Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:09   #106
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

The extended warranty is offered for 2 years max over the normal 2 years warranty so you can have a total of 2+2 years warranty. But if you plan to keep the car for a longer duration, like say 6-7 years, then its a bit risky business I think. and you wouldn't want to spend 1-1.5 lacs on a car thats costing 11 lacs which would be worth 4-5 lacs as it is after 4-5 years! If it was for octy/superb, then it is still understandable spending so much. Thats the only reason thats steering me away from the diesel DSG, even though would have prefered to have a AT in mumbai traffic.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:06   #107
BHPian
 
Desi Dybuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: KA 25
Posts: 136
Thanked: 227 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Can you give us some more details please? What car is it and how old?
It's not strictly a VW but a Skoda Yeti DSG (1.2 TSI). The transmission went kaput & my dad's friend is being given a terrible run-around by Skoda/VW. He has sworn off from Euro brands.

I really feel for him because he really likes cars & takes care of them like they are his babies. Never races, or abuses his vehicles. It's really sad to see a 60+ year old man being treated so badly by the company. He told me that even during the Ambassador/Padmini monopoly days, no one treated their customers so bad.
Desi Dybuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:28   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
It's not strictly a VW but a Skoda Yeti DSG (1.2 TSI). The transmission went kaput & my dad's friend is being given a terrible run-around by Skoda/VW. He has sworn off from Euro brands.
Ok, so its the 7-speed DSG. Just want to get a sense of how old the car is because the thinking is VAG has fixed the problem with the transmission oil change last year. And what country is this? Because the 1.2 TSI Yeti was never sold in India.
StarScream is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:54   #109
BHPian
 
Desi Dybuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: KA 25
Posts: 136
Thanked: 227 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Ok, so its the 7-speed DSG. Just want to get a sense of how old the car is because the thinking is VAG has fixed the problem with the transmission oil change last year. And what country is this? Because the 1.2 TSI Yeti was never sold in India.
My apologies. I just called him & it's a 6-Speed MANUAL which has failed, not DSG.

Sorry for the misinformation. I'll go & stand in a corner.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:38   #110
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,032 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I'm anyways scared of the DSG transmissions going kaput out of warranty. The VW DSGs have an unusually high rate of failure. It's just that in India the consumers have no protection in the form of recalls that a company like VW can get away with it. A family friend's DSG failed recently & VW is, as usual, being evasive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
It's not strictly a VW but a Skoda Yeti DSG (1.2 TSI). The transmission went kaput & my dad's friend is being given a terrible run-around by Skoda/VW. He has sworn off from Euro brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
My apologies. I just called him & it's a 6-Speed MANUAL which has failed, not DSG.
:
So what made you say the DSG failed? Even the Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is not sold in India, infact there is no Skoda Yeti DSG sold in India.

A casual comment like this may influence someone's purchase decision. Vento Automatic is not even announced yet, lets just stop flogging the DSG & Skoda & VW in each and every thread. There are threads dedicated threads for discussion on this, please use them but Please get the facts and information correct.

Let's not forget that DSG is by far the most modern gearbox used for cars this side of 20 Lakh Rupees(even beyond the 20 Lakh rupee mark, its at par if not superior than the top gearboxes available at any price point).

Disclaimer: I am not talking about my Uncle's or Aunt's distant relative's car. I own a 2010 Skoda Laura TDI CR DSG, that's just 2 months away from being 4 years old, done 65000 Kms of absolutely trouble free ownership. I intend to keep it for a long period of time.

I even started this thread:DQ250 Failures (Skoda Superb DSG 7 Speed DQ200 failures- China gets official reaction, why not India?).
.anshuman is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:16   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Let's not forget that DSG is by far the most modern gearbox used for cars this side of 20 Lakh Rupees(even beyond the 20 Lakh rupee mark, its at par if not superior than the top gearboxes available at any price point).
Very true. This weekend I had to take my wife's Santro AT for washing and waxing and it felt agricultural, loud, whiny and unsophisticated compared to my Vento TSI. The DSG has spoiled me and I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to a torque converter or CVT automatic in the future.
StarScream is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 12:01   #112
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: Once
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Diesel DSG automatic spotted..

http://www.motoroids.com/news/spied-...matic-spotted/
ankur_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 12:44   #113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,975
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
Reminds me of the FIAT Palio with all that masking tape around!

I wonder how they concluded it is a DSG automatic and not just a 1.5 TDi + facelifted Vento test mule?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 12:47   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 426
Thanked: 330 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
Top gear facebook post says Vento Diesel DSG. I hope the reporter saw the DSG lever because the picture doesn't have any indication.

I really hope that they introduce it; that it is the 6 speed box and not the 7-speed and also that they price it sensibly
Mohan Mathew A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 14:07   #115
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 239
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
So what made you say the DSG failed? Even the Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is not sold in India, infact there is no Skoda Yeti DSG sold in India.

A casual comment like this may influence someone's purchase decision. Vento Automatic is not even announced yet, lets just stop flogging the DSG & Skoda & VW in each and every thread. There are threads dedicated threads for discussion on this, please use them but Please get the facts and information correct.

Let's not forget that DSG is by far the most modern gearbox used for cars this side of 20 Lakh Rupees(even beyond the 20 Lakh rupee mark, its at par if not superior than the top gearboxes available at any price point).

Disclaimer: I am not talking about my Uncle's or Aunt's distant relative's car. I own a 2010 Skoda Laura TDI CR DSG, that's just 2 months away from being 4 years old, done 65000 Kms of absolutely trouble free ownership. I intend to keep it for a long period of time.

I even started this thread:DQ250 Failures (Skoda Superb DSG 7 Speed DQ200 failures- China gets official reaction, why not India?).
+1 to that. it has become sort of an in-thing to bash VAG cars and the DSG tech. I believe some of it will be deserved, but not all. I can also vouch for the DSG. My Laura 2.0 TDI CR DSG is also coming to 4 years, and a significant 1,15,000 km. no problems whatsoever. Other than this car, we have another 3 Lauras with DSG in the family (one a 1.9 TDI and the others 2.0 TDI), and none have faced any gearbox issues till now.

In fact, I find the DSG so good, that I went ahead and bought another DSG, a GT TSI, and when time comes to replace the Laura, it will in all probability be a DSG Jetta (waiting for the new one to come out next year)
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 14:20   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Folks! The new face-lifted VW Vento has been spied testing in India.

Name:  10482475_10152372284806234_5533850730033215395_n.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  44.2 KB

Quote:
At first, this may look like a regular Vento with protective covers to prevent minor damages during dealer dispatch. However, the headlights of the car which are the same as that of the refreshed Polo give it away as a facelift. The dual-barrel headlights also get a darker tint.
Link: IAB

Thanks

PS: Please Mods merge the thread if needed.
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 14:54   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I really hope that they introduce it; that it is the 6 speed box and not the 7-speed and also that they price it sensibly
From what I've noticed across VAG brands is that the 7-speed dry clutch is mated to petrol engines (1.2-1.8 TSI), while the six-speed wet clutch is with diesel engines. It may have something to do with the DQ200s torque limitation of 25 NM.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:03   #118
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 21
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Well Well, no surprise here it seems, at least in the front face. It appears to be same as the new Polo? Maybe even the interiors will be aligned with the new Polo, steering wheel and all...?
Fiatanic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:23   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Re: Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Motoroids mentions this to be the diesel vento with DSG automatic transmission.

Link : Motoroids
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 16:07   #120
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,700
Thanked: 3,893 Times
Default re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I really hope that they introduce it; that it is the 6 speed box and not the 7-speed and also that they price it sensibly
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
From what I've noticed across VAG brands is that the 7-speed dry clutch is mated to petrol engines (1.2-1.8 TSI), while the six-speed wet clutch is with diesel engines. It may have something to do with the DQ200s torque limitation of 25 NM.
I think it will be the 7-speed DSG, same as the one in Polo GT TSI / Vento TSI. I have seen the Touran MPV here in Singapore with the combination of 1.6 TDI with DSG (specs here)
vb-san is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Automatic Showdown: Skoda Rapid vs Hyundai Verna vs VW Vento S2!!! Sedans 114 26th October 2017 11:22
VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner rejeen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 22nd October 2017 11:40
Buying an Automatic Car (Preferably Diesel). EDIT : Bought an OHC Automatic! Games Goblin Modifications & Accessories 27 13th October 2011 11:09
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 919 11th August 2010 22:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks