Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2015, 17:30   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

I am guessing it's not a typo since the heading for that para also says "6-Speed PowerShift Transmissions" as against just "Transmissions" for the Aspire. But not sure why this difference between Aspire and the hatchback.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:36   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Does it also mention the 100 bhp engine tune for diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
.... But the website given by Jonsnow mentions a 6 speed manual for the all new Figo. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
...It also mentions about the presence of 6 speed manual transmission (should be for diesel)...
5 forward + 1 reverse gear = 6 speed transmission?? You never know, but the marketing guys can think insane. Pretty sure that it will not get a 6 speed forward gears. In fact I hope they retain the same engine tune in the hatchback too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd September 2015 at 17:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:09   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
5 forward + 1 reverse gear = 6 speed transmission?? You never know, but the marketing guys can think insane. Pretty sure that it will not get a 6 speed forward gears. In fact I hope they retain the same engine tune in the hatchback too.
You never know, really!!. Infact when we were at the Hyundai showroom checking out the i20 Elite (D), the SA told me that it has a 7-speed transmission and it has great efficiency due to this. I was like and when asked again, he said 6F + 1 R gear. I never thought they would include a Reverse gear while quoting efficiency

First it was Hyundai and now, if true, then Ford as well. Looks like common marketing lingo doing rounds.

Last edited by racer_ash : 22nd September 2015 at 18:15. Reason: added text
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:46   #274
BHPian

I just got a call from Ford SA who said that the new Figo has arrived at the showroom and that I can come and check it out. Also, he said that the booking amount is Rs 30,000.

The last time I had gone to check out the Figo Aspire, the SA had said," Sir you seem to know a lot more about this car than even me. How is it so?"
(Thanks to Team-BHP threads that I had been closely following!)

So this time when he called (ie today just 10 min ago), I tried to act dumb by asking him the launch date. To my surprise he said that though earlier it was supposed to launch on the 23rd, it won't; it will launch in the next 3-4 days due to some unknown reasons!! If anyone can confirm with other Ford dealerships, it will save a lot of disappointment tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Just checked by replacing "figo" with "newfigo" in the url. Six airbags confirmed .
Thanks JonSnow!

Last edited by HolyDriver : 22nd September 2015 at 18:54. Reason: Typo
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:58   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparing the websites of the Figo and Aspire. Everything looks exactly the same.

Only differences seem to be the interior color combinations and the fact that the Figo gets a flat folding rear seat (no 60/40) since it is a hatch.

In the same section in the Aspire site, the boot space is mentioned. So assume there is nothing extraordinary about the Figo boot space.

The other interesting thing (already pointed out above) is that the Aspire website says 5 Speed Manual and Figo's says 6 speed. Screen shots below. Assume it is a typo since the website is not live yet.

Aspire

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordaspiretrans.jpg

Figo

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordfigotrans.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:01   #276
Senior - BHPian

Saw a brown colour Figo near Kalamassery, Kochi. It looked fresh out of the trailer with the white wrappings on the bonnet and door handles and all.

The variants so far revealed looks good, though am still cribbing about lack of ABS in the Trend variant( )

Do not know if its a typo or not, but the ACI site said there will be rear armrest in the Trend variant onward. Looks highly unlikely given none of the hatches offer rear armrests.

EDIT: Just now saw the new Figo website. Disappointed that they didn't put adjustable headrest in the rear seat.

P.S - Waiting with abaited breath if the 1.5TDCI is 90bhp or 100bhp. 90BHP would be fine indeed, but 100 would be extra juicy.

Last edited by DicKy : 22nd September 2015 at 19:03.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:37   #277
BHPian

There are few interior shots in the gallery that show 5F + 1R gears.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Ford All New Figo Website:

Energetic Interior Styling: All New Figo's exceptional interior design, handpicked colors, materials and comfortable seats help you feel its vitality. Add full width back seats with adjustable headrests and the interior space and you’re in for one lively experience.

Doesn't that mean it has height adjustable seats in the backside too? It seems its a typo mistake as the gallery doesn't promise so.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:45   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
I just got a call from Ford SA who said that the new Figo has arrived at the showroom and that I can come and check it out. Also, he said that the booking amount is Rs 30,000.

The last time I had gone to check out the Figo Aspire, the SA had said," Sir you seem to know a lot more about this car than even me. How is it so?"
(Thanks to Team-BHP threads that I had been closely following!)

So this time when he called (ie today just 10 min ago), I tried to act dumb by asking him the launch date. To my surprise he said that though earlier it was supposed to launch on the 23rd, it won't; it will launch in the next 3-4 days due to some unknown reasons!! If anyone can confirm with other Ford dealerships, it will save a lot of disappointment tomorrow.

Thanks JonSnow!
Ford India website has a LIVE chat option and below is the chat transcript which confirms the launch date is tomorrow. Hope this helps.

Please wait for a Ford Consultant to respond.

You will be assisted by 'Rohit'
Rohit: Welcome back. How may i assist you?
Keynote: I'm curious to know the launch date of the New Ford Figo
Rohit: We are glad to inform you that the car will be launched tomorrow.
Keynote: I just read in an automotive forum that some Ford Dealers are saying the car will launch only after 3 or 4 weeks due to unknown reasons. I just wanted to confirm the launch date is tomorrow?
Rohit: Yes, Sir. The car will be launched tomorrow.
Keynote: Ok many thanks for your quick response. Appreciate it.
Rohit: Is there anything else I may help you with?
Keynote: not today, thank you.
Rohit: Thank you for visiting us. To speak to us again on Chat, you may visit us at www.india.ford.com, anytime between 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Rohit: Thank you for contacting Ford India.

Rohit: Have a nice day! Good-bye.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:55   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
I just read in an automotive forum that some Ford Dealers are saying the car will launch only after 3 or 4 weeks due to unknown reasons. I just wanted to confirm the launch date is tomorrow?
Rohit: Yes, Sir. The car will be launched tomorrow.
I had written 3-4 days not 3-4 weeks.
Anyways, for confirming. Even I am eagerly waiting for the launch.
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:00   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a mail from Elite Ford Bangalore. Indicates launch is tomorrow at 1PM. Below are the live stream links shared in the email

Quote:
Dear Customers,
We invite you to be a part of the All –New Ford Figo Launch event. All you have to do is to log on facebook and watch the webcast live!!

You Can also view the webcast from any of the below given link.
Please use Google Chrome for best viewership experience
Go Further !
At this time none of the links are working. Assume it will get active only close to the launch

Last edited by navin : 23rd September 2015 at 12:00. Reason: Link removed as requested
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:38   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from Cauvery Ford saying that prices are going to be announced tomorrow but the test drive vehicle will take 20 more days to be registered and hit the roads. However he told that I can visit the showroom and see the vehicle and drive it in their premises only. But can't do it till weekend. Planning to ditch my WagonR which is getting more annoying by the day and I strongly feel that this car is very promising, ie speaking about the diesel. If priced on par or below the swift I guess it can rake in good numbers.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:31   #283
BHPian

Any features missing from the New Figo when compared to the Aspire?

i couldn't find any , except that now its the 1.2 thats likely to come with the AT option !! (just like Brio for Honda , I guess)
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:48   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
i couldn't find any , except that now its the 1.2 thats likely to come with the AT option !! (just like Brio for Honda , I guess)
All is pretty speculative as of now, but I believe the AT will be on the 1.5L petrol. Bearing in mind, it will not qualify for the excise benefits any more.

Some of the differences that we have figured out based on the pictures that have been circulated are as follows:
  • There may not be a Titanium+ variant or the leather has been given a miss.
  • The maximum airbags, as a result of the aforementioned seems to be 4, considering we did see curtain airbags on the Figo.
  • The armrest at the rear bench has been given a miss.
  • The headrests available on the Aspire have been swapped for neck restraints.
  • The rear seat, however, is of the forward folding (not 60:40) type. This I believe was not available on the Aspire owing to the beam present in the boot for safety purposes.

Others to any more that I am not aware of?
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:00   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
All is pretty speculative as of now, but I believe the AT will be on the 1.5L petrol. Bearing in mind, it will not qualify for the excise benefits any more.

• There may not be a Titanium+ variant or the leather has been given a miss.
  • The maximum airbags, as a result of the aforementioned seems to be 4, considering we did see curtain airbags on the Figo.

Others to any more that I am not aware of?
The AT will definitely be with the 1.5L. I don't think that Ford has mated the 1.2 to the DCT AT anywhere, so I don't think they will do it for the Figo. The website does not specifically mention the 1.5L engine, but that was the case on the Aspire website also.

6 Airbags is definitely present. Clearly called out on the site.

http://www.india.ford.com/cars/newfigo/features/safety

Since 6 airbags is confirmed, I assume there has to be a Titanium+ variant.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread