Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2015, 17:31   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

I see cruise control there? Looks interesting. Guess it will be a superb replacement for our SX4. I would have preferred a different ICE setup instead of the smartplay. Not a fan of the one offered in the Ciaz. That console looks too plain.

The handbrake is still oriented for LHD markets. Not sure how Maruti could leave it as it is.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd June 2015 at 17:33.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:43   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I see cruise control there?
Yep, looks like the same steering offered in Malaysia.

Another pic of it from Paultan:

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukisx4scrossinmalaysiainterior.jpg

There's another variant of the steering in the S Cross:

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukisx4scrossdualtoneinterior.jpg
Source: Google Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2015 at 19:08. Reason: Corrected source IAB > Paultan
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:48   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The handbrake is still oriented for LHD markets. Not sure how Maruti could leave it as it is.
what a nonsense! How can an RHD driver handle it without paining his shoulder?
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:23   #349
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

When my wife watches the IIFA awards, I usually sneer at her...But this time, I will be keenly watching it along with her :-)
This is a car that I have been waiting for a long time. Hope it will not be a disappointment like my wait for Honda Jazz few years back !

Edit : Oops sorry, IIFA event is associated with S Cross. Of course, I want to watch that too before making my choice of new car. Creta, S Cross or good old Duster.

Last edited by Revy : 3rd June 2015 at 18:28.
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:52   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yep, looks like the same steering offered in Malaysia.

Another pic of it from IAB:
So we shall be getting the one without speed limiter. But good enough, looks like Maruti is finally stepping out of a thick cocoon and providing better equipment by the day. And that head unit shown in the Malaysian car is just what I would have liked. Sadly we have the plain screen thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
what a nonsense! How can an RHD driver handle it without paining his shoulder?
It wouldn't be painful as long as you don't drive the car using handbrakes, but definitely an issue when there are bottles in the holder and we need to engage the handbrake. And more than a problem if we have kids sitting beside us.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:59   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It wouldn't be painful as long as you don't drive the car using handbrakes, but definitely an issue when there are bottles in the holder and we need to engage the handbrake. And more than a problem if we have kids sitting beside us.
Pulling the handbrake upwards just once from a farther location like this is more than enough for building shoulder / back pain, IMO.
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:09   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pulling the handbrake upwards just once from a farther location like this is more than enough for building shoulder / back pain, IMO.
You are stretching the hand/pain too far
From the pictures, the handbrake is a just a few inches away from the centre,
Now don't tell me that stretching your hand for a few inches causes shoulder/back pain;
In that case you should not be taking tight turns in your car as well.
akshay4587 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:05   #353
BHPian

Quote:

Parking brake is not operated so often and positioning it few inches away shall not have such detrimental effect on one's shoulder or back.

I have seen many people who tends to change audio (FM) channels while driving in cars without audio control buttons on steering wheel which I feel causes more strain on your arm than pulling a parking brake.
utsav1303 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 02:40   #354
BHPian

Quote:
This is an ergonomic fail and something that is not expected from a company like Maruti Suzuki. Having the bottle holder between the handbrake and driver is even more

Quote:
It wouldn't be painful as long as you don't drive the car using handbrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
You are stretching the hand/pain too far
From the pictures, the handbrake is a just a few inches away from the centre,
Now don't tell me that stretching your hand for a few inches causes shoulder/back pain
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsav1303 View Post
Parking brake is not operated so often and positioning it few inches away shall not have such detrimental effect on one's shoulder or back.
Why are we so "ready to adjust" and forgiving here? Is it because it is a Maruti?? I am someone who believe that "If you sell a product here, it should be designed for us". That is why I hate European cars that retain the position of control stalks designed for European cars. If they are not ready to make a design change to suit the local market, how committed are they to us? Can a Honda or a Toyota afford to do this in the US or Europe? They would never be as forgiving - the product WILL be a failure.

It has been our forgiving attitude that has made it easy for the manufacturers to cut cost in even these bare-basics. Had we rejected the European cars for not designing for us, and gave them a proper feedback, they would never have continued doing the same. Sorry Mods if this went But as a customer - who pays money - we should demand what is due for us. Jaago Grahak Jaago!!!
Old 4th June 2015, 04:36   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
This is an ergonomic fail and something that is not expected from a company like Maruti Suzuki. ...Can a Honda or a Toyota afford to do this in the US or Europe? .... Jaago Grahak Jaago!!!
Too much have said about this ergonomic failure by many people on this forum. I am driving Lexus IS220d in UK from past few years and let me tell you that the placement of the handbrake is exactly what you see in the S-Cross. And I have never faced any problem in using it. In fact I like it this way more as it perfect position with the arm rest. You don't have to stretch as most members are predicting. There are many cars in UK with handbrake position towards the passenger side and they are not FLOP cars
Nowadays cars come with button rather than the handbrake lever. You might argue that it is huge risk as Kids might press that button and what not. But then again kids are supposed to be in car seat not near to driver.

RHD

LHD

Last edited by erohit : 4th June 2015 at 04:38.
erohit is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 07:07   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is an ergonomic fail and something that is not expected from a company like Maruti Suzuki. Having the bottle holder between the handbrake and driver is even more

Why are we so "ready to adjust" and forgiving here? Is it because it is a Maruti?? I am someone who believe that "If you sell a product here, it should be designed for us". That is why I hate European cars that retain the position of control stalks designed for European cars. If they are not ready to make a design change to suit the local market, how committed are they to us? Can a Honda or a Toyota afford to do this in the US or Europe? They would never be as forgiving - the product WILL be a failure.
!!!
I guess picking on the issue has been done in enough places in this forum itself regarding LHD and RHD adaptation and various flaws in it. But calling it an ergonomic fail is maybe an exaggerated expression. Technically, the hand brake lever is four inches away from where it should actually be. But should I not buy this car just because it is so?

NO. It's not something to do with forgiving. It's just giving weightage to different factors while buying the car. I guess others also base decisions on the same idea. Honestly, though I was quick enough to spot it here, I don't feel personally that it would create a huge problem.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 08:14   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Too much have said about this ergonomic failure by many people on this forum. [/IMG]
Nowadays it seems to be a fad here with such comments. If you like a car or brand we go all out and defend it but if not such minute non existent issues are discussed at length since the brand is disliked!
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 10:23   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Too much have said about this ergonomic failure by many people on this forum.
Quote:
I guess picking on the issue has been done in enough places in this forum itself regarding LHD and RHD adaptation and various flaws in it. But calling it an ergonomic fail is maybe an exaggerated expression.
Alright, calling it an ergonomic fail was probably an over-statement. But I still, frankly feel it is not in the right position. My main point here was the reluctance of manufacturers to adapt to the RHD style in India by reusing various LHD components. S-Cross hand brake placement is definitely one such instance and I felt I should bring it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nowadays it seems to be a fad here with such comments. If you like a car or brand we go all out and defend it but if not such minute non existent issues are discussed at length since the brand is disliked!
No Volkman, as a matter of fact, I do not dislike any brand and Maruti in particulart - we own a Dzire and are very happy with it. Maruti products will always be in contention, if they have a product to offer in the segment we are planning to buy a car. And I never intend to defend or attack any brand - there are positives and negatives in every brand and I post what I honestly feel about each.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:00   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross base variant seen with roof carrier.

Is it that this variant is available exclusively for fleet operators? Will this come only in the 1.3DDIS variant - Guess this can only be answered at launch.

Name:  Marutiscrossbasevariant700x357.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  59.4 KB

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-s-cross...arrier-401305/

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2015 at 14:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:06   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why are we so "ready to adjust" and forgiving here? Is it because it is a Maruti?? I am someone who believe that "If you sell a product here, it should be designed for us".
Calm down mate I drive a Kizashi and it is the same case with the handbrake. While it did take some getting used to in the first month of ownership, I honestly like its placement now; since I plonk my phone, smokes etc. in the cup holders and they are easier to access for me I've been on several roadtrips and never found its placement a trouble. You aren't really supposed to put big bottles there anyway they are cup-holders. Forget operating the handbrake, shifting gears itself will become a pain if you go and plonk large bottles there

It is not really forgiveness. I just don't find the need to have a blind sense of entitlement like you do. Simple.
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread