Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:30   #301
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,726
Thanked: 823 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well that's not right , last friday I saw RTO officials as early as 5:30am on the ORR near KR Puram stopping cars. Saturday morning at around 6:00am near Gorguntepalya, Tumkur Road once again stopping non KA registered cars and private buses.
But then, Friday was 28th of March and Saturday the 29th. Both days were close to March 31, which is their target deadline. And since it was a weekend, a lot of vehicles will move out of town as well.
binaiks is offline  
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:33   #302
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 790 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
But then, Friday was 28th of March and Saturday the 29th. Both days were close to March 31, which is their target deadline. And since it was a weekend, a lot of vehicles will move out of town as well.
binai I was quoting the time mentioned by swiftnfurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, one tip for you is to travel during non office hours - that is, before 8 AM and after 8 PM !
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:48   #303
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

so does it mean the madness is over now that we are in April?

I'm planning a road-trip from Hyderabad to Mysore, want to avoid any possible hassles.
vina is offline  
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:51   #304
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,747 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
so does it mean the madness is over now that we are in April?

I'm planning a road-trip from Hyderabad to Mysore, want to avoid any possible hassles.
You should be okay. Just get an emission certificate and keep all toll receipts
ajmat is offline  
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:10   #305
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KL-CHN-BLR
Posts: 220
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
so does it mean the madness is over now that we are in April?
.
Not necessarily.

Found this link today : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../33141634.cms?

A quote from the link:

"Transport department officials have even formed a special squad to keep a vigil on owners of vehicles registered outside, but plying on city roads without paying tax. "
aajohn is offline  
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:28   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Not necessarily.

Found this link today : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../33141634.cms?

A quote from the link:

"Transport department officials have even formed a special squad to keep a vigil on owners of vehicles registered outside, but plying on city roads without paying tax. "
One more quote from the link you posted:

Case: Out of State Cars vs RTO Bangalore-caption.jpg
suresh_gs is online now  
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:38   #307
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Not necessarily.

Found this link today : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../33141634.cms?

A quote from the link:

"Transport department officials have even formed a special squad to keep a vigil on owners of vehicles registered outside, but plying on city roads without paying tax. "

I shall be there no more than 8-9 days; that too mostly in Mysore. Bangalore is on the way, hence I'm worried; I don't want any cop hassles with wife and kid.
vina is offline  
Old 4th April 2014, 08:00   #308
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Checking is still pretty intense on Bangalore roads. Though no more barricading and stuff but yesterday noticed a RTO van along with a RTO Officer & two Traffic cops near JD Mara (Bannerghatta Road) & today as early as 6:00 am few cops doing checks in Malleshwaram area. But the drive to target the non KA registration cars seems to have died down as all the while I was driving my friends TN registered car all over the city 24/7 without being bothered any where
TurboGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 09:32   #309
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
Checking is still pretty intense on Bangalore roads. Though no more barricading and stuff but yesterday noticed a RTO van along with a RTO Officer & two Traffic cops near JD Mara (Bannerghatta Road) & today as early as 6:00 am few cops doing checks in Malleshwaram area. But the drive to target the non KA registration cars seems to have died down as all the while I was driving my friends TN registered car all over the city 24/7 without being bothered any where
This drive was carried out with a single point agenda of meeting the year end target as there was a drop in the number of new vehicles being registered in KA.
I guess they must have attained the target.
suresh_gs is online now  
Old 4th April 2014, 18:23   #310
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,726
Thanked: 823 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
Checking is still pretty intense on Bangalore roads. Though no more barricading and stuff but yesterday noticed a RTO van along with a RTO Officer & two Traffic cops near JD Mara (Bannerghatta Road) & today as early as 6:00 am few cops doing checks in Malleshwaram area. But the drive to target the non KA registration cars seems to have died down as all the while I was driving my friends TN registered car all over the city 24/7 without being bothered any where
Thats probably related to election. The EC has ordered strict vigil on "cash for distribution" being transported in private cars.
binaiks is offline  
Old 4th April 2014, 18:48   #311
BHPian
 
racer_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 247
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Thats probably related to election. The EC has ordered strict vigil on "cash for distribution" being transported in private cars.
True, this Monday I was stopped on the Mysore - Bangalore stretch (near Mandya) by the EC department.
The whole unit with 2 officers and some assistants with even a videographer capturing the flagging of vehicles, number plates of the stopped vehicles and filming the boot/luggage compartment.
Of course they were very polite and mentioned clearly what they are doing and what all they want to check with our co-operation.

The irony is they were stopping only the SUV's and big sedans. All buses, tempos, ace, hatches, etc were not even flagged
racer_m is offline  
Old 6th April 2014, 15:49   #312
BHPian
 
TheHkrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KL-45/KA-51
Posts: 116
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
True, this Monday I was stopped on the Mysore - Bangalore stretch (near Mandya) by the EC department.
The whole unit with 2 officers and some assistants with even a videographer capturing the flagging of vehicles, number plates of the stopped vehicles and filming the boot/luggage compartment.
Of course they were very polite and mentioned clearly what they are doing and what all they want to check with our co-operation.

The irony is they were stopping only the SUV's and big sedans. All buses, tempos, ace, hatches, etc were not even flagged
Buddy , that is with the election regulations. They are simply flagging down vehicles all over India, I presume. I was riding to Kerala. It was happening all the way from Bangalore to Kerala , happening very randomly though. They are looking for cash transport during the election I think
TheHkrish is offline  
Old 7th April 2014, 17:48   #313
BHPian
 
venkyhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: hump city
Posts: 345
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

^^^^ I also remember reading in some website that some TN party member made the statement to his voters "we are just letting 1% of the money get caught in highways, to save the remaining 99% which will be definitely distributed to you loyal supporters"
venkyhere is offline  
Old 11th April 2014, 17:05   #314
BHPian
 
Rajith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 615
Thanked: 391 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Guys,

I decided to pay LTT for my 2002 MM540 4wd - KL regd , intended to be used in Bangalore.

Procured the old original invoice copy with the help of KL - Mahindra regional office team.Today carried RC,Insurance,Emission and invoice copies to Bangalore North RTO.Cabin no 6 , 3rd floor - non transport division declined to take tax with out NOC.

Met Senior Motor vehicle inspector.He was very polite and courteous.Worked on the RTO tax chart with vehicle invoice/RC and given @ 55% rebate on the vehicle cost.

LTT for my 2002 4wd MM540 in karnataka was calculated to be 22276/-.

Now happy motoring..

Last edited by Rajith : 11th April 2014 at 17:08.
Rajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 18:08   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 297 Times
Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

@Rajith: will you be getting a refund on the tax paid in Kerela? And is the rebate a constant rate or does it vary with the resale value of the car? A 2008 Honda Accord for example?
wildsdi5530 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buy car in state or out of state (Major price difference) autoenthusiast The Indian Car Scene 49 14th July 2017 01:21
Karnataka RTO - sms RTO to get Vehicle details 71Convertible The Indian Car Scene 83 8th October 2016 08:09
Where should I sell the car: State of Registration or Current State? m_upreti The Indian Car Scene 50 12th July 2016 17:38
RTO problems for transfering in own state vipinshetty The Indian Car Scene 5 20th February 2013 17:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks