Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2014, 21:20   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Really underwhelmed to read that the new Yeti still lacks the automatic option. Such a nice package would have been greatly helped by availability of an auto option.
Where did you read it? The new Yeti is still not out yet(in India), and the variant displayed in Auto Expo 2014, the one we are discussing here has DSG(Automatic) gearbox.
Old 11th February 2014, 21:33   #32
BHPian

I based my observation on the below article from Skoda India's website.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/Pag...Expo-2014.aspx

Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014-skoda_yeti_2014.jpg
Old 12th February 2014, 23:59   #33
BHPian

What will be the New Yeti pricing? Less or more than Octavia?
Old 13th February 2014, 13:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Attachment 1202548

Attachment 1202554
Rapid is the only Skoda left in India to use their older design language. Expect an update soon.

Attachment 1202555
Did you see the lovely "ALL BLACK" special edition Rapid in the stall? looked stunning. The kit is available at the dealer as a aftermarket includes
1. Gloss black Gunmetal Alloys
2. Gloss black (chrome less) grill
3. Gunmetal OVRMs
4. black Headlamps with projectors

if yes, hope fully you have a picture of the same
Old 13th February 2014, 13:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Did you see the lovely "ALL BLACK" special edition Rapid in the stall? looked stunning. The kit is available at the dealer as a aftermarket includes
3. Gunmetal OVRMs

No! We did not. They added these decked up Rapid and Octavia the day after the media day. We had already covered Skoda so didn't go back on Day2.

On Day 1 they had a bone stock Octy and bone stock Rapid.
Old 13th February 2014, 14:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
3. Gunmetal OVRMs

Hi newtonMeter,
Did you take a pic of the special edition Rapid? If so can you please post the pic here? As a prospective Rapid customer would love to have a look.
Old 13th February 2014, 14:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi newtonMeter,
Did you take a pic of the special edition Rapid? If so can you please post the pic here? As a prospective Rapid customer would love to have a look.
Yes,

Here on their site. Trust me the kit looks awesome in real life Payback time for step treatment to VW:(
Pic 1

Pic 2
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:

3. Gunmetal OVRMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi newtonMeter,

I guess you are referring to this.
Attached Images

satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,

Here on their site. Trust me the kit looks awesome in real life Payback time for step treatment to VW:(
Pic 1

Pic 2
Wow. These look smashing . The projectors, fogs and Grille is similar to the Monte Carlo ones sold online (SuperSkoda) or may be they are the same which is being offered now at dealer level as add on.
We also have a Rapid in our own forum which was modified in a spectacular fashion. The kit was imported from Czech Republic by the member.

The one from our own forum

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 13th February 2014 at 15:30.
Old 14th February 2014, 13:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting them to display a new small car as well this time , clearly we might in a for a wait on that. The Yeti is a fantastic car and continues to look good.

In addition to the Black edition rapid , there is an image which Anshuman had posted of a rapid as well which appears to have projectors too - attached below for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014-dsc_3773.jpg  

Old 14th February 2014, 14:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
In addition to the Black edition rapid , there is an image which Anshuman had posted of a rapid as well which appears to have projectors too - attached below for reference.
Yeah that is true. The Elegance trim of MY14 Rapid comes with Projectors. There are few more features added as well like steering mounted controls, long eluding USB port, bluetooth and a new 3 spoke steering. Refer the below ownership thread for details. The owner says that the lighting has increased fairly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html (Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home)

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 14th February 2014 at 15:17.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 15:27   #42
BHPian

No news on the new Octavia vRS? was that not supposed to be shown at the Auto Expo as well? I thought I had read somewhere that it was to come. :(
Old 19th February 2014, 17:38   #43

The 2014 Yeti looks absolutely stunning. My current Yeti is over 3 years old and I was scanning the market for a capable 4x4 with DSG. Several other SUVs, including the Santa Fe and too big for my comfort and 90% city driving needs. Moreover the plastics and quality one is used to in the Yeti are just not there even in 30 lakh plus cars.

I may actually just wait for the Yeti DSG and probably be the first one to replace my current Yeti 4x4 with another one! Just hoping in comes soon and with equipment like Cruise Control, Sun Roof and DSG.
Old 19th February 2014, 19:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
No news on the new Octavia vRS? was that not supposed to be shown at the Auto Expo as well? I thought I had read somewhere that it was to come. :(
I was disappointed not to see the vRS as well. A vRS TDI (with multi-link suspension to the rear) along with the 2.0 TFSI would have been awesome (not that 1.8 TSI is bad :-) )
Old 24th June 2014, 08:17   #45
BANNED

Default Skoda India readying new Yeti - Pics

Skoda's new Yeti has been in the news for sometime now. Several pics of it have emerged and displays have been shown at auto shows.

Now, we have pics of the new Yeti being tested by Skoda India.

Leading the list of changes is the revamped car's frontal styling that now conforms to Skoda's new corporate look. There's a wider grille, more angular headlights (the round fog lamps are gone) and a different front bumper too. The distinctive glasshouse, however, has not been changed. A mildly revised tail gate and lights complete the makeover.

In other markets, the Yeti is available with a keyless entry and go system, an electrically adjustable driver's seat, cruise control and rear view camera. Some of these features could make it to the Indian car as well. Changes to the cabin will be limited to a new three-spoke steering wheel and colours for the plastics.

Skoda will continue to offer the Yeti with a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel in two states of tune. There will be a 108bhp, front-wheel drive version that will sell alongside the more powerful (and expensive) all-wheel-drive 138bhp Yeti. Both engines will be available only with manual gearboxes. There will be no dual-clutch gearbox on the revamped Yeti either. Interestingly, Skoda is looking at the possibility of launching the Yeti with a 1.4-litre TSI turbo-petrol motor in the future.

The new Yeti is expected to cost 7-8 percent more than the current version which would bring it to around Rs 15.5-19 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: ACI
Attached Images

VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread