Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 10:23   #346
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Does it really take so long to change the dashboard? Curious to know what kind of testing will it need?
safari_lover is offline  
Old 17th February 2015, 10:51   #347
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Not really but few things I can notice from other pics:

1.) Same Jump Seats
2.) New Upper and Bumper Grills
3.) There could be the updated 150ps engine from ARIA
4.) Old stocks need to be cleared before new is release
5.) Dashboard means new Entertainment Centre, MID, BCM, New Harness, Combination Switch, New Steering, Of course new dashboard and all this needs Vendor Signoff etc...
6.) Revised road worthiness certificates and other bureaucracies involved

Hence things may take time. And now that they have already taken that time, why get angry :-) Rather be happy that its coming anyways...
rajismine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:59   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,986
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Why are they not bringing out an automatic Storme? There is nothing this side of Fortuner today. Those heavy diesel clutches will kill the joy in traffic.
pgsagar is offline  
Old 17th February 2015, 11:33   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: pune
Posts: 130
Thanked: 169 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

An article on motorbeam.com today suggests that the Kite Launch is in mid 2015,and from other reports it seems Nano AMT is due in MArch 2015.Just hope that Storme comes in May 2015 as I am in the market for an SUV and cant think beyond the Storme .

I have already waited for two months of this year and hope I dont have to wait longer than May 2015 for the face lifted Storme .

Last edited by rosaf : 17th February 2015 at 11:34. Reason: Incomplete sentence
rosaf is offline  
Old 17th February 2015, 12:25   #350
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newest capital
Posts: 382
Thanked: 828 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why are they not bringing out an automatic Storme? There is nothing this side of Fortuner today. Those heavy diesel clutches will kill the joy in traffic.
If they are giving the same clutch as in the new Aria then the heavy clutch should not be an issue. Check out the clutch on the new Aria and you will be pleasantly surprised, it's lighter than most cars!
damodar is offline  
Old 17th February 2015, 13:43   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

How long will they keep flogging revised versions? If they cannot bring out a totally new (not just under the skin like the Storme) product, they can write themselves off in this segment.

It is sad to watch the segment creator and one-time leader trying so hard to commit suicide.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 19:59   #352
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 297 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

New rumor: Safari Storm will use raptor platform to lost weight and will be launched in 2018
@steeroid: Storme is orally different from the old Safari.
wildsdi5530 is offline  
Old 17th February 2015, 23:45   #353
BHPian
 
Black_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Tata's delay is killing them. GM is now ready to launch it's Trailblazer. Which is kind of planned to price lower than Captiva. Checked the thailand pricing, even there it was placed below Captiva. It has like 240mm ground clearance. Not sure Indian version will also have the same.

If the pricing of Ford Endeavor and Chevy Trailblazer kept appropriate then Storme is going to face a lot more competition.

Seeing 1L Discount for this month on Storme, may be they are clearing the stocks? Hopefully they launch the updated version sooner.
Black_Beast is offline  
Old 18th February 2015, 08:04   #354
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Not really but few things I can notice from other pics:

1.) Same Jump Seats
2.) New Upper and Bumper Grills
3.) There could be the updated 150ps engine from ARIA
4.) Old stocks need to be cleared before new is release
5.) Dashboard means new Entertainment Centre, MID, BCM, New Harness, Combination Switch, New Steering, Of course new dashboard and all this needs Vendor Signoff etc...
6.) Revised road worthiness certificates and other bureaucracies involved

Hence things may take time. And now that they have already taken that time, why get angry :-) Rather be happy that its coming anyways...
According to authentic resources, there is no strome facelift work going on in TML research center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
An article on motorbeam.com today suggests that the Kite Launch is in mid 2015,and from other reports it seems Nano AMT is due in MArch 2015.Just hope that Storme comes in May 2015 as I am in the market for an SUV and cant think beyond the Storme .

I have already waited for two months of this year and hope I dont have to wait longer than May 2015 for the face lifted Storme .
Mate, Sorry for the bad news (no Strome face lift in 2015 for sure). Better look for alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Tata's delay is killing them. GM is now ready to launch it's Trailblazer. Which is kind of planned to price lower than Captiva. Checked the thailand pricing, even there it was placed below Captiva. It has like 240mm ground clearance. Not sure Indian version will also have the same.

If the pricing of Ford Endeavor and Chevy Trailblazer kept appropriate then Storme is going to face a lot more competition.

Seeing 1L Discount for this month on Storme, may be they are clearing the stocks? Hopefully they launch the updated version sooner.
Tata looks like completely confused with Strome. As I said few posts earlier they are working on completely revamped Strome. So launch may take some time (read no launch in 2015).

Now good news:
Tata is working on some brand new design (from outside) on Aria platform with target launch of 2015 festive season. Now I know the question from BHPian's, Why not a test mule is spotted yet when the launch is slated for this year?. Answer is: New vehicle development is in progress outside India, they may test the vehicle on Indian roads at a later stage may be around 2015 May.
hillsnrains is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 10:02   #355
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
According to authentic resources, there is no strome facelift work going on in TML research center.

Mate, Sorry for the bad news (no Strome face lift in 2015 for sure). Better look for alternatives.

Tata looks like completely confused with Strome. As I said few posts earlier they are working on completely revamped Strome. So launch may take some time (read no launch in 2015).
I highly doubt that though :-)

1.) The Showroom Sales team has been talking about the facelift storme coming before diwali 2015
2.)Service centre Supervisors already know about this new storme and expecting training update
3.) The revised Storme has been seen all over the net for quite a while now
4.) Tata has upped the offer on the Existing Storme to Rs 1L now
5.) More pics from the Facelift grill storme are attached and the guy who saw this in person saw a complete black dashboard rather than the existing dual tone on the EX Model, besides a fully taped middle console on the dash Plus a new Steering similar to Zest

Besides, nothing wrong in keeping fingers crossed, though I did upgraded from a 3L to a Storme last month itself :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-1.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-2.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-3.jpg  

Attached Images
 
rajismine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 10:20   #356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: pune
Posts: 130
Thanked: 169 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Tata's delay is killing them. GM is now ready to launch it's Trailblazer. Which is kind of planned to price lower than Captiva. Checked the thailand pricing, even there it was placed below Captiva. It has like 240mm ground clearance. Not sure Indian version will also have the same.

If the pricing of Ford Endeavor and Chevy Trailblazer kept appropriate then Storme is going to face a lot more competition.

Seeing 1L Discount for this month on Storme, may be they are clearing the stocks? Hopefully they launch the updated version sooner.
Black_Beast I really dont think that the Endeavor or Trailblazer are in competition with the Storme as they are in a completely different price bracket and category as both will certainly cost upwards of 20 lacs on road even for the base version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post

Now good news:
Tata is working on some brand new design (from outside) on Aria platform with target launch of 2015 festive season. Now I know the question from BHPian's, Why not a test mule is spotted yet when the launch is slated for this year?. Answer is: New vehicle development is in progress outside India, they may test the vehicle on Indian roads at a later stage may be around 2015 May.
What i have heard from a source is that it is called Eagle internally in TML and its an ARIA with a redesigned exterior so it still will most probably be in MUV form rather than SUV which the Storme is.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th February 2015 at 11:50. Reason: Back to back posts.
rosaf is offline  
Old 18th February 2015, 11:48   #357
ISO
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune/Bahrain
Posts: 127
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Instead of 150PS power what Safari really need is premium interior. I have test driven Dicor and Safari recently. There is really much change in the interior.

It seems Safari is neglected product by TATA and dealers.

In both the showrooms at Ahemednagar and Pandit Auto Pune, Safari was not at display.
ISO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 11:53   #358
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
In both the showrooms at Ahemednagar and Pandit Auto Pune, Safari was not at display.
When I was at Pandit Auto with a bhpian to help him with his Zest's PDI, the salesman told us that the demand for the old Safari is more than the Storme. Due to this, they even took all old variants from in and around the showroom away to beef up sales of the Storme but to no avail. That itself says a lot about the looks and fan following of the old Safari.
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 12:01   #359
ISO
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune/Bahrain
Posts: 127
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
When I was at Pandit Auto with a bhpian to help him with his Zest's PDI, the salesman told us that the demand for the old Safari is more than the Storme. Due to this, they even took all old variants from in and around the showroom away to beef up sales of the Storme but to no avail. That itself says a lot about the looks and fan following of the old Safari.
Thats true. I drove old safari Dicor one month back and Im in love with it. It is easier to drive in Pune's bumper to bumper traffic than Storm. Clutch was light and bottom end torque was good. Driver side arm rest is big plus.
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 08:32   #360
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
...
What i have heard from a source is that it is called Eagle internally in TML and its an ARIA with a redesigned exterior so it still will most probably be in MUV form rather than SUV which the Storme is.
I agree with you that Aria is an MUV rather than SUV. In the initial iteration of the above said vehicle on Aria platform was more of an MUV. Now it's design is getting changed completely more like an SUV, which is totally different from the first iteration. The reason may well be the current sales numbers of Aria.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The long Journey to Storme (Safari Storme) g_prajeesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 29th August 2016 16:13
An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the offing! Tejas@perioimpl 4x4 Vehicles 537 19th December 2015 22:22
Experience the Tata Safari Storme : Terra Pod event @ Gurgaon: EDIT: Now in Bangalore GTO 4x4 Excursions 14 16th September 2013 19:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks