Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th January 2014, 16:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Spotted : Tata Nano Plus

The Nano Plus spotted during testing in Pune by Motoroids.

Quote:
Thanks to our friend and reader Omkar Kulkarni, we have the spy pics of the upcoming Tata Nano Plus. The car was spotted testing in Pune by him. He mentions the engine was silent and cannot be compared in any manner to the current 2 pot petrol engine. He also mentions the car had a better acceleration compared to the current Nano.

Powering the Tata Nano Plus will be a bigger 3 pot 1.0 liter petrol engine that would have a max power of around 60 bhp. The Nano Plus could come with several new additions and features such as front disc brakes, improved aircon, bucket seats, open-able tailgate, new dashboard, LED headlamps and fog lights, revised hood styling etc.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 07:17   #17
BHPian

Why was the nano plus not in the auto expo? Are they going behind their plans or delayed it?
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 12:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Why was the nano plus not in the auto expo? Are they going behind their plans or delayed it?
Tatas have showcased the Nano Twist Active concept with the openable boot as in case of the Nano Plus.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...ml#post3363590

This might be the preview to the design that the Nano Plus and Diesel will adorn whenever they may be launched.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 14:59   #19
BHPian

Good move. The current 2 cylinder sounds like a half brother of the TATA ACE. The 3 pot engine should up the refinement. Give it a auto gearbox. Maybe, you will have the first time crowd and people wanting a second car going for it. Lastly, ditch the 'Nano' nomenclature.

Last edited by shiv : 27th February 2014 at 15:00.
shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 15:36   #20
BHPian

I am happy with the current engine. But I think TATA just cannot skimp on disc brakes. The moment a nano comes up with disc brakes, Il plonk my money on it.

cheerS!
sai
sai_ace is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 13:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am also quite keen to consider Nano as a city car, though I know it can conquer Leh/ Ladakh as well, but hopefully I can buy a 4x4 for that at some point.

Now, is there any insider information on when we can expect:
1. Automatic transmission
2. A less noisy engine

I don't care about the number of cylinders nor about the openable boot.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 23:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

There goes my dream of having this as my second car. Considering I already have a Nano I shall have to make this my first car.

honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote