Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2015, 16:52   #736
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

TD cars are generally Urban bronze or white. Since you are going in for Silver, you should be OK. However, tell the dealership that you will drop in to inspect the car every day till they deliver it (not that you need to go ). that will keep their hands off. Or just take a piece that is fresh off the truck.
Old 21st May 2015, 18:05   #737
BHPian

take a permanent market and draw something on the tyre surface...if its there during delivery then it was not driven much ROFL :-). Good luck with your purchase
Old 21st May 2015, 20:35   #738

I think dealers in Delhi have already started deliveries. At least that's what the SA told me.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:42   #739
BHPian

Here's another classic TM goof up in the making. Bookings have been accepted. Some deliveries have been made. But TM has not officially communicated the launch. The website also has nothing on the upgrade.

Neither have test drive vehicles arrived! There are people like me waiting to buy the vehicle. However I would want one short test drive at least!

When will they learn? When will they grow up?
KrishD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 15:21   #740
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
Here's another classic TM goof up in the making. Bookings have been accepted. Some deliveries have been made. But TM has not officially communicated the launch. The website also has nothing on the upgrade.

Neither have test drive vehicles arrived! There are people like me waiting to buy the vehicle. However I would want one short test drive at least!

When will they learn? When will they grow up?
Well, despite all these goof ups we continue to worship their product blindly which gives them no reason to improve their offering. As much as I hate saying this, I believe it is time for us all to move on from our Safari tryst. I'm sure we'll find more deserving car companies for our hard earned cash, who value the loyalty of their customers.
param22k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:58   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Well, despite all these goof ups we continue to worship their product blindly which gives them no reason to improve their offering. As much as I hate saying this, I believe it is time for us all to move on from our Safari tryst. I'm sure we'll find more deserving car companies for our hard earned cash, who value the loyalty of their customers.
Except that at this price point there is NOTHING in the market that gives you what the Storme does. Hence the loyalty towards Safari. It is a cult car......No two ways about it.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 18:13   #742
BHPian

I some what agree with you but dont u think Tata guys should wake up from the slumber. High time they start considering the need of the dynamic market. They cant afford to back on the 'cult' factor for ever.
Old 23rd May 2015, 18:49   #743
BHPian

Will there be any official Team-BHP review? The clutch has been changed and 15" wheels will definitely alter the driving experience. Also in cabin quality seems to have gone down.
Old 23rd May 2015, 19:10   #744
BHPian

The thread title now says "Now Launched". I checked the safari website and still see old Storme.Anyone has more Launch details?
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:37   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Will there be any official Team-BHP review? The clutch has been changed and 15" wheels will definitely alter the driving experience. Also in cabin quality seems to have gone down.
That's only the Lx model. The Ex and Vx may not disappoint you so much. They come with larger wheels.
But yes, looking forward to the team-bhp review for sure.
Old 26th May 2015, 09:27   #746
BHPian

Still no news of the face lift?I mean at least i havent heard anything or seen anything officially? And also no team-bhp review either!

Common TaMO now that even XUV5oo is launched , its prices out what is stopping you further

Last edited by rosaf : 26th May 2015 at 09:28. Reason: tam to team
Old 26th May 2015, 10:08   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Still no news of the face lift?I mean at least i havent heard anything or seen anything officially? And also no team-bhp review either!

Common TaMO now that even XUV5oo is launched , its prices out what is stopping you further
It seems they will launch it sooner now. xbox360 claims that his refreshed storm will be delivered tomorrow in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3715560 (Tata Safari Storme : Official Review)

Anyways, it is too late and too little. Those who can understand, there is a line in urdu by Mirza Ghalib: "Aah ko chahiye ek umra asar hone ko, kaun jeeta hai teri zulf ke sar hone tak!
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 15:22   #748
BHPian

This Autocar article sums up the situation. Cars are being delivered, but the company's website still has the old Storme and there's not even been a press event!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-395272.aspx

It looks like the showrooms want to sell the car while the marketing boys dont want to!

I read somewhere that there was supposed to be viral campaign - #AStormeiscoming. Looks like, for the marketing boys, the storm is still on its way, while for the Showroom salespeople, it's come!
KrishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 20:03   #749
BHPian

Or may be looking at the massive launch of the new xuv with substantial overall improvements and a top of the line luxurious variant, tata people are too embarrassed to call these minor changes a 'facelift' in front of the media
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 20:41   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Or may be looking at the massive launch of the new xuv with substantial overall improvements and a top of the line luxurious variant, tata people are too embarrassed to call these minor changes a 'facelift' in front of the media
I was thinking about it too. When their competitor has announced a face-lift with a lot of new features added to their car, how can TML even call it a "face-lift" considering the fact that they haven't done anything good to the car. They would have decided to silently launch it and wait for people to come and buy it. It is not a chart topper anyway. Whatever they sell now, sells because someone or the other wants a "Safari". They will still come to the showroom even if they do not know about a Storme with a new front grill and black interiors. I think Tata should stop selling the current generation Indica, Indigo, Safari and Aria. For me, they are dead. Only thing these cars can do to Tata is to spoil their reputation (whatever is left of it). I am not saying that Aria and Storme are bad cars. They are very capable and ahead of it's competition in many ways. But sadly, they do not sell at all. They should accept it and move on.
Closed Thread