Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th February 2014, 08:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014

Just read news reports today in The Hindu , Harman Kardon, apart from audio equipment for TATA Motors, is supposedly going to provide audio to Fiat for the Punto & Linea too.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5681532.ece
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 14:26   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
I saw an ad 3-4 days back in the Times of India Bangalore for discounts on a "2014 Linea"

There was also mention of a 5-year warranty, free reverse-parking or GPS, free insurance etc.

I'm not sure if this is for the yet-to-be-launched model or the older 2013 stock.

Anyone know if the speakers have been given an upgrade in the new Linea? I was pleasantly surprised to see the HU upgrade, but no news on the speakers and the ones on the present model suck IMHO.
The offer is for current models.
No speaker upgrade only HU. But there will be different set of speakers in 2014 facelift.

Good to see enough distance between the Clutch and brake pedals (y)

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th February 2014 at 14:55. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
mchanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 22:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

No confirmation on 1.6 Multijet. No firm news of the Abarth Punto. No news of a car slotting in below the existing Punto.

All in all, I am feeling quite let down by FIAT right now.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 13:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

Finally the gang arrives!!

I like the lower front part of the new Linea , the additional chrome and lines do offer a certain "sharpness" to the design which looks fresh , but the top reminds me of the older Verna than anything else

http://www.gingerchai.com/wp-content.../Old-Verna.jpg

The turn indicators being integrated into the ORM is nice , and the best part is that , i am assuming , these should be able to be placed on the older Lineas as well. So hopefully i can get them installed on my T-Jet , removed the existing indicators and put T-Jet badges there , not sure how much this would be cost but an option to "upgrade" a bit

I like the additional T-Jet badging as well , older turbine style alloy design preferred personally.

The spoiler has always been available as an accessory so nothing new there for me , the chrome strip on the back and bit too much for a design which is more appealing in a "traditional" sense .

Coming to the interiors , split opinions. Positive would be the Aux input and the air control volume but i am not really sure whether i like the center console or not , its appears to be 2 different designs trying to blend into 1 and i am not entirely sure if its been pulled off. But good news for anyone who finds the existing console as outdated , there is definitely a more "modern" appeal to it.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 13:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

Though I am disappointed that they have not declared the 1.6 MJD, the Avventura seems exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
I saw an ad 3-4 days back in the Times of India Bangalore for discounts on a "2014 Linea"

There was also mention of a 5-year warranty, free reverse-parking or GPS, free insurance etc.
I believe that its on the pre-facelift version (even can be 2014 manufactured) discounts mostly to clear the stocks. Expect more when the launch date of the facelifted one is declared.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 14:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yep , absolutely correct, it will be including 2014 , after all they are still selling them and they have had 1.5 months in this year in terms of production runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I believe that its on the pre-facelift version (even can be 2014 manufactured) discounts mostly to clear the stocks. Expect more when the launch date of the facelifted one is declared.
Old 14th February 2014, 18:54   #82
BHPian

Fiat India has confirmed that the newly unveiled 2014 Fiat Linea will be launched in March. And this is the reason they have announced a discounts on current pre-facelift version we are discussing here.

And interestingly, the second launch is likely to be the Abarth 500 (local assembly) around July followed by Avventura towards October.

source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/2...n-march-120443
vijayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 19:26   #83
BHPian

2014 mfd cars - pre facelift - might not be a bad deal at all - spare parts will be available as they are shared with the Linea classic - engines, transmission parts etc will be the same for pre & post facelift

What do you guys think ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 21:30   #84
BHPian

Can anyone provide me with a realistic price estimate for the 500 Abarth? Im in the market for a small car with a sub 20L budget.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 00:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
2014 mfd cars - pre facelift - might not be a bad deal at all - spare parts will be available as they are shared with the Linea classic - engines, transmission parts etc will be the same for pre & post facelift

What do you guys think ?
This is a nice time to buy a fiat. Esp 2014 mfd. , discounts apart the vehicle is built like a tank and parts are very easily available now & spares are reasonable enough. The 2014 Auto Expo has really brought a smile on my face due to fiat stable, they are here to stay, to offer and their vehicles are all about feeling alive and taking control.
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 05:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Can anyone provide me with a realistic price estimate for the 500 Abarth? Im in the market for a small car with a sub 20L budget.
You will have to go to any of the European websites, find out the price there, and then convert it into rupees. Once that is done, multiply that figure by 2, and yes, please add 16% to that as tax, registration and insurance charges
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 08:11   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
The 500 was 15 L ex-showroom when it was launched in 2008 here. I would expect the Abarth version to touch 20 L. Car prices have been moving north very fast.

Also, please don't forget the gorgeous A class.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 09:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The A is a no-fun-to-drive-class car buttt hey, it has the star that comes standard...
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 11:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

I agree , one could get a really good deal and these cars will share parts as mentioned with the new Linea so no problem there , there are already discounts available and clearance discounts on top of that might make it very worthwhile ; especially also keeping in mind that while there are changes , the new one is not necessarily better across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post

What do you guys think ?
Old 15th February 2014, 15:45   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The 500 was 15 L ex-showroom when it was launched in 2008 here. I would expect the Abarth version to touch 20 L. Car prices have been moving north very fast.

A supermini is what I need. Even the A feels big, and isnt as fun to drive as the abarth(going by the online reviews). I wish local assembly helps keep costs down for the 500.
ashwin1224 is offline   Reply With Quote