Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2014, 10:19   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun27g View Post
It is torture indeed. Fails to make sense to me, as laws such as these, take away the essence of being in 1 country. In my opinion, the grouse of the PY registered car has to be addressed with the PY government rather than the vehicle which opts to take advantage of such laws.
I fail to understand how the KA govt has modified the road tax rules to suit its convenience (From 11 months to 30 days). Is it not violation of motor vehicle rules (CMVR)
Old 11th June 2014, 11:27   #362
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

This amendment was introduced as part of the Karnataka State Budget in Feb 2014 :

Motor Vehicles Act to be amended to plug revenue loss from vehicles registered in other states plying on Karnataka roads

Source : http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...e-updates.html

Also note that :

Till December 2013, the government had met only about 68 per cent of its tax-revenue target, thanks to the slowdown in the economy. The target was Rs 62,464 crore, while the actual realisation as Rs 42,947 crore

Last edited by sdp1975 : 11th June 2014 at 11:33.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:58   #363
BHPian

From last few days, RTO officials were checking all out of state vehicles near Silk Board ORR towards HSR side. Yesterday I could see they have stopped many out of state vehicles from TN, AP, KL, DL HR etc.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:58   #364
Senior - BHPian

Heavy checking at main entry of Manyata Tech Park, Hebbal.

Could see many UP,DL,TN vehicles being challaned.

Last edited by DCEite : 12th June 2014 at 11:59.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 12:53   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
RTO officials were checking all out of state vehicles near Silk Board ORR towards HSR side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Heavy checking at main entry of Manyata Tech Park, Hebbal
Guess after not meeting last year's targets, they have decided to maintain a steady run rate from the start!

This type of checking usually occurs towards Dec-Mar before the year end happens.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 13:20   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

I am pretty sure they would have caught 70-80% of the out station vehicles by now. What will they do next year?
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 13:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am pretty sure they would have caught 70-80% of the out station vehicles by now. What will they do next year?
Don't worry about it , something special will come out of their crooked minds.
Old 12th June 2014, 14:41   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
They'll probably open checkposts at the border entry points and charge LTT for any out-state vehicle coming into the state - even for minutes.

They don't have the courage to go behind those PY registered Beemers and Mercs even now.
binaiks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:56   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
They don't have the courage to go behind those PY registered Beemers and Mercs even now.
as always, its the middle-level IT guy in his small hatchback, who promptly pays his income tax, who is harassed. It's the fate of every middle class indian - the quintessential donkey - his sweat is what fuels the govt revenue, into which bureaucrats, politicians and rich businessmen sink their teeth, bite off more than what 10's of their generations can chew, and still come back baying for more flesh. The donkey will forever be a donkey.
venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 19:48   #370
BHPian

That's the easiest thing to do. Flagging down a Merc or Pajero guy spotting a PY reg will have repercussions. So the safe bet it to target a Middle Class guy, who won't have too much courage to challenge these guys.
Old 12th June 2014, 20:00   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
as always, its the middle-level IT guy in his small hatchback, who promptly pays his income tax, who is harassed. It's the fate of every middle class indian - the quintessential donkey - his sweat is what fuels the govt revenue, into which bureaucrats, politicians and rich businessmen sink their teeth, bite off more than what 10's of their generations can chew, and still come back baying for more flesh. The donkey will forever be a donkey.
How is it harassment is someone is caught - be it a middle class man for flouting rules?

I agree that not catching PY regd beemers, mercs is a wrong thing but there is definitely nothing wrong with catching IT guys with other state cars and breaking rules.
Old 12th June 2014, 20:55   #372
BHPian

Default Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

Everybody thinks that his class is the one that runs the country. It is a myth that personal income tax forms the bulk of the tax collection. Wrong! Personal income tax collection forms 17% of all tax collections. Corporate tax forms 33%. So now the guys in the PY registered beemers and mercs should be feeling that they are the work-donkeys of the country, right?

Last edited by blacksport : 12th June 2014 at 20:56.
Old 12th June 2014, 21:24   #373
BHPian

Slightly

Can anyone tell me the approx road tax that my dad would have to pay if he is bringing his DL registered fortuner to Bangalore? Its a Sept 2010 model. Just wanted a ball park figure to decide whether he should drive down or rather hire a car for his short stay in Bangalore
Old 12th June 2014, 22:01   #374
Senior - BHPian

How do they calculate the value of the personal car that is old. My wife has 1 year old Polo Comfortline Tdi, how much road tax would she have to pay?

In addition is the limit 11 months or 1 month for personal vehicles? Its not very clear to me as it seems 1 month is only for taxis.
Old 12th June 2014, 22:21   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Slightly

Can anyone tell me the approx road tax that my dad would have to pay if he is bringing his DL registered fortuner to Bangalore? Its a Sept 2010 model. Just wanted a ball park figure to decide whether he should drive down or rather hire a car for his short stay in Bangalore
Buddy, I drove HR 26 registered Santro for almost an year in Bangalore on daily basis, passed by numerous traffic cops and trust me no one forced me to stop or asked for papers.

I don't consider myself lucky here because in my office many people drove cars registered at their native and no one complained about such things.

In your case, I don't think Bangalore traffic cops will stop your dad's Fortuner. But yes, you never know.

However, I heard bounding outstation vehicles in Hyderabad/Hitech city where traffic cops hunt for non-AP vehicles from morning to evening and slam challans on owner's face. One of my closest friend paid 72k on his Polo TDI Comfortline registered in Faridabad. He took personal loan from his company to pay challan.
Closed Thread