Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2014, 20:31   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked today. Am I the first to take the bait? Cross posting details from 'booked my car' thread.

Manufacturer : Hyundai.
Model : Xcent.
Variant : SX(O) Automatic.
Colour : Sleek Silver.

Ex-showroom : 7,44,337/-
Insurance - B2B 19,236/-
Regn & Handling charges : 5900/-
Road tax : 60,000/-

Freebies : What to expect from a newly launched car! Mats and mudflaps included though.

Dealer - Hilton Hyundai.

Date of Delivery : 3 week promised. Expected by 12th April.
Finance : NA.

Accessories Planned: Car is having almost all features I wanted. So nothing planned for now, except maybe leather seat covers.

Exchange car : Going to replace our 2004 model 94k kms run WagonR. Will be used by parents.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 00:34   #197
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Booked today. Am I the first to take the bait? Cross posting details from 'booked my car' thread.
Congratulations, CrAzY dRiVeR! The Xcent is a newly launched car, but since it shares almost everything with its hatchback sibling, there is very little chance of any niggling issue cropping up in the first few batches of production cars. So it's perfectly fine to be the early bird!

Did you get to do a test drive? If yes, how does the suspension feel - have they set it up differently compared to the Grand i10?
Old 15th March 2014, 16:40   #198
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Any idea on the capacity of the compressor for AC used in this?
I hope its not a measly 90cc used in the current i20.
Old 15th March 2014, 21:11   #199
Senior - BHPian

Just back from Hyundai dealer, the test drive cars will be here by month end. bookings are open, amount is 15K. As per the sweet lady at reception, waiting periods would be of around 60 days. Here is the price list:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-20140315_202942.jpg  

agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 00:14   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Just back from Hyundai dealer, the test drive cars will be here by month end. bookings are open, amount is 15K. As per the sweet lady at reception, waiting periods would be of around 60 days. Here is the price list:
Cant wait for official review of Xcent and a three way comparo of Dzire, Amaze and Xcent.15K booking amount is quite reasonable. Any penalties for cancellation?
Old 16th March 2014, 11:28   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any penalties for cancellation?
Actually no penalties yet, but would be around 2-3k as same was the case with Grand I10, when my Cousin bought one.
Old 16th March 2014, 12:09   #202
BHPian

What has come as a big surprise to me is that Hyundai has sent just one demo car in New Delhi which is being shared between dealers.

I spoke to the head of HMP which is a company owned and operated showroom and he was quite surprised at this move of the company.

People are coming to have a look and test drive but they don't have a car available at display.

Seems like Hyundai is experimenting some new marketing technique, which further indicates that they are also finding it tough to handle success.

Can we imagine a second largest car manufacturer of India launching a car and have none to display across showrooms.

Then how is this launch different from the one before auto expo 2014.

Two differences, they didn't disclose the price, specifications and variants.

Such a thing is not expected from Hyundai.
Old 16th March 2014, 12:55   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bookings are open, amount is 15K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Any penalties for cancellation?
Quote:
Actually no penalties yet, but would be around 2-3k as same was the case with Grand I10, when my Cousin bought one.
I was charged 5k for the booking, and 1k is the written cancellation charge if we want a refund. No charges apply if you opt for any other Hyundai car instead of Xcent.
Old 16th March 2014, 23:34   #204
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I booked the petrol SX(O) red color model today. As the TD car was not available it was booked on the condition that i will get full refund if i didn't like the car after TD.

I personally wanted to opt for the diesel model but a lot of people told me that diesel engines are not meant for short distances. I drive alot on the weekends but on weekdays it 15kms per day (7.5 KM per way, hardly 15-20 mins).

I'm still confused, not sure if i have taken the correct decision by opting for the petrol model. Does short distance really harms the diesel engine?
Old 16th March 2014, 23:45   #205
Team-BHP Support

No cars in Bangalore. Expected only by Wednesday. Quite strange to see a car launched but not available for display in Bangalore. Both advaith and trident did not have deisplay vehicles also. Usually the day of launch means they are available for display pan india.
Old 17th March 2014, 09:10   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
I'm still confused, not sure if i have taken the correct decision by opting for the petrol model. Does short distance really harms the diesel engine?
Go for the diesel if your usage is more than 1k kms per month to justify the initial extra down payment. Short distances don't harm diesels. Those are mostly urban myths from those pre-CRDi days IMO.
Old 17th March 2014, 18:47   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Go for the diesel if your usage is more than 1k kms per month to justify the initial extra down payment. Short distances don't harm diesels. Those are mostly urban myths from those pre-CRDi days IMO.

Yes my usage is around 1000 kms per month. Only point is the short distance travel during weekdays, if it doesn't harm Diesel engines, than probably I will go with the same.
Old 17th March 2014, 19:23   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes my usage is around 1000 kms per month. Only point is the short distance travel during weekdays, if it doesn't harm Diesel engines, than probably I will go with the same.
Short distances would NOT fetch you the best of the FE. But as long as you take care of the engine, it would NOT create any issues. But still, I am NOT sure its gonna justify your investment of over 1L over the petrol variant.
Old 17th March 2014, 20:30   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Short distances would NOT fetch you the best of the FE. But as long as you take care of the engine, it would NOT create any issues. But still, I am NOT sure its gonna justify your investment of over 1L over the petrol variant.

Thanks for the reply.

Short distance trip will only be for weekdays, I'm planning diesel keeping in mind that my office will be shifting and my distance will increase after an year. Only concern is current year, but as you say that short distance will not harm the engine, I might opt for diesel.
Old 17th March 2014, 21:33   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Short distance trip will only be for weekdays, I'm planning diesel keeping in mind that my office will be shifting and my distance will increase after an year. Only concern is current year, but as you say that short distance will not harm the engine, I might opt for diesel.
Stick to the 30 secs idling routine after startup and before switching off. That should ensure a good healthy turbo life. Engine as such won't have issues anyways.
Closed Thread