Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2015, 11:35   #286
BHPian

Default re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad-hatter 1.6 diesel Swift hooning around Manesar.

Cars I wish the 1.6 makes way into: Ciaz, Swift, Ertiga and maybe the YRA (surprise us, Maruti!)
It would be really awesome if Maruti launches a limited edition Swift with this 1.6 MJD...may be only 1600 units.

Any idea how will be the A-cross 1.6 positioned vis-a-vis Ciaz? Anything above Ciaz seems no maruti territory for now at least. I am keen on on A-cross except its dashboard which I feel is bland compared to current gen Swift, Ertiga & Ciaz.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 12:17   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Fiat is cooking up its own big attempt at luring the market.
Good to hear. It was almost as if their marketing team lost all interest in promoting the products after they launched the Punto and Linea. Also, even if they enter the D1 segment, I doubt they'll be able to bring in volumes. Anyways, let's hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Any idea how will be the A-cross 1.6 positioned vis-a-vis Ciaz? Anything above Ciaz seems no maruti territory for now at least. I am keen on on A-cross except its dashboard which I feel is bland compared to current gen Swift, Ertiga & Ciaz.

My best guess is they shall be almost on par. Different target audience for both cars, both won't mind spending for what they get.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 5th May 2015, 12:37   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Any idea how will be the A-cross 1.6 positioned vis-a-vis Ciaz? A.
Just a speculation and here is my take on its pricing.
ACross could start at ~7.5 lakhs ( base petrol), and 8.2 L ( base variant- diesel)
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 13:49   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Just a speculation and here is my take on its pricing.
ACross could start at ~7.5 lakhs ( base petrol), and 8.2 L ( base variant- diesel)
Falls almost in line with my assumption. Good for Maruti if it comes true.
Old 5th May 2015, 14:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Fiat is cooking up its own big attempt at luring the market. .............
and I hear that the Linea will soon be pulled from the market and Fiat will be entering the D1 segment with the Viaggio this will certainly employ bigger engines. So no need to worry about Fiat's plans folks
That is their specialty, cooking (forever). It's beyond time now that Fiat stops cooking and think about serving what they were/are cooking. By the time their dishes are out, the customer usually has moved over to other cuisines/preferences.. That's Fiat's story in India.

They're lucky now as Maruti's diesel engines are delayed and they will likely continue to source diesel engines from Fiat until 2018 (if I read Autocar India's update on this, right). It's like Fiat is selling their 'recipe' to those who're liking the flavor now. Their core business. Once the flavor is lost with the recipe buyers, it will be interesting to see how the brand sustains.

Before any grand Viaggio plans, let Fiat first put the 1.6/1.5 Mjd in the Linea and sell it. Many, many people have desperately waited for it and have started moving on to other (good) choices in the market, often frustrated.

And you're right, we shouldn't worry about Fiat's plans. They hardly do themselves.

- end of rant from one such frustrated soul.
Old 10th May 2015, 20:41   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

5 Crossovers tested -Renegade, 500X, Juke, Soul and S-Cross in Italy!

Impressive S Cross - rated the winner.

http://www.alvolante.it/news/video-p...41027#comments

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th May 2015 at 20:42.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 16:11   #292
BHPian

Thank you for sharing the link. I have been eagerly waiting for this crossover since December now. While the wait gets longer and longer, comparisons like these makes me hold back my horses and stay put for the fine day when it would finally be launched.
As someone reported earlier, Suzuki has imported some 1500 of 1.6 ltr units so far, which is both exciting and worrisome. Considering that they have 900+ dealers across 650+ towns, it’s safe to assume there would be at least 300 demo vehicles. Meaning – only 1200 of these would be made to be sold in the first lot, unless Suzuki imports more units over the next few weeks or start assembling these locally.

I do hope that the wait is well worth it.
Old 16th May 2015, 10:20   #293
BHPian

there is a comparison between dacia duster and Suzuki S-Scross, both in similar 1.5 and 1.6 litre diesel engines, as in India ( rumored for S-Cross). Though I didn't the language but seems in terms of space and interiors S-Cross would be a little bigger and better, but in terms of ride and handling, Duster would be ahead. In terms of off-roading both seemed similar. here is the link:
jha.shailesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 19:22   #294
Senior - BHPian

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobi...p/sx4_s-cross/

The debate is not going to be whether this product will get huge bookings; that is given for sure.

The debate is what will happen to Duster/Terrano/Ecosport?

Though i suspect Ecosport will be least affected owing to the price benefits accrued to it by the 4m/1.5L rule.
Old 16th May 2015, 19:30   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The debate is not going to be whether this product will get huge bookings; that is given for sure.
Actually Maruti is not expecting the ACross to get volumes as in the 'Maruti way' but moderate success given that this will tread in the 10+ Lakh range.

The Across is a forerunner to the launch of its CUV's and the next launch the 'Vitara Brezza' could blow away the competition.
Old 16th May 2015, 20:35   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
http://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobi...p/sx4_s-cross/

The debate is what will happen to Duster/Terrano/Ecosport?

Though i suspect Ecosport will be least affected owing to the price benefits accrued to it by the 4m/1.5L rule.
If the there is something that Ford should worry, it wont be the Across, but the CUV. Across will be placed higher and is a crossover not a compact SUV.

Regarding the sales performance of this car, MSIL is on a slow progress towards higher segments, which earlier it had failed. Nobody believed that they would do good numbers with the Ertiga as the Dzire looked to be the upper limit. Then same repeated with Ciaz since they felt Ertiga was upper limit. Since the Across will not be a giant leap in terms of pricing, it will see some decent numbers.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 22:47   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti continues to import the 1.6MJD for its its upcoming ACross. Imports 474 engines in May ( so far) and 1974 engines till date.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-presentation1.jpg

Source: Zauba

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th May 2015 at 22:48.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 13:51   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross in China to get the 1.4l turbo petrol by 3rd Quarter of 2015.

Timing seems appropriate for the ACross too - will it come with the 1.4 L turbo petrol? Spy shots shown were only of the 1.6 Diesel?

When the 1.6-liter petrol makes 120 PS and 156 Nm of torque, the 1.4-liter Boosterjet is reported to produce 136 PS and 220 Nm of torque.

Will Maruti re-power their existing range here need to be seen.

Quote:
Compared to the naturally-aspirated 1.6-liter petrol engine that powers the S-Cross in the European market, the 1.4-liter Boosterjet will produce better power and torque, while minimizing fuel consumption. Thanks to a new compact design and direct injection technology, the Boosterjet engine family (a 1.0-liter Boosterjet engine was showcased at the Geneva Motor Show this year) would slowly find their way on more Suzuki models.
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/s...+Autos+blog%29

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2015 at 14:10.
Old 26th May 2015, 14:07   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross in China to get the 1.4l turbo petrol by year end.

When the 1.6-liter petrol makes 120 PS and 156 Nm of torque, the 1.4-liter Boosterjet is reported to produce 136 PS and 220 Nm of torque.

Will Maruti re-power their existing range here need to be seen?
Maruti certainly needs the 1.4 in S-Cross and Ertiga as well, not to mention the Ciaz. If they want to keep it only for the 'premium' products, they might skip the Ertiga.

But they certainly need to get on the Turbo Petrol bandwagon. The figures are superb and it will certainly boost their chances of selling petrol variants.

For once I hope they get the technology into India as soon as it is launched and not wait for a couple of years to pass by.
Old 29th May 2015, 08:31   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

S cross to be unveiled soon. Promotions to kick start in the first week of June in IIFA 2015 -Malaysia - A possible July Launch can be expected.

Quote:
S-CROSS is the new Premium Crossover from Maruti Suzuki, coming soon, and will be revealed to the audience on the IIFA Awards stage.
Quote:
The S-CROSS IIFA AWARDS will be anchored by the “Gunday” duo Ranveer Singh and ArjunKapoor and promises to be complete with mischief, humour and repartee that will have the audience in splits - June 7th
Quote:
With a viewership of almost 800 million, the IIFA Awards are India’s biggest media event and also among the world’s most-watched annual entertainment events.
http://spotlifeasia.com/

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2015 at 08:52.
Closed Thread