car under 10L with great safety and space is still the i20 as it's 2 inches wider than Xcent/Grand (same length as Xcent). If luggage space isn't a concern Grand comes 2nd, hatches are far more practical to own and park within cities. The Xcent positioning is as vague as its design. Of course this being India, I would not bet against it.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:36   #147
Senior - BHPian

Curious to know the pricing. I guess it will be at par with Amaze. This car is a serious threat to Amaze more than to Dzire. Plus point mainly for X-cent is the better interiors than what Amaze has. Lets see how it goes.

So its a hard battle started between 2 H, Hyundai & Honda. First its Verna Vs City and now Amaze Vs X-cent. Interesting to see who wins it. We will get clear picture only after 6 months IMO.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:53   #148
BHPian

A new game changer from Hyundai
Guess the war is getting aggressive with players entering left right and centre.
Sub 4m sedans, compact SUVs.
Every player is jostling for a larger share of pie

Next awaiting are Ford Figo Sedan, Tata Zest, VW Taigun to name a few.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:57   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Xcent launched in India for Rs 4.66 lakh ( ex- showroom Del)

Xcent is available in three variants - Base, S and SX - and in six colours. The Base trim is priced at Rs 4.66 lakh for the petrol, while the diesel costs Rs 5.56 lakh. The top SX variant costs Rs 6.47 lakh for the petrol and Rs 7.38 lakh for the SX diesel. The 1.2-litre petrol automatic variant is priced at Rs 6.29 lakh as introductory prices.
The top SX variant gets a few more features over the hatch; it comes with automatic climate control and a rear-view camera. Steering-mounted audio controls, an audio system with Aux, USB, Bluetooth and 1GB internal storage are features available as standard on the S and SX variants. Dual front airbags are only available on the SX trim. And, much like the hatch, ABS is an option, but only on the S and SX variants.
It gets a cooled glovebox as standard on all variants but the Base variant gets only front power windows and no electric mirror adjust. The top SX trim comes with 14-inch alloys as standard, but Hyundai is giving you the option of 15-inch 'diamond cut' alloys as well. At 407 litres, the Xcent has got the largest boot in its class, seven litres more than Honda's Amaze.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-374945.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th March 2014 at 13:03.
volkman10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:59   #150
BHPian

Superb pricing (Ex - Delhi)
Petrol - 4.66L - 6.47 L
Diesel - 5.56 - 7.38L

Definite game changer - But these are introductory prices !!!
Closed Thread