Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2015, 18:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh

Seems like with AWD-AT versions, push button start is also gone. Good that the one hour music mode will be back with those W10 versions!

Me thinks if they would have introduced AT in lower variants as well, it would be even better deal.
Old 25th November 2015, 18:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Seems like with AWD-AT versions, push button start is also gone. Good that the one hour music mode will be back with those W10 versions!

Me thinks if they would have introduced AT in lower variants as well, it would be even better deal.
I too can sacrifice the push button start in place of one hour mode,

Would have surely opted for the automatic if it was launched at day 1 with the New Age. Still no regrets since i don't plan to keep the car for more than a year or so.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 18:11   #93
BHPian

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...w/49919129.cms
Old 25th November 2015, 18:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

On the exterior, the AT models come with an "automatic" badge under the variant badge. On the feature front, the automatic variants get the same features as their manual counterparts, but the W10 FWD AT / W10 AWD AT drop the smart alternator (brake energy regeneration), push button start/stop and passive keyless entry, while none of the AT variants get the engine start/stop (micro-hybrid) function.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2015 at 20:27.
Old 25th November 2015, 19:37   #95
BHPian

Great news from Mahindra.The XUV now would become a much much more nicer car to drive. The real time fuel efficiency in both start stop and highway runs needs to be seen. Hope it dosent drop too much.

Nice of Mahindra to lauch the AT in both FWD and AWD at the same time. But, am quite surprised that the AWD AT is in the w10 and not on the w8. A W8 AWD would have made it slightly more affordable and like someone posted, AT in all trim levels would be a killer in the market.

Now, waiting for a detailed TD by team bhp of the AT version. It would be interesting to see what the brakes feel on the AT as opposed to the manual. Would seriousy like to see the w8 AWD AT and the w6 AT. Definitely, setting a cat among the pigeons.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 19:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Ever since the news started yesterday about a new product announcement today for XUV 500, everyone was speculating that it would be for AT XUV 500 and I was wishing the news to be true. And yes it is.

Congrats to Mahindra to launch AT in XUV in three variants, wow, thats a good move. I am guessing seeing the response of AMT in the TUV 300 made Mahindra realize the need for AT boxes in their models and this caused them to bring AT in XUV so soon.

I had been planning to buy Scorpio AT next year, now XUV is also getting me interested. Whats next ? Innova AT ?
Old 25th November 2015, 20:51   #97
BHPian

Makes it more appealing. A traditional torque converter or not, that is not the question. The main thing is the next SUV with AT is 10 L more! This has always been the sweet spot that that the XUV occupied, with its launch <10L than the Fortuner and now with the AT does the same. The missing opportunity is the Storme with an AT (not sure why should you wait for the HEXA to get the AT). But for those considering between the XUV and the Storme, the balance tilts towards the XUV. I have consider the XUV several times and each time I drive the regular one the very heavy left leg activity put me off. The consistency and Q of the Mahindra are more or less sorted out. The lesser the tech in the Mahindra the better, meaning a DCT/DSG like AT in this and I would be very suspicious. AMT would have made it less aspirational. Somehow, ahead of the new launches in 2016, XUV has a head start. It appeals to the head (15 L for a SUV + AT) and also to the heart (for many). Waiting for the TD report, guys!
man_and_machine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:03   #98
BHPian

I am happy that they got a Torque converter for the XUV, an sedan with an DSG is fine, AMT is for economy cars, but for a 4X4 the thrust due to torque multiplication when we stab the throttle at standstill is great.
Aisin boxes are also effecient, as they have a wet clutch to lockup the converter (similar to Hyundai 6 speed trannies).
I guess the removal of the regenerative alternator and micro hybrid start stop has reduced the quoted effeciency marginaly.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:06   #99
BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Looks like the Start Stop button has been omitted in the W10 Automatic
Good move by Mahindra to launch the AT.

Following features has been omitted from W10 AT,
1. Push button start/stop
2. Passive Key less entry
3. Brake Energy Regeneration
mp417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:09   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I am wondering how all other AT car manufacturers are getting similar FE when compared to their MT cars - WHILE Mahindra seems to have lost big on the FE front! A drop from 16+ to 14- kmpl is BIG!

Just wondering - have they set the unit to operate at unnecessarily high power or torque or rpm? If yes, then why do they still need a M-mode?
That, or maybe, just maybe, they are simply being "honest" about the true mileage. IMO they should get kudos for it, not brickbats
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Good move by Mahindra to launch the AT.

Following features has been omitted from W10 AT,
1. Push button start/stop
2. Passive Key less entry
3. Brake Energy Regeneration

1st and the 3rd are okay to be omitted, But i love the passive key less entry system, Specially when you have stuff in your hands and the keys are in your pocket, Its very useful, I wonder why would Mahindra delete that as well.
Old 25th November 2015, 21:31   #102

Is it just me or did Mahindra actually miss a plot by not equipping the W8 AWD with the Auto tranny ?
IMHO W8 AWD is a excellent VFM for someone who cannot stretch the budget all the way and equipping this with AT would surely have seen some good numbers.

Regards,
Arvind
Old 25th November 2015, 21:39   #103
BHPian

They have removed these features which according to me are not deal breakers. They must have some sort of data/numbers/research to get to this conclusion.
Basically It also looks like a move to keep the price difference between a manual and an A/T in check. After all these features aren't very inexpensive.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:02   #104
BHPian

Finally something that Mahindra should have done when they launched the XUV5OO. Nevertheless it doesn't seem too late since the market barely has any options in that segment barring the Creta. Boy that W10 AWD AT almost feels like the perfect car in many ways. Pricing seems good especially when compared to the S-Cross and Creta. It also helps that the real competition to this vehicle, Storme and Aria, don't have the AT versions on the horizon. Hexa perhaps might just be the saving grace. More power to Mahindra for equipping the TUX3OO, Scorpio and then this with an AT box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Good that the one hour music mode will be back with those W10 versions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
place of one hour mode
Pardon my ignorance but what is this one hour music mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with voice commands, static bending lamps, projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights, MicroHybrid (Start-Stop technology), Tyre-Tronics, automatic headlamps and wipers, front, side and curtain airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, Hill Hold and Hill Descent Control, alloy wheels, foglamps, automatic climate control, and electrically foldable and adjustable wing mirrors along with the XUV500 automatic.
Barring the push button start whose absence is absolutely liveable I don't think I have any other feature which I would want (not even need). Makes the AT feel extremely well specced and well priced.

I dare say this might just hurt the Elantras, Jettas and the Octavias in addition to the terribly overpriced Creta AT. Who knows Hyundai may now introduce the Creta SX (O) and also AT on the lower variants or a petrol AT perhaps. May also force TATA to wake up from their slumber and offer AT versions on the Storme and Hexa! Good times ahead for the AT loving junta! This car is definitely on my wishlist now!

Despite the delay, well done Mahindra!
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
They have removed these features which according to me are not deal breakers. They must have some sort of data/numbers/research to get to this conclusion.
Basically It also looks like a move to keep the price difference between a manual and an A/T in check. After all these features aren't very inexpensive.

Certainly not deal breaker, But most of the buyers don't even know whats break regeneration, And i don't think anyone would have a problem twisting the fingers and starting the car instead of pushing a button.
The gap between the manual and AT is still a lakh though.
Closed Thread