Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2015, 17:10   #211
BHPian

Default re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

As per ET news, Maruti Suzuki India, has registered brand name Vitara Brezza for their new SUV which is expected to be launched around March 2016. It is likely to be powered by 1.3-litre diesel engine and would be priced between Rs 7.5-11 lakhs (on-road). This is claimed to rival Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano.

Now what about S Cross. I thought it was the big launch to rival these SUVs, but have read a report which says that S Cross will rival i20 Active and other cross overs like Fiat Avventura and Toyota's Etios Cross.

Am confused.
Old 28th March 2015, 19:32   #212
Senior - BHPian

Has Maruti Suzuki given up onthe plan to launch the S Cross this year. There is hardly any news on this model while we are getting some snippets on the mini CUV to be launched by MSIL later this year. With Hyundai getting ready with the IX25 launch in August , is MSIL playing the waiting game?
Old 28th March 2015, 22:31   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Has Maruti Suzuki given up onthe plan to launch the S Cross this year. There is hardly any news on this model while we are getting some snippets on the mini CUV to be launched by MSIL later this year. With Hyundai getting ready with the IX25 launch in August , is MSIL playing the waiting game?
There doesn't seem to be any hurry to launch the model. I guess figuring out localization of the larger multijet motor is first priority. This is a car that is meant to battle it out against the Duster, Yeti etc. and there is no rush to launch a product in that segment. IX25 would only threaten the Suzuki YBA which isn't slated for launch this year anyway.
Old 29th March 2015, 01:15   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
...IX25 would only threaten the Suzuki YBA which isn't slated for launch this year anyway.
You may have got it wrong. Hyundai has Elite i20 pitch against YBA. And i20 Active should take care of all the "crosses" out there. So ix25 will definitely be pitched against the Duster / Terrano & S-Cross. It (ix25) just can NOT compete against the sub 4 SUVs because of a 1.6L engine & above 4m length. Maruti waiting for Hyundai to announce the prices is a good strategy. Hyundai has the midas touch and Maruti better price the S-Cross very close to the ix25 prices. Very high price (from the ix25) will only make Hyundai's work easy.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th March 2015 at 01:17.
Old 29th March 2015, 08:41   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Scoop! Maruti SX4 S-Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You may have got it wrong. Hyundai has Elite i20 pitch against YBA.

YRA, you mean? That's the competition for Elite i20.

YBA doesn't have a direct competitor from Hyundai. However, they would be hoping to attack both Ecosport and YBA with the base models of the ix25. And S-Cross, Duster etc with the higher variants. Ideally it is direct S-cross competition in terms of size and tax bracket.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th March 2015 at 08:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 21:49   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
YRA, you mean? That's the competition for Elite i20...
Yep - names mixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
...YBA doesn't have a direct competitor from Hyundai. However, they would be hoping to attack both Ecosport and YBA with the base models of the ix25. And S-Cross, Duster etc with the higher variants. Ideally it is direct S-cross competition in terms of size and tax bracket.
Most probably! The base version of ix25 might be pitched against the top most variants of YBA / Exosport. But then, it's hardly in the same bracket. I prefer to buy the top most variant of any (lower segment) model than a base model of (higher segment) another (overlapping coming into play) unless the base variant has good safety features.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th March 2015 at 21:50.
Old 29th March 2015, 23:25   #217
BHPian

S-Cross is coming up with the 1.3 multijet motor first (probably around the second half of year), and the 1.6 MJD will be launched later this year or early next year.

Source: A mid level management person from MSIL. (Name can not be revealed)
v_safari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 02:51   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
S-Cross is coming up with the 1.3 multijet motor first (probably around the second half of year), and the 1.6 MJD will be launched later this year or early next year.

Source: A mid level management person from MSIL. (Name can not be revealed)
Oh dear, not again! When will this 1.3 litre saga end? Thanks for the heads up! One vehicle less to look forward to in the "2015 prospective launches" list.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 20:57   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross gets ready to be launched in Brazil. India launch next.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukiscross1.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukiscross2.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukiscross6.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
The Suzuki S-Cross is the successor to the SX4 and will reach the domestic market with prices starting from 75,000. As a differential, the model has 1.6 engine 120 hp and 15.5 lb-ft, and has manual or CVT versions simulation seven gears and all-wheel drive option.
Suzuki S-Cross aims to be the best-selling Japanese brand and comes standard with six airbags, ESP, TCS, daytime LEDs, rain and twilight sensor, bi-xenon headlights, power sunroof, among others.

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.b...-de-comercial/
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 11:50   #220
BHPian

From the pics, it looks like the vehicle has decent ground clearance.
Or is it because of the angle at which the photo is taken? any which way, it looks bigger than the 170mm mentioned in previous reports.
anybody for a wild guess?
Old 7th April 2015, 12:11   #221
BHPian

Couple of days back when I was riding down from Coimbatore to Bangalore, I spotted Maruti SX4 S Cross (I think so) near Krishnagiri. The car was fully covered (2 cars).

These 2 cars were numbered as 1 and 2 followed by Renault duster numbered as 3 and Ford Ecosport numbered as 4.

I think the road test was something to compare with its rivalries in the same segment. These cars were just zooming past me and further I was riding on a bike, so I could not take a pic.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:13   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Or is it because of the angle at which the photo is taken? any which way, it looks bigger than the 170mm mentioned in previous reports.
anybody for a wild guess?
It is the way the clicks have been taken as you mentioned.
Few days back , i had checked the Suzuki Australia website where they have launched similar model S Cross as is expected in India.
It has two variants, the GL variant comes with 170 mm clearance where as the GLX variant (including AWD) is with 165 mm ground clearance.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 12:18   #223
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Maruti, if this is competing against the Duster's and EcoSports and at those price ranges, you are in for some failure, because it will be obviously be priced above the Swift and above the Ik2, so that takes it in some really high end territory for Maruti as hatch/crossover and this definitely is not SUV material and Duster is and the ECO sport too somewhat is.

Last edited by humyum : 7th April 2015 at 12:20.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:28   #224
BHPian

165mm will be less than what some of the sedans offer.

Don't know why they are calling it a crossover with such meagre ground clearance.

It would be sensible for msl if they at least maintain the gc of outgoing sx4
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 12:28   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post

Globally for the tyre options, here are the GC.

GC -170 mm (205 / 60R16) and 165 mm(205 / 50R17)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread