Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th May 2016, 08:34   #346
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Indian Nano, Alto, Figo, i10 & Polo FAIL Global NCAP Safety Test

Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
In spite of all the problems, we still love India and choose to live here. We owe it to ourselves, our loved ones and the future generations to try and make a better India in the future.
Coming back to automotive safety, we will not rest until we get world class automobiles in India which are in no way flimsier or unsafe than the same models sold in the developed world.
We will effect the change one day, sooner or later.
Yes, in the longer run we shall probably be able to change the deeply ingrained attitudes & values, but I'm still pessimistic about the route-map. Yes I too love this maddening country of ours - the only one I know where, despite the mind-boggling isues at stake, we still have a thriving, healthy and lively free press! But I still believe in my grandfather's dictum - "Uttam madhyam latthaoo shadham". Roughly translated it would mean "Don't spare the rod and spoil the child". Netas are not children, sure, but I think you get my point.

And to get back to the main issue - yes, this debate must not be allowed to die down, something which the automotive lobby and the powers that be, are both fervently hoping & praying for.

Last edited by shashanka : 19th May 2016 at 08:35.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote