Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 13:26   #46
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Whatever they do to the Aria in terms of extra features will not help. The only thing that will make an Indian customer even consider it is a substantial price difference compared to the Innova.

Cmon TATA, get a few customers in the showroom using this tactic and let the product speak for itself. Until people don't start seeing them on the road they will be hesitant to buy.
manishk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 16:11   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

I do not mean products by Tata are incompetent - but I seriously wonder what is wrong in getting someone's strategies right? When you have a huge infrastructure, you are not cash starved and you have industry masterminds at your disposal - then why not point and shoot the issues which stops you from being a top player?

A nano with PS (Twist)
Indigo CS with Blackened Headlamps
Aria with 10 bhp extra (mind it - @15L on road range)
And with these products Tata is trying to compete in a market full of New City,Ventos, XUV500s, Polos, Vernas.
Though I personally like Safari Storme, Aria and Manza - I have stopped suggesting people to buy them. Reason - they stare as if they are doubting my fidelity towards them :(

I personally would say these measures to get the company on track are analogous to using Cough Syrups to treat Cancer!

I wonder who is stopping them to :
1. Strictly instruct the Dealers to rectify their attitude. Review them annually and take strict measures if any complains are found to be genuine.
2. Spend cash on Enhanced Warrenty and Product Coverage rather than on (nonsense?) Ads showing Nano Twist dancing on Walls, or Indigo CS doing a Porchse in Office backyard!
3. Be sure what their products "wanna be" - Sports/Comfort/Premium/Utility. I would not want to rub shoulders with Indicab owners while taking my Leather Seat/ Satnav Storme to get serviced! Learn from Bajaj - their 200+ cc bikes get serviced with KTM Dukes in a different class of Service Stations (Probiking) altogether - with AC lounge!
4. How long/much it takes to develop a new Tranny to absorb what the VTT2.2 has to offer? It is all about passion. Drive towards excellence. These all attributes,sadly,are on downfall with Tata Motors!


~Zinda
Zinda is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 21:46   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Guys,
The 2014 TATA ARIA website has been updated. All new features have been incorporated and the prices are updated too. I have been watching this site for few days, and today saw the changes in the site.

http://www.tataaria.com

Prices Revealed:

Ex-Delhi
ARIA Pure LX 4X2 BS IV : Rs 995006
ARIA Pleasure 4X2 BS IV : Rs 1200010
ARIA Pride 4X4 BS IV : Rs 1474002

Prices listed on their website

They have made comparison for Aria with the Innova in their website itself

Last edited by undead : 6th March 2014 at 22:14.
undead is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 22:08   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Some pictures of the updates
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-1.png
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-2.png
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-3.png
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-4.png
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-5.png
undead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 22:24   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Reliability more? Whichever marketing maven put that in there as their point of comparison deserves to be put before a firing squad several times over. They're having a laugh!
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 23:53   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Reliability more? Whichever marketing maven put that in there as their point of comparison deserves to be put before a firing squad several times over. They're having a laugh!
That's not a point of comparison. It is one of the things that is supposed to be better than that in the previous Aria. That's why Reliability More, as in the new Aria is more reliable now.

On a side note, I do find this urge to fire people at Tata Motors, and it is shared by several people here on the forum, quite amusing.
safari_lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 00:07   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,025
Thanked: 1,625 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

hmph They haven't provided the variant-wise feature list in the website.

Their sales pitch is flawed. They should've addressed the reliability aspect with something special like warranty for a longer period of time and over more kms. And an Aria-specific customer care service like before. At best, they've merely mentioned that there's 'advanced technology' for better clutch life and a new timing belt. Which consumer will understand the usefulness of either?

HOW HARD is it to understand that the Innova customer doesn't have a dearth of funds? INNOVA's are selling for ONE reason, and that's peace of mind ownership & maintenance experience. Couldn't TATA formulate a maintenance strategy to compete against Toyota? Honestly, IMO this was their last chance to redeem themselves.

Patience withers off over time, and even as a TATA fan, I feel sad to say that I don't care anymore. If they were actually going to try selling the Aria at a war footing, it would've shown.


I guess Toyota will continue to get away with the supremely overpriced Innova, a stupid van that needs servicing every 5k kms, feels tinny, has NO features and growls to even maintain 100kmph at 2700RPM.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 7th March 2014 at 00:26.
GrammarNazi is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 01:13   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,812
Thanked: 9,141 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

So the Aria has not created a favourable initial impression in the minds of the Indian buyers and the niggles and the poor customer service redressals has only worsened its image in our minds. However, when people talk about TATA's marketing (especially advertising and branding) team, I think they are doing an extremely good job to pull customers towards its products/ create a buzz, by coming up with innovative ideas and attractive ad campaigns. IMO The concept of a cross over and an SUV was undoubtedly a unique (and dare I say - brilliant) way to position/ differentiate what we perceive as a boring MUV. However, due to lack of similar vehicles/ crossovers at that time, the obvious comparison was and still is with the king of the market - Toyota Innova. Had the Aria proved to be more reliable than what it was, the story would have been totally different but unfortunately it did not happen so.

The thread title did seem a bit misleading as the first thing I thought to myself was - what next? Are they going to create a concept of a cross between a truck and a sports car? But no. From undead's post, it is quite evident that they are genuinely trying. It is always going to be difficult to change the first impression and will definitely take time but I do applaud the guys at TATA for taking efforts to emphasise on the car being more reliable. It is like they are admitting their mistake and asking for one more chance. Should the buyers give them a chance is for TATA to decide on how desperately they want the car to sell and accordingly how aggressively they promote the Aria this time around.

Was in my friend's Aria the other day and the car did seem a lot more silent than the Innova's I've been in. It also seemed to be more spacious and have a better build quality (in terms of heaviness and the thud sound of the doors). I was actually impressed with the car.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 09:26   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 917 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
....with something special like warranty for a longer period of time and over more kms....
3 years/1L kms is a great standard warranty coverage in itself. I don't think anyone else offers that much.

Quote:
Couldn't TATA formulate a maintenance strategy to compete against Toyota?
One thing that they can consider for Aria owners is a complimentary Gold AMC. I'm sure they can afford a freebie like that for a Rs.12L-15L vehicle.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 7th March 2014 at 09:32.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 09:55   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Aria was a super competent vehicle even at the time it was launched. The marketing dept and sales dept had let it down badly. I would say it's great VFM compared to Innova. Hope they do well this time around. I'm sure if M&M had this product , they would've set the sales chart on fire.
classact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:10   #56
M35
BHPian
 
M35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: KL 9
Posts: 601
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
3 years/1L kms is a great standard warranty coverage in itself. I don't think anyone else offers that much.
I thought there are a few more around with a similar warranty period.

Tata Sumo – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Grande – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Storme – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Aria – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Pajero Sport - 3-years/1,00,000 kms
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:11   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Excellent spec for Aria and the top-end features are majestic. Since, my Tata Safari is only 3.5 years old, If I had to upgrade now Aria is the best contender. I have driven Aria for few 100 Kms and I was stunned by the features that it is offering.

Somebody commenting here about Reliability. What do you mean by Reliability? Could you please explain. I have measured India's length and breadth in my Tata Safari and never had any Reliability issues. This is first hand experience and not updating here on somebody's else talks. Again, I am going trip to North side of India in another 1 and half month (Total 6000 Kms). I would not have planned this long if Tata is not reliable. Mostly, who comments about Reliability in forums are Non-Tata owners. Even, Airbus & Boeing fails many times in mid-air as we hear about these two as super reliable.
anujmishra is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:30   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
So the Aria has not created a favourable initial impression in the minds of the Indian buyers and the niggles and the poor customer service redressals has only worsened its image in our minds. However, when people talk about TATA's marketing (especially advertising and branding) team, I think they are doing an extremely good job to pull customers towards its products/ create a buzz, by coming up with innovative ideas and attractive ad campaigns. IMO The concept of a cross over and an SUV was undoubtedly a unique (and dare I say - brilliant) way to position/ differentiate what we perceive as a boring MUV. However, due to lack of similar vehicles/ crossovers at that time, the obvious comparison was and still is with the king of the market - Toyota Innova. Had the Aria proved to be more reliable than what it was, the story would have been totally different but unfortunately it did not happen so.

The thread title did seem a bit misleading as the first thing I thought to myself was - what next? Are they going to create a concept of a cross between a truck and a sports car? But no. From undead's post, it is quite evident that they are genuinely trying. It is always going to be difficult to change the first impression and will definitely take time but I do applaud the guys at TATA for taking efforts to emphasise on the car being more reliable. It is like they are admitting their mistake and asking for one more chance. Should the buyers give them a chance is for TATA to decide on how desperately they want the car to sell and accordingly how aggressively they promote the Aria this time around.

Was in my friend's Aria the other day and the car did seem a lot more silent than the Innova's I've been in. It also seemed to be more spacious and have a better build quality (in terms of heaviness and the thud sound of the doors). I was actually impressed with the car.
I kind of concur with S2 here. I have probably not seen many (or any) issues with the drive train of the Aria. Given the few numbers they sell, the problems get amplified. However, given the numbers that Innova sells, it is hard to accept there have been no reliability issues with Innova. It is just that the numbers are not as amplified.

Another point - given the skinny features of the Innova, there is hardly anything that could go wrong with this car (barring the drive train). Tata acknowledges its folly (probably complacency a few years back). If reliability was such an issue with Tata products, then why are there so many taxis on the streets all over the country. Most of them have clocked over a 100k kms. If a poor driver has been spending money on the upkeep of a tata product then why would so many buy it.

Yes i agree there are image issues but why cant we accept that there are more innova taxis than any other large cars on the street. Why is it that individual buyers are willing to share the space with so many innova taxis and when it comes to the tata, there is an image problem.

If the Aria were to shed the additional features it has over the Innova, i am sure it would be as reliable too. For once let us give credit to the organization and the product that they are genuinely trying make an effort to succeed (may be not entire the right way but they are).

For the records i currently own an Innova and it sure has taken good care of us(like we took care of it). But after i test drove the Aria/Safari, they seem to be in a different league - be it technology, comfort, features and NVH.

We are still ok to pay astronomical amounts for this horrendously priced car but are not for the Aria.

I would be test driving the new one shortly and if it retains all that i experienced earlier, i would most likely get one. I sincerely wish this company and its product succeeds.

P.S. No offence meant to anyone.
Shiwik is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:48   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 917 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I thought there are a few more around with a similar warranty period.

Tata Sumo – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Grande – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Storme – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Tata Aria – 3-years/1,00,000 kms
Pajero Sport - 3-years/1,00,000 kms
You're right. I meant from co's other than Tata, in that price range. Should have been more clear in my post.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 11:32   #60
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
You're right. I meant from co's other than Tata, in that price range. Should have been more clear in my post.

Cheers,
Vikram
Innova, Etios, Liva all come with 3 years/1 lakh Km warranty
Xylo, XUV also
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria bravo82in Modifications & Accessories 27 26th October 2013 18:33
Diesel Tuning Box for Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT 140 PS-BHP / 320 Nm by CHIP Express™ vivek.singh.73 Modifications & Accessories 27 26th April 2013 14:08
Fog lamps getting more & more powerful! rajeev k Street Experiences 30 28th March 2011 13:43
Skoda FSI Engine, More powerful Diesel engine, new VW/Audi Platform? rangaraj The Indian Car Scene 7 5th September 2005 11:24
more powerful lancer may be launched this year speedhunter The Indian Car Scene 25 13th April 2005 12:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:04.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks