Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2014, 11:47   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Rajith: will you be getting a refund on the tax paid in Kerela? And is the rebate a constant rate or does it vary with the resale value of the car? A 2008 Honda Accord for example?
As a process, everyone is supposed to get the refund from the previous state of registration.

Tax rates are NOT dependent on the re-sale value. It's always on the invoice / ex showroom price of the car. The discount / rebate varies according to the model (year) of purchase.
Old 13th April 2014, 19:34   #317
BHPian

Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As a process, everyone is supposed to get the refund from the previous state of registration.

Tax rates are NOT dependent on the re-sale value. It's always on the invoice / ex showroom price of the car. The discount / rebate varies according to the model (year) of purchase.
While I agree that is the process, but I think refund is applicable only if the process is followed end-to-end and this would start from getting a NOC from the source RTO to begin with. What I mean is Rajith mentions that he doesn't have the NOC from KL and so I dont think we can apply for a refund in KL. Correct me if I got this wrong

@Bangalore TBHPians: Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but could you please update this thread with the status of the LTT crack-down in blre.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:13   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@Bangalore TBHPians: Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but could you please update this thread with the status of the LTT crack-down in blre.
Checking of outstation vehicle continues, saw RTO in full force on 11th April near TV tower/Mekhri circle.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 21:32   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Off late i have observed a number of autos and private vehicles (TATA ACE) being flagged down by the RTO.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 02:42   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Checking of outstation vehicle continues, saw RTO in full force on 11th April near TV tower/Mekhri circle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Off late i have observed a number of autos and private vehicles (TATA ACE) being flagged down by the RTO.
Looks like besides LTT "Hafta vasuli", Elections is another reason the traffic-cops/RTO guys have now to inspect anything moving in sight
Old 14th April 2014, 11:46   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I pass by that route very often - those are normal Traffic guys - they target bikes and goods carriers - never seen them stop private vehicles.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 09:30   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I pass by that route very often - those are normal Traffic guys - they target bikes and goods carriers - never seen them stop private vehicles.
Off late the RTO guys are not catching other state registered vehicles atleast in Koramangala. Guess they might have met the target. Now that the elections are round the corner, they are flagging down autos, bikes, cabs and goods carriers for the slightest of traffic violations.
Possibly they are trying to convey the message that when it comes to traffic violations, it is ZERO TOLERANCE.
Old 15th April 2014, 12:16   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Off late the RTO guys are not catching other state registered vehicles atleast in Koramangala. Guess they might have met the target. Now that the elections are round the corner, they are flagging down autos, bikes, cabs and goods carriers for the slightest of traffic violations.
Possibly they are trying to convey the message that when it comes to traffic violations, it is ZERO TOLERANCE.
Please Note: there is a difference between the different folks who flag you down.
  • RTO folks: checking of registration papers, evasion of tax by out-state vehicles etc
  • Traffic Police: traffic related, DUI related
  • Regular Police Nakabandi: election related (carrying of lots of cash), criminal incident related
Old 15th April 2014, 16:22   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
  • RTO folks: checking of registration papers, evasion of tax by out-state vehicles etc
how to identify ? any uniform ? any specific color pattern jeep ?

Quote:
[*]Traffic Police: traffic related, DUI related[/list]
white+khaki

Quote:
[*]Regular Police Nakabandi: election related (carrying of lots of cash), criminal incident related[/list]
khaki+khaki
Old 15th April 2014, 16:40   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
how to identify ? any uniform ? any specific color pattern jeep ?
Not noted the uniform color but they usually have an RTO vehicle (typically a White or Dark Blue Bolero) with a large RTO sticker on the front and rear windscreen parked at the place of check. Have seen this in Koramangala and E-City.
Old 15th April 2014, 19:28   #326
BHPian

Folks, We've shifted our 2011 Model car to Bangalore from Ghaziabad (U.P.) and having NOC from RTO Ghaziabad. Could some one help to provide a right agent to get the Re-registration done in RTO Jaya Nagar, Bangalore please?

Also, I would like to know how much would be typical and acceptable payment for the Agent for Address Transfer, Road Tax Payment and Obtaining a KA Number? Tnx a lot/Siva
Old 16th April 2014, 07:03   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in Bangalore for a week and I wasnt stopped or checked. Just after Hosur, saw cops and people in plain clothes checking the boot (election duty).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 10:11   #328
BHPian

I too was in Bangalore from 1 April to 5 April. I went to EC once for a meeting and drove around Bangalore for few days. I was neither stopped by the RTO nor did I see any checks going on.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 10:54   #329
Senior - BHPian

Same here, I was in Bangalore for 10 days, went electronic city like 3 times, although I was in a relatives KA Alto, but I never saw any checks anywhere. Saw quite a few TN, AP and MH cars in Bangalore too. I guess the extortion drive is over. Hurray !
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 10:55   #330
Senior - BHPian

I guess most of these checks will happen in the financial year end - till March - for the RTOs to meet their revenue targets before the financial year ends. With the economic slump, car sales have gone down and this is just another way for the RTOs to meet their targets.

So wait till early 2015 when the collection drive will most likely start again.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread