Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2014, 22:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
Was safety a concern...Yes...but Maruti did not give me an option of an Airbag in an AMT...and I wanted to have an AMT in the family as an option since it is primarily for city driving.
Its not just the airbag. A couple of other features are missing from AMT when I compare it with the manual VXi model. I thought all features from VXi would be lifted by default but it seems they would want to save every single penny if they can.

Want an AMT? Great, give me airbags and a couple of other things and take the AMT. Barter system of some sorts!!
Old 5th November 2014, 22:47   #167
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any idea about the OTR prices in Bangalore? Am keen on the Vxi manual for my wife's commute.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 23:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

Nice move by Maruti to bring in the AMT in the new alto. I feel this one would cannibalize the sales of the Celerio to a certain extent. I think this car will also appeal to many people and would prove to be a practical alternative as a second city runabout beater car. Looks are subjective but but I think the previous version looked better than this one.
Old 6th November 2014, 03:12   #169
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Quote:

I get my car tomorrow morning :-)
Great !!!
I was not aware that the deliveries started as well, your's may the first one on T-BHP

We will be waiting for initial impressions as well as some detailed pics of the car in real life.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Model 1:
-No safety features
- Alloys
- Double Din music system with 4 speakers
- Keyless entry

Model 2:
- Driver side airbag
- ABS with EBD
- Steel Rims
- No music system
- No keyless entry

Not more than 10% of the people will pick up Model 2.
How 'bout an option of ABS and Airbags on every variant?
I recently had to settle with a NON ABS Beat because there wasn't an option. To get the ABS I'd have to shell out another 1 Lakh or so. The top end (Option Pack) also comes with features I don't need. So why should I have to pay more for those?

If given an option, I'd have bought the ABS equipped Beat LS if I could get it for additional 20K. And please don't say the ABS equipment is costlier. Even the airbags aren't very costly.
For additional 40 K if I could get the ABS and Airbags, I'd definitely pick it instead of having to pay for the Music system, remote lock, steering mounted controls... and what not.

Let me give you an option that promotes safety features:
Model 1:
No features

Option 1 for Model 1: Creature comfort features:
- Keyless Entry
- Silver Finish on Dash and steering
- Chrome finish on Grill
- Chrome Lip on boot lid
- Roof Rails
- Steering Mounted Controls
- Alloys

Option 2 for Model 1: Safety features:
- ABS
- EBD
- ESP
- 2 Airbags
- Driver Seat Height Adjust
- Curtain Airbags

Now lets allow the buyer to customize:
- Model 1 without options
- Model 1 with Option 1
- Model 1 with Option 2
- Model 1 with Option 1 and 2

Then lets see how many of Option 2s are picked.

The problem is:: We aren't given an option to pick safety features in the base variants.
Old 6th November 2014, 16:06   #171
BHPian

Quote:

BTW..The white Alto AMT is 4k Cheaper than the launch price at Rs 3.76 Ex Delhi. The Maruti website has the pricelist updated.

I get my car tomorrow morning :-)
Congratulations. We are waiting for the pics and initial review. Hope you have taken the delivery by now.

3.76lacs Ex-Delhi price is for the Non-Metallic color. The Ex-Delhi price for K10 AMT is mentioned as 3.80Lacs on the website, so the Launch price mentioned stays as it is. I am guessing you opted for white color hence the reduced price.
MadAbtCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 17:02   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
Congratulations. We are waiting for the pics and initial review. Hope you have taken the delivery by now.

3.76lacs Ex-Delhi price is for the Non-Metallic color. The Ex-Delhi price for K10 AMT is mentioned as 3.80Lacs on the website, so the Launch price mentioned stays as it is. I am guessing you opted for white color hence the reduced price.
Yup, I bought the White VXI AMT, there was no other color available immediately and I did not want to wait 8-10 weeks. I had already got my loan processed before hand.

Unfortunately I had to just drive it home and head to office and have not really driven more than 4 kms...... Initial drive was good, suspension is firm and absorbs regular road bumps without much fuss, decent fit and finish. AMT is fun to drive and one thing I noticed it upshifts pretty early compared to the Celerio AMT, this could be due to the mileage requirements. NVH is good too!!

Only have one picture for now parked outside the house for now, more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-img20141106wa0002.jpeg  

Knowall is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 19:53   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Any idea about the OTR prices in Bangalore? Am keen on the Vxi manual for my wife's commute.
VXi (O) is priced at 4.5Lacs on road whereas the VXi (AMT) is priced at 4.88Lacs.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:59   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Its not just the airbag. A couple of other features are missing from AMT when I compare it with the manual VXi model. I thought all features from VXi would be lifted by default but it seems they would want to save every single penny if they can.

Want an AMT? Great, give me airbags and a couple of other things and take the AMT. Barter system of some sorts!!
To be more precise, here are the features you lose out if you opt for AMT instead of VXi(O). Other than the driver airbag, I don't see anything else to be a big deal.
  • Driver airbag - you'll miss this one.
  • Fog Lamps - can be fitted later
  • Keyless entry - can be fitted later
  • Body colored door handles and ORVMs - can be painted later
  • Side moulding - can be fitted later
  • cup holders in the central console - due to a different console for AMT gear lever.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 00:21   #175
BHPian

• Driver airbag - you'll miss this one.(Important,but cant be added later)
  • Fog Lamps - can be fitted later ( 3500/- for a set MGA, doable in the first service) Do I need to change the switch stalks ?
  • Keyless entry - can be fitted later(can live without it) Central locking is good enough
  • Body colored door handles and ORVMs - can be painted later-Agree
  • Side moulding - can be fitted later-Already done.Paid 2k for Mats, Moulding and Mut flaps..Ntg came free...
  • cup holders in the central console - due to a different console for AMT gear lever.: This is a concern...The AMT literally has no place to put small things like bottles or anything bigger than a wallet, which was quite irritating.
[/quote]
Knowall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 22:30   #176
BHPian

I have booked the Maruti Suzuki New Alto K10 facelift. With the facelift, Maruti has addressed the issues which plagued the Alto brand - the old Alto looked twenty years old beside newer hatchbacks and its garish interiors were no better. It is the same peppy engine, but inside a fully revamped body and spruced up interiors. As this car will be driven by parents often, the automatic manual transmission was the way to go. The AMT at this price point is a deal too hard to resist. The delivery is expected in December 2014. Gears and clutches are not a habit, they are a bother. 97% of the cars in the US are automatic, it is really the future. My next car will be a fully automatic transmission.

The on road price in Kolkata is 4.48 lakh. Steering art leather cover and door mats are freebies from the dealer Machino Techno. I added accessories and add-ons worth 45,000 and zero depreciation insurance.
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 11:04   #177
BHPian

Just an update, the car is returning an average of 12/13 kmpl...which is quite surprising. Iv filled almost 19/20 ltrs and the car has done 260kms upto now. Id thought it should have been much higher...
Knowall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 20:26   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
Gears and clutches are not a habit, they are a bother. 97% of the cars in the US are automatic, it is really the future. My next car will be a fully automatic transmission.
Congratulations on your new car! Wishing you & your family unlimited safe and happy miles with it.

However I beg to differ on the transmission. 97% cars in the US being automatic isn't an indicator of it being better than manual transmission. They even drive on the wrong side of the road for that matter ( just kidding).

But manual transmission certainly is more fun. It is more efficient and cheaper to maintain. It will always have plenty patrons for the long future ahead.

Surely AMT will pick up a lot if it is proven to be reliable over a duration. But we have to wait and watch as the budget AMT is still in infancy in India and not yet fully proven for our stressed driving conditions.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 21:00   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just an update, the car is returning an average of 12/13 kmpl...which is quite surprising. Iv filled almost 19/20 ltrs and the car has done 260kms upto now. Id thought it should have been much higher...
The K10 engine takes some time to give you decent FE. I used to get only 11-12 in my WagonR until the car crossed around 5k on the odo. Now it gives somewhere 13-14 in the city with AC and without any FE conscious driving.
Old 16th November 2014, 22:24   #180
BHPian

I have made full payment yesterday and delivery is expected on 20th i.e. Thursday. For the following accessories, the dealer has quoted a price of 36k, no discounts offered.

Reverse Parking System with Rear View Camera with display integrated to IRVM 12k
Keyless entry 5.8k
Body molding, sides & corners 1625
Anti rust coating 2.5k
Fog lamps, front 3.7k
Coloured ORVM + Coloured door handles 1.5k
Cigarette lighter 320
Seat covers, art. leather 4k
Door sill guards 650
Sun film coating 1750
Car body cover 1k

I have now changed my mind and decided to do them from aftermarket. I am not sure what to do about the electrical add-ons like fog lamps, parking camera and keyless entry.

Should I stick to dealer for these because of warranty issues?
Closed Thread