Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2015, 18:35   #631
BHPian

And the disappointment among prospective buyers could not be more evident from the fact that after the initial Tata bashing ( a well deserved one) , there has not been a single post in this thread for the past 24 hours. May be users are just checking the thread for any update about the reduced pricing now (hoping against hopes)
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:09   #632
BHPian

Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

I got to talk to a sales person from Concorde Motors, Patparganj. He told me that the Storme LX is going to be priced between the Dicor LX and EX. Apparently, no last row front facing seats in the Storme EX and VX.
Another interesting thing is that there are no Dicor's available for a test drive anywhere in the NCR. The only ones that "may" be offered for an "inspection" are the ones that come for service.
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:43   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
And the disappointment among prospective buyers could not be more evident from the fact that after the initial Tata bashing ( a well deserved one) , there has not been a single post in this thread for the past 24 hours. May be users are just checking the thread for any update about the reduced pricing now (hoping against hopes)
True. I visited this thread a number of times today to see if there is any new information that negate all the facts posted in earlier pages. For me, this is like a nightmare coming true. Now I am sure I will not own a Safari in near future, or perhaps ever.
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:47   #634
BHPian

Exclamation re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Since we have created lot of hopes, it created a negative effect. (Not speaking for LX 15" wheels though).
When compared to the current EX available the new EX is little better (we might not get the discounts now :( ). and VX as well. Was waiting for facelift, don't want to by a outgoing machine when the facelift is nearby.

On checking with KHT in Bangalore, they are hoping to get Test Vehicles to reach the store before end of April'15. And Launch in May first/second week.
Hopefully, the ride quality and niggles are fixed.
Old 24th April 2015, 01:41   #635
Senior - BHPian

For years I've been a Tata Motors fan, keeping track about developments, I often engaged with the forum & at times even the company heads. Although I now still try the same, I don't see the passion that used to be even before Karl was heading them.

I'm not any extremely talented technical guy, but when I met Karl Slym to propose what their next car should have, it felt asif "This guy can & will put in all the effort he can to give us the car we're all looking for AND he'll take Tata Motors to the heights it deserves to be".

And did we not then see the Zest ? & the Revotron !

With the Storme, they first slashed off the music system from the lower variants. Then even the higher variants didn't get it. Later it was the leather seats that were discontinued even from the top variants.

Now, apart from the jump seats, they've seemed to've taken the exteme step of providing only drum brakes for the rear wheels & even stripped such a heavy beast off of ABS!

I've been holding myself since quite abit, but it seems that the company has changed its approach. They themselves semi-killed the Bolt with that unnecessary pricing disaster!

Such developments make me feel that the accountants have taken control of the decisions on even the variant specifications!

I wonder if those days are gone when I used to believe that atleast at Tata Motors, I'll get a decent product at the right price, yes maybe it may have a glitch or two, but it'll be a good car overall.

Seems the truly passionate businessmen have left Bombay House & the finance managers have taken over. Can't say I never expected that part, considering Cyrus Mistry now looks over Tata Motors.
GrammarNazi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 12:33   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
With the Storme, they first slashed off the music system from the lower variants. Then even the higher variants didn't get it. Later it was the leather seats that were discontinued even from the top variants.

Now, apart from the jump seats, they've seemed to've taken the exteme step of providing only drum brakes for the rear wheels & even stripped such a heavy beast off of ABS!

Such developments make me feel that the accountants have taken control of the decisions on even the variant specifications!

Seems the truly passionate businessmen have left Bombay House & the finance managers have taken over. Can't say I never expected that part, considering Cyrus Mistry now looks over Tata Motors.
You've perfectly summarized, what I can safely assume, is the general sentiment towards TM. As a Storme buyer, I myself was very disappointed just from a simple fact that even in the mid variant, even the music system is not part of standard equipment. Wouldn't matter if I would upgrade it in the month itself, but a blank slot in a car of 13 lacs it's insulting to say the least. ESPECIALLY, the competitors offerings are anyways by default offering over and above even what the top end Storme offers.

People have stopped listening to what the customer whats, instead 'cost cutting' seems to the name of the game.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:38   #637
BHPian

In India,Tata Motors is running in loss,but JLR operation is bringing in more profit to offset it. Probably,that is the reason Tata is not much enthusiastic in bringing in logically priced new products under its Indian operations. As it is,they were never reputed for quality of fit and finish,but from the comments we see here,it seems they have gone from bad to worse.They have an wonderful product,Storme. If proper quality is given with value for money features,they could have an winner.At least someone senior and responsible,from Tata Motors should go through the feedback posted in Team BHP.
Old 24th April 2015, 13:48   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
You've perfectly summarized, what I can safely assume, is the general sentiment towards TM. As a Storme buyer, I myself was very disappointed just from a simple fact that even in the mid variant, even the music system is not part of standard equipment. Wouldn't matter if I would upgrade it in the month itself, but a blank slot in a car of 13 lacs it's insulting to say the least. ESPECIALLY, the competitors offerings are anyways by default offering over and above even what the top end Storme offers.

People have stopped listening to what the customer whats, instead 'cost cutting' seems to the name of the game.
Why are we assuming that the mid variant will not have a music system? The product brochures on this thread clearly mention that both EX and VX get the Connectnext music system. Only the LX comes without it.
Old 24th April 2015, 14:57   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Why are we assuming that the mid variant will not have a music system? The product brochures on this thread clearly mention that both EX and VX get the Connectnext music system. Only the LX comes without it.
Perhaps I was not clear, I was implying my current Storme EX came without one (as was GrammarNazi mentioning the cost cuttings in the current Storme).
Old 24th April 2015, 17:59   #640
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

When Tata removed features like leather seats, luggage holding net from the rear etc. in the current Storme VX, I feel they did not reduce the price proportionately. In fact when my colleague bought the VX we knew that the VX was not really value for money for the additional things they were offering. The VX currently has dual air bags, alloy wheels, powered rear ORVM, reverse guide sensors, one extra power socket at the rear, chrome covers for the ORVM over the EX model and the ex-showroom difference is Rs. 157013 in Pune between the EX and the VX. I certainly feel that for the features provided this price difference is not justified. I hope they do not do the same thing with the refreshed storme and make this price gap a justfiable one for the extra features provided.

I regularly travel in my friend's Storme. Both of my friends who bought the Storme have completed one year. They only had the dampers (part of the suspension) replaced under warranty. No other issues. One has completed nearly 26k km and the other 10k km. The ride comfort and space is really unparalleled. And the drive always brings a smile to their faces. The turning radius is also superb since we have to take a U-turn every time we go to the office and it simply amazes other car users. Both were very skeptical of TATA before taking the plunge. Yes, it does not have a lot of features that others in its class have, but yet I think the Storme has its own class and charm that you will not find in the other vehicles.

The only gripe that I have is about the grab handles. As mentioned in the official Team-Bhp review, they are very poorly designed and provides a very uncomfortable grip. I hope they have taken care of it in the facelifted Storme.
pjbiju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 15:28   #641
Senior - BHPian

I was in the vicinity of the Tata Motors Showroom in Noida so decided to drop in. I met the Sales Advisor who has undergone the training for the new Storme and he was able to update me on the refreshed Storme. The EX gets the new steering wheel with audio control as well as the new HK audio system. However, it will still continue to be sold without Airbags.

The changes are in the new interiors, ICE, the engine, foldable key and the foldable OVRM's. The VX will not have the leather upholstery (this was dropped on the current variant as well recently) and no Cruise Control. It will continue to have two airbags . The ABS is 8th gen system from Bosch. The new car will get a service interval of 10 K KM but will require oill change only at 20 K KM. ( this may mean fully synthetic oil, something the Sales Advisor was not very confident about)

The launch of the Storme has been delayed due to the lauch of the Nano with the AMT which is expected to happen next week.
rajneeesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 14:32   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The ABS is 8th gen system from Bosch.
The existing Storme is already running V8.1 so no changes there I guess
Old 27th April 2015, 15:28   #643
BHPian

Dropped in at the Pandit Automotive showroom in Pune on a whim to check if the new Safari had landed. It has not. As Rajaneeesh mentions, it is supposed to come in the first week of May.

Spoke to SA about the new features after reading through this thread. At the end of our discussion he says to me in a low voice, "This model is only little more than a facelift. A new overhauled version might come in the next year, so if you are not in a hurry, I suggest wait it out."

I don't know what to make of it, but when the beast does come, I am planning a test ride.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:00   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
So here it comes: 2015 Tata Safari Facelift Starts At Rs. 9.99 Lakhs for the entry level LX variant (ex-showroom, Delhi).
BTW, looks like only LX will retain Black + Beige interiors and rest all are completely black
The Headl
amps are now Projector with PES Ring. Any clue what this ring is? is it Angel eye like BMW? I doubt though
Rajismine, whether you have got the information from some authentic source?
Old 28th April 2015, 11:50   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgesh View Post
Rajismine, whether you have got the information from some authentic source?
The source was authentic but who can say anything about these things. And in any case, one can buy only after the official communication is out :-)
For the Dual tone interiors and PES rings - its right there in that broucher :-)
Closed Thread