Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 17:38   #61
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 349
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Not sure if I missed this somewhere but does anyone have reliable information on launch date in India? Thanks
All websites and magazines keep saying 2017 but what ive heard yesterday is that it may come in 2018 only. Which is a bummer. The CKD kits for the CRV come from Thailand so being limited supply they will have to launch it in 2017 or temporarily discontinue it from India if they dont launch it in 2017.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 21:39   #62
BHPian
 
geotracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 345
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

The new Honda CR-V pictures look really nice. This CR-V top end diesel could cost close to INR 40L on the road, my guess.

Any further updates when will this new CR-V, 7 seater will be launched in India? Honda has really delayed launches of 'good' international products (e.g. new CR-V, HR-V [Vizel] etc.) in India for very long.
geotracks is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 14:06   #63
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 349
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
The new Honda CR-V pictures look really nice. This CR-V top end diesel could cost close to INR 40L on the road, my guess.

Any further updates when will this new CR-V, 7 seater will be launched in India? Honda has really delayed launches of 'good' international products (e.g. new CR-V, HR-V [Vizel] etc.) in India for very long.
Recently somebody told me thats its coming in 2018 end. Thats a huge bummer it just goes to show that theyre in a huge deep slumber stage and need to be woken up.
M00M is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 20:33   #64
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: // My Lane \\
Posts: 194
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This is the India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V 7-seater version, powered by a 1.6L turbo-charged diesel engine.
That said, an interesting point to note is that this would be perhaps the first diesel Honda mated to an automatic transmission in Indian market. Thanks.
Nohonking is offline  
Old 16th June 2017, 21:17   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: On the X-Lanes
Posts: 5,863
Thanked: 32,856 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Old (2015) vs new (2017), courtesy Paul Tan's Blog.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 15:31   #66
BHPian
 
Ferruccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 114
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Would you go for the Skoda Kodiaq now or rather wait for the Honda CR-V Diesel? Any thoughts?
Ferruccio is offline  
Old 27th September 2017, 18:24   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,029
Thanked: 2,657 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Would you go for the Skoda Kodiaq now or rather wait for the Honda CR-V Diesel? Any thoughts?
I am sure the Kodiaq will have the VW handling genes, but for peace of mind I would go with new Honda CR-V Diesel anyday.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 18:35   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 1,210 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Old (2015) vs new (2017), courtesy Paul Tan's Blog.
Wow - hard to find the differences & harder to decide which looks better! The rear certainly looks like an inflated WR-V!! Good work in keeping the small pseudo SUV's styling in like with the larger brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Would you go for the Skoda Kodiaq now or rather wait for the Honda CR-V Diesel? Any thoughts?
Kodiaq or Tiguan any day for the same price. If the CR-V is going to cost anything over 35L OTR, makes no sense to go east rather than west. Especially with diesel engines!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:02   #69
BHPian
 
Aaron:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bombay
Posts: 256
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Kodiaq or Tiguan any day for the same price. If the CR-V is going to cost anything over 35L OTR, makes no sense to go east rather than west. Especially with diesel engines!
The CR-V has two aces up it's sleeve this time -
1. ~160bhp vs Tiguan's 140
2. 7 seats vs Tiguan's 5

That said, Honda must wait to see how the market reacts to the Kodiaq and price it accordingly.

Hyundai Tucson : 21-28 lakhs
VW Tiguan : 31-35 lakhs

Toyota Fortuner : 29-35 lakhs
Ford Endeavour : 28-38 lakhs

A pricing of 25 - 32 lakhs will slot it neatly in between the Tucson and Tiguan, and undercutting the Fortuner/Endeavour.

Honda must not get overconfident and try to take the Fortuner and Endeavour head on in terms of pricing. The former cars are well established players whereas the CR-V has been missing in action for a while now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the CR-V is a potential blockbuster if they play their cards right.

Why they are dragging their feet, I don't know.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 27th September 2017 at 20:04.
Aaron:) is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:31   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 555
Thanked: 1,139 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

The big question mark is quality. Quality of both the overall product and the engine in particular. Honda's extreme and shameless cost cutting has eroded a lot of it's brand equity. The company's image today is a shadow of what it was 10 years ago. They'll have to dial back the clock and come up with a product that is properly engineered, made from quality components and build to exacting standards. This is something they do not seem capable of doing today.

The 1.5 iDTEC, let's face it, sucks. My diesel City is closing in on the 80k km mark and there is no doubt about it, this is the worst engine I have ever owned. The 6 speed MT is pretty bad too. They must fix the motor nice and proper, otherwise it will be slaughtered by the 2.0s from Jeep, Hyundai and VW/Skoda. The Germans are anyway just a simple remap way from 175bhp. The premium customer demands a genuinely premium product. One that claims to be so but actually is a cut-price compromise will just not work.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 27th September 2017 at 20:52.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 18:55   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 1,210 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

I honestly feel Honda should stop playing with the idea of trying to make CR-V a success. Somehow with the image that they have created of themselves over last 5 years, nobody is going to shell out 30+ L for a car when similar money can get a German or American one.

Like Hyundai learnt and accepted that their SantaFe will not find buyers, Honda should; with the CR-V. The brand in India simply does not command the premium yet.
Reinhard is offline  
Old 28th September 2017, 19:26   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,104
Thanked: 2,143 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post

Honda must not get overconfident and try to take the Fortuner and Endeavour head on in terms of pricing. The former cars are well established players whereas the CR-V has been missing in action for a while now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the CR-V is a potential blockbuster if they play their cards right.

Why they are dragging their feet, I don't know.
I have a strong feeling, they will take on the Fortuner and Endeavour, head on.
And logically, why not? It has the horse power, 7 seats, features etc.

What it lacks though is, Off road ability & Street Cred/Presence, which the Big Ford and Fortuner have in spades. This will be the primary reason, why it will never be as successful as the above two.

Edit: Didn't realize that CR-V is going to use the 1.6 Diesel. If that is really the case, then it will face a really tough time ahead.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 28th September 2017 at 19:39.
abhishek46 is offline  
Old 28th September 2017, 19:48   #73
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 727
Thanked: 2,255 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The premium customer demands a genuinely premium product..
The CR-V has always been that. Never did Honda show any signs of cost cutting in it. Yes, it lacked few features but that's got to do with what variant the car was imported from Thailand.

This time, I expect it to be feature packed. While some Radar Based Functions won't be there for obvious reasons. It will also be assembled. Let's wait and watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I honestly feel Honda should stop playing with the idea of trying to make CR-V a success. Somehow with the image that they have created of themselves over last 5 years, nobody is going to shell out 30+ L for a car when similar money can get a German or American one.

Like Hyundai learnt and accepted that their SantaFe will not find buyers, Honda should; with the CR-V. The brand in India simply does not command the premium yet.
Partly agree with you, Honda will not be aiming at X1 or GLA or Q3 because they know that at that price they don't have chance no matter how good the car may be.

What they may do however is position it in such a way that it does everything what that type of consumer needs and at a good price. That should help it. If Honda doesn't do that, I won't be worried. Honda will be blaming themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I have a strong feeling, they will take on the Fortuner and Endeavour, head on.
And logically, why not? It has the horse power, 7 seats, features etc.

What it lacks though is, Off road ability & Street Cred/Presence, which the Big Ford and Fortuner have in spades. This will be the primary reason, why it will never be as successful as the above two.
Endeavour & Fortuner ? My friend, those are completely different cars. What they do cannot be done by CR-V and vice versa.

Even though it has horses & features, the end user will be of 2 types

1. Tarmac Purpose
2. Limited Off Road & Tarmac

1 is where the CR-V does really well
2 is where Endeavour & Fortuner are best at.

If one is cornering like a cheetah, he'll definitely be in CR-V. While if someone is climbing like Bear, the 2 Ladder on Frame SUV's will be the one in action.

If someone isn't bothered about offroading, but wants a Premium Looking, Spacious and Polished car without compromising on FE, he'll definitely look at CR-V. Though this won't happen if Honda prices it above the 2 Pure Off- roaders.

I meant to say that CR-V has chance and will appeal to Soft users. Hence I see it being a success only if Honda play their cards right.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 28th September 2017 at 20:02. Reason: Of = If
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 20:02   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,104
Thanked: 2,143 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Endeavour & Fortuner ? My friend, those are completely different cars. What they do cannot be done by CR-V and vice versa.

Even though it has horses & features, the end user will be of 2 types

1. Tarmac Purpose
2. Limited Off Road & Tarmac

1 is where the CR-V does really well
2 is where Endeavour & Fortuner are best at.

If one is cornering like a cheetah, he'll definitely be in CR-V. While if someone is climbing like Bear, the 2 Ladder on Frame SUV's will be the one in action.

If someone isn't bothered about offroading, but wants a Premium Looking, Spacious and Polished car without compromising on FE, he'll definitely look at CR-V. Though this won't happen if Honda prices it above the 2 Pure Off- roaders.

I meant to say that CR-V has chance of priced well and will appeal to Soft users. Hence I see it being a success only if Honda play their cards right.
Very good points, my friend.
However, many buyers are simply not aware/don't care, which is good for which terrain etc.
Probably, that is a reason, why the SantaFe failed as well.

Lastly, many buyers will surely have reservations, in putting down big money for a 1.6 liter diesel.
abhishek46 is offline  
Old 30th October 2017, 08:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 11,176
Thanked: 19,366 Times
Default Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Honda CR-V gets top rating in ANCAP crash test.

The tested model of Honda CR-V was introduced in Australia and New Zealand in July 2017. This ANCAP safety rating is based on crash tests conducted by ANCAP and ASEAN NCAP and applies to all CR-V variants (2WD and 4WD; 5 seat and 7 seat models).

Dual frontal, side chest and side head-protecting (curtain) airbags are
standard. Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and lane support
systems (LSS) are available on some variants.


Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-11.jpg
volkman10 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rolls Royce Dawn imported in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.25 crore dZired Super-Cars & Imports in India 6 6th April 2018 21:57
Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now bullock-Car The Indian Car Scene 469 24th November 2015 18:38
Safari Common Rail Engine Launch? EDIT 010805 Now driven. Edit 190805 Now BOUGHT!!! Steeroid The Indian Car Scene 277 13th July 2009 23:14
Honda "Civic Hybrid" coming. EDIT : Now launched @ 21.50 lakhs amit The Indian Car Scene 149 30th September 2008 22:52
EDIT: NOW LAUNCHED :Coming up next : Fusion 1.4 Diesel at 6.49 lacs ex-showroom Delhi navdeep The Indian Car Scene 224 10th October 2007 19:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks