Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th January 2014, 21:22   #91
Senior - BHPian

Guys, akshay, in the end, whatever maruti heads are doing, seems to be keeping the dealers in shape however the promises you claim sudhir rao might make in the same situation, dont seem to be falling through.
Starscream had got a call offering a td of a brand new car thus said "phone call" seems to have had a greater impact
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 22:34   #92
BHPian

Default re: Skoda Improving? Think again...Only getting worse! *EDIT: now waterpump fails!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
....Otherwise, create a contingency fund of at least 2 lakhs, and find a reliable third party garage.

Am I suicidal!!
No, You are Masochistic! What else can I say?
The problem is with the Indian culture. The 'term customer satisfaction' is meaningless here. Once the goods reaches the customer's hands, the dealer washes his hands. The warranty, extended warranty, blah blah... are just other money making tactics. The Skoda saga is just an example.
Have pleasure (masochistic)!

Last edited by Thunderbird77 : 11th January 2014 at 22:38. Reason: mistake
Thunderbird77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 00:11   #93
BHPian

Default re: Skoda Improving? Think again...Only getting worse! *EDIT: now waterpump fails!*

Sahil, my experience with JMD was they are not technically proficient. I had asked them to change a parking light bulb and they fused my xenons. They replaced the roof-lining of my RS, but did not put in place clips of the sun-roof, with the result that the inside cover would rattle like crazy when the car went over a rough patch. I had both issues fixed by Swadi Auto at Nanachowk. Since the car is already out from JMD, I suggest you take it to Swadi. Atleast they will tell you the real fault.
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 06:03   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Starscream had got a call offering a td of a brand new car thus said "phone call" seems to have had a greater impact
For the fear of going off-topic here.

They gave a test drive in a BRAND new car. So in a way they ripped off the potential buyer of that particular car by selling him a car used for test drives. Where are the ethics here? The more logical thing would be fix your TD car and give a test ride in that.
vikrantj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 09:24   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you atleast post the basic details of the case here as to what was the fault in the car ( what model?) and what was the court's verdict or compensation given? This will give a lot of Skoda owners some motivation to not take things lying down.
Here are some links to the news of skoda case in NCR. I think I have posted this is some thread in TBHP also, but couldn't find it. Anyway read the links below.

http://www.rushlane.com/skoda-india-...y-1256105.html

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ervice-station

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...ue&ref=wl_home

http://*************/showthread.php?...mer-Commission
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 09:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post

They gave a test drive in a BRAND new car. So in a way they ripped off the potential buyer of that particular car by selling him a car used for test drives. Where are the ethics here? The more logical thing would be fix your TD car and give a test ride in that.
Ditto from Maruti dealer on RK salai, Chennai. He had a brand new swift and offered a TD in that. I checked if it was already booked by someone fearing the worst but the SA told me that it is yet to be sold!!
Shortsell is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 10:52   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If the Car is 4 Years old and they have offered you 50 % off , I will suggest you to take the proposal . To be fair on Skoda , Electronics is not something that can be warranted for extended time . If you have reasons to believe that they messed up while repairs , you best chances will be to reason with dealership .
That is completely wrong advice!!
If the extended warranty is still good, and covers the electronics, then Skoda by law has to change it free of cost. If they couldn't support old electronics, why offer to cover them under extended warranty? Is it not fooling the owners? What is covered need to be paid up full, simple, crying over how they cant cover normal wear and tear is plain silly.
Are Skoda owners buying vegetables at the local vendor for the company to haggle over how much they are willing to support? Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat2020 View Post
@ Toyota I always get replaced parts back including the bulbs (!). Dont remember Tata doing that when I had my Indica..
Nonsense!! Tata workshops always return back any broken or changed part, infact they even returned me my broken metal under body guard once they fitted a new one.

Let us stick on to Skoda here, the topic is on Skoda's practices and not on how you perceive Toyota or Tata!!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th January 2014 at 11:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I don't think a head of a company would do nothing about feedback given to him personally. If tomorrow you are having a sit down with Sudhir Rao of Skoda and you tell him something similar, he may not call personally in front of you but I'm sure he would make sure something is done about it (its a separate issue a Skoda TD car would never feel like its falling apart due to the better build of Euros compared to Japs )
I am sure Sudhir Rao of Skoda is well aware of many, if not all, the horror stories about Skoda. We would not have such threads on TBHP if he had done anything about them.

Skoda TD car will never feel like its falling apart because of two reasons. Firstly not many TD a Skoda as compared to any Jap car. Two, the dealers are not as inviting as Japs in offering you a test drive when you need one. In September 2008 my father wanted to buy a Fabia as he liked the car a lot. He came all the way from Meerut to book the car at a dealer in South Ex in Delhi and booked a Honda city instead due to extremely callous attitude of the SA. In a way I am extremely grateful to the Skoda SA for saving us the pain of owing a Skoda.
sourabhzen is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 12:26   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post

Let me add something, since there is a massive leap of logic here - it was a brand new demo car. I thought I made that clear in a reply to an earlier post when I said it benefited other customers as well.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 13:42   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is completely wrong advice!!
If the extended warranty is still good, and covers the electronics, then Skoda by law has to change it free of cost.
Most likely Sahil does not have additional warranty .

Quote:
The cars had no major problems during the first two years. I even requested them to offer me extended warranty for a charge like they do for the Superb now but they refused.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 15:01   #101
BHPian

I haven't read many good things off late about Skoda. Below link is an exception: http://jalopnik.com/is-skoda-secretl...and-1497130218.
And check one of the comments about it being the most reliable brand under VAG.

Last edited by rrsteer : 16th January 2014 at 15:04.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 14:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

I don't know when we can start expecting Skoda's service centres to be fair, honest and trouble free.

I'm at the Vinayak Skoda service centre here for my Fabia's 5th paid service and apart from some problems of my own I only see vehicle owners (not drivers) speak with their service advisors about issues pending a fix over several visits, irresponsible management by Vinayak cars over a customer's Rapid car's parts order placement (2 small parts) related to braking system, a Yeti owner lamenting session about his car giving multiple issues right from 1st service and huge bills inspite of unresolved requests, a fairly new (9 months) rapid car owner's power window problems.

When can a Skoda owner enjoy his vehicle without having to cry about his choice of 4 wheeled automobile?

Increasingly irritating trends and not to mention depreciates my confidence faster than their cars, in going for a Rapid..

As for myself, I landed a service advisor who takes the easy way out by being lazy and also doesn't have a problem lying. Does not even want to walk over to their parts dept and source a part I needed changed. This, considering that they get money from the part and labour charge to fix it.. Returns to find what I did in his absence and shamelessly tries to take credit for it (he asked the spare parts guys to 'somehow' arrange to get one piece for me).. They had many. I wonder why he's employed with them.

I ask for the brakes to be inspected because their bite probably went down a little. He took a look at the front pads (just inspecting from outside without any wheel removal) and claims they need to be changed because they'll only last less than 1000kms. To the side of the centre's lobby, the shop floor guy comea driving my car and mentioned the service was over when I asked him. Upon querying, he confirmed the pads are good and I can continue with them for another 6 months easily and he's serviced the setup to be little sharper/better. Stark difference from what the service guy claimed.. Extremely poor skills for a guy who has been around for 4-5 yrs in the business or very good money making skills for his employer.

Don't understand why they can't be clean, legitimate, make money the right way and keep a customer happy for life..
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 16:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I don't know when we can start expecting Skoda's service centres to be fair, honest and trouble free. I'm at the Vinayak Skoda service centre here for my Fabia's 5th paid service and apart from some problems of my own I only see vehicle owners (not drivers) speak with their service advisors about issues pending a fix over several visits, irresponsible management by Vinayak cars over a customer's Rapid car's parts order placement (2 small parts) related to braking system, a Yeti owner lamenting session about his car giving multiple issues right from 1st service and huge bills inspite of unresolved requests, a fairly new (9 months) rapid car owner's power window problems. Whe easily and he's serviced the setup to be little sharper/better. Stark difference from what the service guy claimed.. Extremely poor skills for a guy who has been around for 4-5 yrs in the business or very good money making skills for his employer. Don't understand why they can't be clean, legitimate, make money the right way and keep a customer happy for life..

Why don't you take up your poor impressions and experiences directly with Aiyanna, the GM there? He sits at the KR Puram centre if thats where you are too.
He has always served me well and my Yeti too.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 21:11   #104
Senior - BHPian

Vinayak also are no better than other pathetic dealers after a car is sold, this has been my experience with them after taking delivering of 3 cars in last 2 weeks. They gave me a Floor mat(carpet type) for Rapid which I am yet to figure out to which Skoda vehicle it belongs. I have followed up repeatedly for this and they are yet to resolve the floor mat issue leave aside the service part. I was given 10L of diesel as a compliment but for two of my relatives they gave 5L only. The accessory guy Munawar at Marathalli showroom is a ever-smile guy with no idea of what they have in stock, the only saving grace is Devaraj who atleast admits his mistake. Be very cautious when dealing at Marathalli showroom, I was and hence did not get any surprises at the time of delivery. They are also using Shankar Balan's name to endorse their sales and service accomplishments.

Last edited by deehunk : 18th January 2014 at 21:19.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 11:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why don't you take up your poor impressions and experiences directly with Aiyanna, the GM there? He sits at the KR Puram centre if thats where you are too.
He has always served me well and my Yeti too.
Hi Shankar. I haven't met Aiyanna till now but I am assuming he was not there in the afternoon when i finally paid up and left the place (one other customer who had come in shortly prior, was asking for senior mgmt folk to speak to and the receptionist mentioned they weren't available at that time/gone out). I am someone who prefers these don't happen in the first place. Furthermore, I had a pressing issue at hand which warranted I leave the showroom soon and get the security bolts on my car removed (because Vinayak SC at KR Puram couldn't get it done). There was this younger guy who was sitting in CRM's cabin (i can't remember right but I suppose he's the kin of someone at Skoda India or at least the head of Vinayak Skoda??) and my friends and I have had a poor response from him when he joined a few years prior, so I didn't bother to highlight anything with him (coupled with my urgency to leave). The service advisor also sheepishly admitted his mistake about the mirror plastic ring during a test drive that was not required at all, and I didn't want to make his life miserable for the day.

Point is apart from myself, many customers who came there are unhappy. It probably wasn't the only day such outcry/ranting has happened. Everyone know this. If something has to be done about it, it was about time Aiyanna would have done it. That's how I see it. And I hope my expectation isn't unrealistic and someone claims this is how service centres in India are. Frankly that is crap and there does exist service centre where customer's satisfaction are managed right (I know 2 Honda car owners who are extremely happy. My B-I-L in chennai sold his 4 yrs old 1st gen Octavia only because he wasn't happy with Gurudev AND parts replacements were too frequent and costed a bomb).

End of the day both Vinayak Cars and TAFE know that customers have to come to either one of the dealers, so both don't have much incentive to change themselves for the better.

Even the customer who raised a stink when the braking related parts for his Rapid weren't correctly done (2 parts for which he had paid up prior to Vinayak ordering them), towards the end of his ranting, kind of submitted to this fact that I've mentioned above and mellowed down with the service advisors gang, almost pleading.. Very sad, consdiering the rightful paying customer had to change his stance.

Thanks to God I haven't been subject to this kind of harrassment until now but these make me think if I should take a chance to allow myself to probably face such treatment in the future, after plonking big money on their cars. There is a good chance either the dealer will wash their hands off, or Skoda will or maybe even both.

Sometimes I wish Skoda cars were sold and serviced by Honda or any manufacturer who largely provides headache and harrassment free experience.

Btw, I know I've written a lot and I was just sharing my feedback/comments, nothing aimed at you or anyone, Shankar (except the 1st paragraph, as a response to your post). Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
They are also using Shankar Balan's name to endorse their sales and service accomplishments.
Has happened to me too when I visited them once in Nov 2013 (only sales accomplishments were mentioned).
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote