Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th March 2014, 12:43   #451
BHPian

I am planning to buy celerio. Confusion is between vxi and zxi. Is zxi worth the extra bucks being spent on it. How good is the ICE in zxi. My father will be using the car and a basic music system is all that he needs. If I buy a vxi how much will a decent music system cost.
nik hill is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 15:07   #452

Default Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I am planning to buy celerio. Confusion is between vxi and zxi. Is zxi worth the extra bucks being spent on it. How good is the ICE in zxi. My father will be using the car and a basic music system is all that he needs. If I buy a vxi how much will a decent music system cost.
By comparing zxi and vxi, I am assuming that you are looking at Manual model and not the Auto Gear Shift offered in the vxi trim.

My suggestion would be to upgrade to zxi if possible. As over vxi, you get

Remote central locking
In built music system with bluetooth facility
Stereo Mounted Audio Controls
Tilt Steering
Body Color Door Handles/Mirror
Electrically adjustable ORVM

which according to me is good value for money.

However if you are short on budget, then you can go for vxi and plan to add ICE later as and when your ok with it.

A decent music system with four speakers would cost as below
Headunit (CD/USB/Aux/FM without bluetooth - Single Din) - 5500/-
Headunit (CD/USB/Aux/FM with bluetooth - Single Din) - 7500/-

Speakers (Set of 4 from sony) - 3400/-
vijay.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 17:52   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
By comparing zxi and vxi, I am assuming that you are looking at Manual model and not the Auto Gear Shift offered in the vxi trim.

My suggestion would be to upgrade to zxi if possible. As over vxi, you get

Remote central locking
In built music system with bluetooth facility
Stereo Mounted Audio Controls
Tilt Steering
Body Color Door Handles/Mirror
Electrically adjustable ORVM

which according to me is good value for money.

However if you are short on budget, then you can go for vxi and plan to add ICE later as and when your ok with it.

A decent music system with four speakers would cost as below
Headunit (CD/USB/Aux/FM without bluetooth - Single Din) - 5500/-
Headunit (CD/USB/Aux/FM with bluetooth - Single Din) - 7500/-

Speakers (Set of 4 from sony) - 3400/-
Thanks for sharing your views . Yes we are planning for the manual model. If you could also tell me about the quality of ICE in zxi or standard maruti ICE in other car models.
Old 11th March 2014, 18:55   #454
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
The ex-showroom price in Chandigarh of the manual VXI is ~ 4.1 lacs and that of the ZXI is ~ 4.39 lacs, according to the Celerio website.

For 29k rupees more, you get a car that looks better on the outside (colour handles, coloured mirrors with integrated ORVMs), feels better on the inside (fabric door trim), has extra comfort & convenience features (keyless entry, tilt steering, electrically adjustable mirrors, seat back pocket) and an integrated music system (AM/FM, CD/MP3, Aux-in, USB with Bluetooth functionality) with 4 speakers and steering mounted audio controls. You also get a very useful rear wash-wipe facility, a rear defogger and a driver's seatbelt warning lamp.

Most importantly, you get a driver airbag on the ZXI!

For around thirty thousand rupees on-road, you get such a long feature list. The difference in price is definitely worth it, IMHO.

In my opinion, the driver airbag is the single most important reason why you should choose the ZXI over the VXI. The other useful features are an added bonus. Please choose the ZXI, it is definitely the better investment without a doubt.

Last edited by RSR : 11th March 2014 at 19:02.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 15:12   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The ex-showroom price in Chandigarh of the manual VXI is ~ 4.1 lacs and that of the ZXI is ~ 4.39 lacs, according to the Celerio website.

For 29k rupees more, you get a car that looks better on the outside (colour handles, coloured mirrors with integrated ORVMs), feels better on the inside (fabric door trim), has extra comfort & convenience features (keyless entry, tilt steering, electrically adjustable mirrors, seat back pocket) and an integrated music system (AM/FM, CD/MP3, Aux-in, USB with Bluetooth functionality) with 4 speakers and steering mounted audio controls. You also get a very useful rear wash-wipe facility, a rear defogger and a driver's seatbelt warning lamp.

Most importantly, you get a driver airbag on the ZXI!

For around thirty thousand rupees on-road, you get such a long feature list. The difference in price is definitely worth it, IMHO.

In my opinion, the driver airbag is the single most important reason why you should choose the ZXI over the VXI. The other useful features are an added bonus. Please choose the ZXI, it is definitely the better investment without a doubt.
thanks for sharing your views, i am still trying to find out about the stock ICE in ZXI variant.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:47   #456
BHPian

Soon WagonR and Alto will have AMT option.

Maruti is planning to introduce an automatic (AMT) variant on the Alto K10 and will soon equip more models with the technology.

A report in the Financial Express says that company officials have confirmed the introduction of the AMT technology to the Wagon R and the Alto, apart from the introduction of a CVT gearbox to the upcoming Ciaz.

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...s/20140311.htm

Last edited by idea : 12th March 2014 at 22:48.
idea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 11:09   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

WagonR Vxi with AMT will be a bigger hit than the celerio. Just hope that MSIL wont bring AMT only in Lxi like how they have the Green version available on LXi.
Old 14th March 2014, 22:28   #458
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised we do not have an official review of the Celerio. I took a short test just to experience the AMT. My thoughts if it helps:

1. Less fun to drive in Auto mode. We still have a rubber band effect present in old generation autos.

2. The manual mode was much better. If I ever buy one, I would be using that mode most of the time. The auto mode is good for real slow moving traffic. Worked really well, no issues at all.

3. The brakes like most Autos have amazing bite. It needs a bit getting used to. I hit the brakes with my left foot by mistake and the car stopped with so much force. The pedals are placed too close for my liking.

4. Plastics, switchgears, overall dash layout are much better than the Alto and even the WagonR. I would have loved if the mirrors were more wider, but works. Good all round visibility

5. No ABS/Airbags on the auto version is a sad omission.

6. Waiting period is min 3 months
mail4ajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 22:58   #459
BHPian

Quote:
3. The brakes like most Autos have amazing bite. It needs a bit getting used to. I hit the brakes with my left foot by mistake and the car stopped with so much force. The pedals are placed too close for my liking.
Were you driving @manual mode at that time? It happened for me too. When we are in manual mode our mind automatically pushes the left leg towards clutch pedal and combine this with that BIGGG brake pedal right next to the clutch pedal position you end up with that oouch effect. Maruti should fix it to avoid this embarrassment.
irdevanand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 16:44   #460
Senior - BHPian

Waiting period for Maruti Celerio AMT is 6 months now

People who are planning to buy a Maruti Suzuki Celerio, might have to wait for six months to get their car delivered after booking, if the booked version is Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) gearbox equipped. Launched in February, this year, the Celerio has been receiving around 1000 bookings a day across the nation, of which more than half are for the AMT version. While, Maruit had expected a 20% demand for the AMT version.

Source :
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/waiting-pe...e-otherstories
Old 19th March 2014, 23:30   #461
Team-BHP Support

Was Googling about some random stuff and came across the MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessory) brochure for the Celerio with the part numbers and the pricing. Might be helpful for someone who's looking to buy something for the new car.

Link

PS: .pdf weighs in at 4.66 MB. Exceeds the forum's limit of 3 MB for pdf's size.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:00   #462
Team-BHP Support

Indian auto major, Maruti Suzuki is planning to increase the production of the Celerio by two times to meet the growing demand for the car. The current monthly production of the car stands at 5,000 units.

Maruti has written to its vendors to know if they will be able to match the doubling of the production. If the response from the vendors is favourable, the company will increase the production of the Celerio to 10,000 units per month from July 2014.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:31   #463
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
And what happened to the official review of Celerio? Why is it getting delayed? A few other sites have published their review weeks back. With so much hype going around the Celerio and its unexpectedly high booking numbers, and AMT being the new buzzword in the segment, I am wondering why our forum has not done the review till now. We should have been the first to do that, but that's already done. Anyway better late than never. Eagerly waiting for the detailed team-bhp review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Also when is the TBHP review of the car coming? Eagerly waiting for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Lots oh helpful user reviews here, but am really waiting for the Official Team Bhp review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
When is the Team BJP review for Maruti Celerio expected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
many of us have been asking this question for so many weeks, but sadly no answer from any of our mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Still waiting for a TD of that elusive AMT variant along with the review that matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am surprised we do not have an official review of the Celerio.
Unfortunately, Maruti doesn't seem to have a review car for Team-BHP & its users. Their response has been far from satisfactory, despite email & phone interactions.

We're now going to borrow a generous Team-BHP fan's car, just as we had for our Swift Official Review (link (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review)). Hopefully, this happens soon and we have our report on the Celerio up.

Considering a typical car is on sale for 7 - 8 years in India, even if it takes us another month, the review will help thousands of members & guests over the coming years.

A detailed, unbiased & benchmark review will come for sure, there's no doubt on that. We're very firm about providing a neutral opinion on every car launched in India.

Nothing can keep us away from a new car, not even its own maker . Team-BHP owes this to its 19 lakh monthly visitors.

Quote:
Also the Datsun Go has been reviewed by other sites
Our Datsun Go review was live within an hour of launch

Quote:
The new Santa Fe and Linea facelift reviews were so quick and prompt to appear in this forum, which makes me wonder whether nowadays our forum is more focused towards C & D segment + cars.
The 1 - 15 lakh segment is the most important to us. Except for the Celerio, we have already published reviews of each & every important car launched in India. Take a look at this list and feel free to point out significant cars that we've missed reviewing.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2014 at 17:39.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:40   #464
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good move IMO. You should hit the hammer when metal is hot. Maruti has nailed it in right spot. Soon we will see lots of Celerio's on the road for sure. AMT being a major factor for it.

If MUL launches Wagon R and Alto 800 with AMT, then soon we will see lots of AMT on our roads for sure. I guess bottleneck being AMT kit itself. I guess MUL imports it from outside, that's why the restriction on the total capacity. Hope they will improve the AMT going further and localize it to reduce the costs further.
Old 25th March 2014, 17:45   #465
BHPian

A friend of mine took a test drive from a showroom nearby . When he tried shifting from D mode to M mode , the engine stalled . This happened thrice . The TD car had clocked only 1800 Kms on the ODO. For some reason he was not very satisfied with the performance and later shifted to Toyota Etios Liva.

So , is this AMT technology entirely new ? is it reliable ?
Closed Thread