Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th July 2015, 13:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Is Maruti silently discontinuing the Ritz & Dzire AT?

Which is just as well. No one will miss them. MUL's 4-speed ATs are most unexciting to drive. Ditto Hyundai's 4-speeds too. But at least Hyundai offers 6-speed in Sonata, Santa Fe, Elantra and Creta. But MUL has same 4-speed from A-Star to Vitara. It is because of these half-hearted attempts that ATs are not much sought after in India. Actually barring Polo TSI, almost all AT hatchbacks are unexciting to drive.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 14:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

The new line up of Maruti would probably look like this:

Alto----> Estilo----> Wagon R---->Celerio---->A Star---->Ritz >>>Swift ----> YRA ----> S Cross (Hatch/Premium Hatch/Cross)
Dzire----> Brezza(YBA)---->Ciaz----> Grand Vitara (Sedan/Premium)

The ones in bold are the discontinued models(of recent times).

So, the Swift position could be downgraded to a Ritz position and the Fronx takes the position of the erstwhle Swift. This gives a cost advantage to fight the jazzier(pun intended) Jazz and the "Elite" Elite i20.

The pricing would also help to consolidate the Fronx which, right now pales in front of the Jazz and the i20 on the first look impressions.

Ritz, therefore does not feature in the scheme of things now.

Last edited by arnabchak : 6th July 2015 at 14:53.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 14:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
This is completely unexpected! I thought they were planning to do a "Ritz Tour", but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I don't understand how the Celerio can be a replacement for the Ritz.

The Celerio weighs 810 ~ 900 kg, and is powered by 68 PS three-pot & 47 PS two-pot engines. On the other hand, the Ritz weighs 1005 ~ 1125 kg, and is powered by 87 PS & 75 PS four-pot motors. How can the former be a replacement for the latter? Just because both of them happen to be tall boy hatchbacks?

I think the Ritz happens to be the heaviest Maruti Suzuki hatchback we have had in India so far. It was one solid and chunky little tall boy which was extremely practical, with rear seat headroom in a league of its own. The average NBA player would have been able to sit comfortably upright on its rear seat, which is not something that can be said of many cars.

Apart from the very subjective looks, the Ritz also received step-parental treatment from Maruti Suzuki. It's facelift was very minor, the 4-speed automatic version carried a ridiculous premium over the equivalent 5-speed manual variant, and it did not get some much needed features like Bluetooth connectivity etc. It was almost as if the company had decided to punish the Ritz for not selling in the numbers they wanted.
Agree completely.

Ritz is the most practical hatch from Maruti - its power, space, stability and ride quality, comfort, practicality etc are unbeatable... Its looks was the real culprit. They should have launched a rear-and-roof-lifted Ritz. IF Maruti ignore their bread-and-butter segment under 5L like this and concentrate only on the 5L+ segment for newer launches like SCross, YRA and YBA, they are going to suffer.

Maruti may be thinking otherwise. IF customer need all these advantages, pay more and go for upper segment cars. With the launch of cars like YRA, YBA and SCross, some of the sales of Swift will be diverted to these cars, making Swift out the top-sellers's list. So, they may be thinking that with Ritz not in production, some of the prospective Ritz customers will go for Swift as well. Who knows.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 16:41   #34
BHPian

Was at the Maruti dealership yesterday and enquired about the Ritz, but was told by the Sales rep that Maruti has not been shipping Ritz since the last 1 year. But he was quite confident that the car is not being discontinued, and a facelift is expected around November?

I was surprised to have missed this face lift. No scoops/spy pics so far.

Or it could be another thing that they had a Ritz Vxi in stock which he wanted to push out. Hinted discounts, which made me want to consider it. But then the Ritz is already a dated car, having missed out on most of Maruti's 'feature giving face lifts'.
Sinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 15:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50495907.cms

"No takers, Maruti to stop Ritz sale" from May onwards. Seems like the Ignis mini "SUV" may replace Ritz in terms of time of launch, and not Baleno as expected earlier.
Attached Images

romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

I went with my friend to enquire about Ritz to Kataria Automobiles on IRR, Domlur. The sales lady told us that Ritz has been discontinued and only few LDi's in white color are available in stock. They are offering Rs.35K cash discount.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

They are targeting taxi market with lower variant Ritz. Heard it advertised on radio last month about special exchange offer for old taxis when buying Ritz.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:40   #38
BHPian

This move was expected from Maruti in order to undercut the competition IMO.I will definitely miss the smoothness of the traditional torque converters and no matter how well you tune an AMT,it will give you jerks lower down in the rev range.
This is by far the worst method of cost cutting I have seen.
vishy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 11:51   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Splash ( Ritz) is being discontinued in Indonesia, with supplies from India tapering off.

Quote:
It is also associated with the supply of Maruti Suzuki India already starting to wane, as Suzuki Splash sold in Indonesia are the results of the production plant at Manesar, Maruti Suzuki India currently has already stopped production
http://autonetmagz.com/suzuki-splash...donesia/43102/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 22:49   #40
BHPian

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...le17371150.ece

Seems the Ritz has been discontinued.
cunnuvila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 22:52   #41
Team-BHP Support

Ritz is gone

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ruti-ritz.html (R.I.P. Maruti Ritz)
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote