Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th March 2014, 15:45   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat increasing spare part availability in all its dealerships

My car Linea MJD came back from first servicing couple of days back, there is an issue with hand brake which requires part replacement and the dealer doesn't have stock. Now my car is running without hand brakes. Hope its doesn't take weeks/months to reach the dealer.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 19:14   #32
BANNED

Friends, friends! Why do we have to every time launch into the same tired moanings about fiat ASS in which a small disgruntled minority even if they are owners bad mouths the brand. I have two fiats. I have never had significant issues with spares availability, nor with reliability. I personally know at least twenty fiat linea and punto owners in different cities who are well-satisfied with fiat ASS, and are happy with the improvements since the split from Tata. Please go through the threads on this and other forums: the vast majority of owners are satisfied and feel things are improving well. This does not mean that things are perfect, least of all in Jorhat or Raipur. Readers, beware, i say! The satisfied ones usually keep quiet, while the victims of shooddiness from fiat and its dealers tend to go on and on as they should. But the net result is a distorted picture of the brand and its dealers as a whole. Fiat is still the best by far in many areas and is continuously improving in others. What more do we want? What is the purpose served by endlessly rehashing the same old individual grouses and gripes? If your fiat and its dealer aren't upto the mark: write to Mangesh K. at fiat india, and watch the improvement in short order.
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 18:15   #33
BHPian

Default Fiat increasing spare part availability in all its dealerships

Some people just jump at Fiat's defense no matter what. If a section of owners are happy that doesn't imply that the picture is rosy everywhere. I recon that if a manufacturer has decided to sell his vehicle at a particular location, it is his responsibility to look after the quality of service backup at that location. It is immaterial whether the location concerned is a metro or some small town. Little glitches in service quality can be understood, but delay of months in part availability, not responding to emails where serious concerns are raised (even if the mail is sent to the fabled Mr. Mangesh K), are the kind of things that are unpardonable. My car has been reduced to a garage queen now due to the lack of service support after the Tata-Fiat breakup. I hold Fiat squarely responsible for this predicament. I know of many Fiat owners here in Assam who are on the same boat.
Forums such as this exist because people need to share things - be it positive be it negative. If someone is affected by someone else's negative experiences, then it is his problem.

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 12th April 2014 at 18:37.
riturajsharma19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 18:39   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Some people just jump at Fiat's defense no matter what. If a section of owners are happy that doesn't imply that the picture is rosy everywhere. I recon that if a manufacturer has decided to sell a vehicle at a particular location, it is his responsibility to look after the quality of service backup at that location. It is immaterial whether the location concerned is a metro or some small town. Little glitches in service quality can be understood, but delay of months in part availability, not responding to emails where serious concerns are raised (even if the mail is sent to the fabled Mr. Mangesh K), are the kind of things that are unpardonable.
I am not leaping to their defence, in fact I acknowledged the truth that the new dealers/ASS set-ups are in many cases like yours not adequate yet. Hell, my Gurgaon dealer doesn't leave me too impressed either.

I was only pointing out that individual grouses and problems tend to be blown out of proportion (not by those individuals, who SHOULD complain) but by the fact the satisfied ones are rarely vocal, let alone vociferous.

You appear to be a rare victim, because of your location, of the split in sales and ASS of Fiat from Tata. Most Fiat owners feel the split has been for the better.

Keep up the pressure on Fiat India. I hope the new Fiat dealer in Guwahati is alright. All the best man!
desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote