Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2014, 15:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

UGLY looking contraption this!!

Honestly, never even liked the Alto 800 too. Always felt that the rear is dented even for a car just out of the showroom.

Liked the timeless design of the 1st Gen Alto especially in this colour.

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-1789308321327479670.jpg
arnabchak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 19:08   #62
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

The current Alto800 is never going to win any design contest, and the new k10 is just going to be a larger engine plonked into it along with some minor modifications (elongated bonnet, different lights, bumpers etc.) So one shouldn't really expect too much in terms of exterior design.

On the positive side, the rear bumper is now meatier and offers better protection when compared to the almost non-existent rear bumper of the Alto800. And the front bumper has provision for fog lamps (finally!) and they seem to be present on the top variants.

It looks like the car is still in an advanced stage of testing. On the site that's the source of these spy photos, one can clearly see that there is some thing very odd with some (not all) of the cars. The front looks like it has been raised too much when compared to the rear of the car. On closer examination, it looks like they are using larger wheels and tyres on some of the test mules, and the front end of such cars has been raised excessively to accommodate them. Other cars seem to be normal. I hope they choose a wheel size that does not require the car to have a disproportionately raised front end.

This is surely going to add to the Alto's impressive monthly sales numbers. One hardly sees newly registered Alto k10s on the roads nowadays. Most of the sales seem to be in favour of the Alto800 that has better interior space, a newer dashboard and better safety (optional driver airbag). So the new k10 will definitely find takers in those who want more power, for it looks like it will be a pocket rocket in terms of power-to-weight ratio.

Maruti Suzuki should not skimp on safety - the car needs a driver airbag at the very least (Alto800 already has it). This will also make Hyundai and Datsun wake up and provide at least a driver airbag on the 1000cc Alto's direct competitors, the Eon 1.0 and Go respectively. I can't understand why the Go and (especially) the Eon 1.0 don't get a driver airbag, for the Eon 0.8 Sportz variant does get this very important feature.

Two airbags and ABS would of course be much better, but knowing these manufacturers, it may just be asking for too much.

Last edited by RSR : 20th September 2014 at 19:14.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 19:44   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The current Alto K10 is actually much better looking than this new one ..
Old 20th September 2014, 19:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Liked the timeless design of the 1st Gen Alto especially in this colour.
The pic you have got is second generation Alto. 1st gen was with smaller headlamps.

Photo credits to owner. Taken from Google.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-marutialto25lakh.jpg  

ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 11:19   #65
BHPian

So Maruti may launch a factory fitted CNG variant as well. Maruti, please get the CNG in AMT (or else I will have to get it installed straight out of showroom). My current running is 70+ kms everyday and I am using A-star automatic. It drinks nearly 12000 rs petrol every month and is ruining the A-star with so many kms every month.

The thing is CNG AMT k10 will eat a lot of other models, so it may not be easy to come by, but if it does, it will practically eat away Alto 800 CNG and various other CNG models from other companies. Either way MSIL, I am in front of the line with my money. Can't you bring it in any sooner, I love the A-star and hate putting so many kms on it.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 21st September 2014 at 11:20.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
So Maruti may launch a factory fitted CNG variant as well. Maruti, please get the CNG in AMT (or else I will have to get it installed straight out of showroom). My current running is 70+ kms everyday and I am using A-star automatic. It drinks nearly 12000 rs petrol every month and is ruining the A-star with so many kms every month.
With your kind of running, and the AMT need, why not look at the Zest diesel AMT?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 12:11   #67
BHPian

They should have sold the first gen indian alto with an updated f10d (1000cc) engine , with rear wash wipe /defogger / fog lamps / dual air bags and the euro spec slightly larger diameter wheels . In short th short lived vxi (1st Gen) with a few add ons from the euro spec model . 4 cyl F10d any day better than the k10 3cyl wagon r of the same capacity . I know as I have the new wagon r too and 3cyl engines just don't cut it for me .
Old 21st September 2014, 13:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
With your kind of running, and the AMT need, why not look at the Zest diesel AMT?
Two reasons:
  1. Need a smaller car, The lane in which I live, people park in such a manner that even a Nano can't cross properly, Zest, we can forget about.
  2. Money, can't even buy Celerio AMT dude, Alto K-10 AMT means I get the best balance in power and budget. If Alto 800 AMT comes first, I will buy that. Nano AMT, even if available, is not an option because I want MSIL After Sales Support peace of mind.
The goal is to use K10 AMT for daily use and save A-star Automatic for highways and vacations.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 21st September 2014 at 13:28.
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:50   #69
BHPian

The Alto K10 snapped at the Guragaon plant.
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-2015marutialtok10amtspyshotamt.jpg

Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh-2015marutialtok10amtspyshotfront.jpg
karzzexped is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Very Ugly and looks completely out of proportion.

This facelift was not really required!!

Totally spoils the earlier car in the first facelift and then killing whatever little beauty was left with this obnoxious creation!!

Two thumbs way down for this "face-unlift"!!
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

I guess in dark colors it will look much better. Generally small cars look better in dark metallic shades like red, blue, brown, etc. I quite like this new look. It will look attractive in person in darker shades for sure. Old alto was better but K10 i never liked that much. This is better. I am sure this car will have better space & better features. handling will also be better.

Any news on AMT here? If Maruti can sell AMT around 4 L on road for this car cute car, then its a great deal. Lot of people will go behind it.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:02   #72
BHPian

As rightly said by many, this one looks outright ugly as compared to the current k10. I don't know why maruti is doing this, first with the alto800 and now this.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
I don't care much about the look, just put in an AMT box and you can have my money MSIL!

With AMt, this will be the best car for me to travel to work and back everyday.
AMT is likely
http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....s/#entry164816
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:27   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs down re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Why do car makers have such a fascination for thick chrome mustaches ?? Looks ugly !!!
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:39   #75
e46
BHPian

Thumbs down re: Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzzexped View Post
The Alto K10 snapped at the Guragaon plant.
Whats wrong with Maruti designers. They ruined the Alto with the ugly Alto 800. I would say this version has the most # of unnecessary creases.

Then comes this. The earlier Alto K10 has straight horizontal lines and looked pleasing. Seems the 'chrome itch' bit the designers finally and now we have this.

drive safe
Abhishek //M
Closed Thread