Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th July 2015, 23:34   #961
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Now with the news that Creta base petrol will be priced around 7.99 ex-showroom delhi, my feeling is that scross 1.3diesel will be pricrd around the same.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:37   #962
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think MSIL is going to undercut the pricing of Creta by a significant margin with 1.3 MJD.
1.6 will still find its takers. But what would be curios to watch would be how the 1.3 MJD holds against the top end 1.5 Jazz iDtech! If that goes below Jazz, then Jazz again can be a "dead on arrival case" !

Quote:
Though, I am not sure whether the S-Cross 1.3 MJD can slot below the Jazz. Firstly, its got a lot more car in it compared to the Honda and secondly, where will that leave the YRA?
Agreed. But its a nice conundrum! Because based on Creta 1.4 pricing strategy S-Crossed can potentially come lower, especially below the 1.5 Jazz top end. And in case the 1.3 top end is any close; or same or lower to Jazz 1.5 top end, I am sure, the Jazz market can get fragmented. Not to mention the Creta 1.4.

Last edited by ampere : 14th July 2015 at 23:50.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:43   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
1.6 will still find its takers. But what would be curios to watch would be how the 1.3 MJD holds against the top end 1.5 Jazz iDtech! If that goes below Jazz, then Jazz again can be a "dead on arrival case" !
For sure the 1.6 will find takers. So far, it looks great! All-Grip would have made it stellar!

Though, I am not sure whether the S-Cross 1.3 MJD can slot below the Jazz. Firstly, its got a lot more car in it compared to the Honda and secondly, where will that leave the YRA?
Old 14th July 2015, 23:50   #964
BHPian

As per Nexa executives, the 1.6 will be hitting their yards 3-4 weeks after the 1.3 delivery ie by end August 2015. According to them 90% of bookings are for the 1.3 MJD. Would love to see the in gear acceleration times of the 1.3 and 1.6.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:51   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Quote:
If there are 10 cars sold, 3 or 4 initially would be 1.6 out of them.

People who are upgrading from a Dzire/Ritz/Swift DDiS will not be going to the DDiS 200 unless they have budget constraints. Many will go for the DDiS 320 (Again chances of becoming the 'National Engine 2').\

Regarding the pricing, I am expecting it to start at 8L for the DDiS 200 base variant and going upto 12L for the DDiS 320 Top-end.

I guess the YRA will be sold through the regular dealership rather than Nexa (Correct me if I am wrong). Maruti will not be bothered with product overlap. They are happy as long as the customer is in either of the showrooms.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 00:00   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The USPs are a typical case of misleading marketing.

They've used the torque figures from the more powerful engine option, and the FE figures from the less powerful but more efficient option.
It's outright lying. They would've been sued for this in any other country. I guess they will get away with it in India, unless one of the other manufacturers take action.
Old 15th July 2015, 02:05   #967
BHPian

All of a sudden S-Cross 1.3 has become an interesting option - at least for me

After the Jazz pricing fiasco, I am starting to look around for more options. I am sure the Creta 1.6 and S-Cross 1.6 will be way out of my budget. But with talks of S-Cross 1.3 to be almost on par with or slightly above Jazz VX, I might think of looking at one. While I am very particular of my car being the top-end model with all features, I can probably compromise on the engine option as most of my drive will be in City. It would have been sweet to have the 1.4 petrol from Ciaz also in the S-Cross. Eagerly waiting for the pricing now.

I do not mind the looks unless it is too bad or boring. S-Cross is not exciting to look at but it not offensive either - I can live with it. Features are pretty good and pretty close to what the Creta offers. Handling and steering feel are areas where I am pretty confident with the Maruti than the Hyundai. Let us see how the pricing holds up - at the end of the day, it something that matters the most.
Vigkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 08:03   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess the YRA will be sold through the regular dealership rather than Nexa (Correct me if I am wrong).
As told by the RM's at Nexa, their line up will be - S Cross will be the first , YRA will come next then YBA and New Vitara ( TBD/2017 ?).

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th July 2015 at 08:05.
Old 15th July 2015, 08:07   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
People who are upgrading from a Dzire/Ritz/Swift DDiS will not be going to the DDiS 200 unless they have budget constraints. Many will go for the DDiS 320 (Again chances of becoming the 'National Engine 2')....
I guess the YRA will be sold through the regular dealership rather than Nexa (Correct me if I am wrong).
Not everyone is looking for 320 Nm of torque everyday. What the S-Cross provides is immense practicality, a great ride, loads of space and a whole lot of kit. If someone is living in a congested city or a place with narrow roads, he or she will do well to opt for the 1.3 MJD in the Alpha trim than a watered down variant with the 1.6 in it. Everyone was crying foul when the Ciaz came with the 1.3, but MSIL knows how to tune the MJD very well and large majority doesn't have a problem with the 90PS VGT.

And I think national engine 2 slot has already been taken by the K9K.

Nexa or not, I am not sure if MSIL can price the S-Cross 1.3 closer to YRA. Besides, the YRA could be well within 4m and best poised to fight the Jazz and i20. Very interesting times indeed.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 10:18   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

First impression is the best, isn't it ?! Maruti has really played their cards well with S-Cross, I feel.

All the reviews are based on 1.6 MJD and they are very positive. This will really pull customers to the show-rooms and now here they can show the the VFM tag on the 1.3 MJD. Good part apart from the engine specification is that there are no other major difference between 1.3 and 1.6. And I am sure, power delivery-wise 1.3 MJD will not be a disappointment as well. Dealers for sure will try to push customers for 1.3 MJD as this engine is locally manufactured and it might have a bigger margin. Well-informed customers and enthusiasts will stick to 1.6 MJD.

I liked this NEXA concept but I just have a feeling that this might work well in Cities, but not in other places. Some of the Maruti showrooms are really crowded during the weekends in bangalore and it takes 15-20 minutes for someone to attend to you(I have faced this situation during my visits). So, NEXA for sure will give a different and better experience for premium customers.

Yesterday, I got a call from Kalyani NEXA and this guy to whom I spoke really gave a different feel when compared to a normal Maruti sales executive. So, I am sure that this is not just about a separate showroom, there could be lot more to it.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:19   #971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti crosses the 2500 th import of the 1.6MJD engine. Now it has ~ 2682 engines.Seems the plan of ~1000, 1.6MJD's per month being imported! Not sure if they have Ciaz too in mind while importing these.
Continuing the imports, Maruti Suzuki will have ~ 3000 units of S Cross in the 1.6 variants ready for dispatch at launch

Imports 504 numbers of 1.6 MJD in July (till date), seems a monthly target of 1000 S Cross in 1.6 variant is the set estimate.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capturesc.jpg

Data Source:Zauba

Another Spec comparison, additional features added to previous/lower variant.
Name:  10.JPG
Views: 2441
Size:  28.7 KB
Name:  30.JPG
Views: 2083
Size:  23.3 KB
Name:  40.JPG
Views: 2225
Size:  32.0 KB
Name:  50.JPG
Views: 2289
Size:  26.6 KB
Name:  60.JPG
Views: 2084
Size:  24.4 KB

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-396183.aspx/0

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th July 2015 at 10:39.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 10:59   #972
BHPian

So the Creta misses out on ACC, Rear disc brakes, Rain sensing wipers and Auto headlamps even in the top most version?

This is what helps them price it at the levels being spoken about. If S-Cross still manages to undercut the Creta, its a no brainer to buy the car from Maruti stable.

More features and better ride dynamics as well. For once a Suzuki outgunning a Hyundai on features. Nice to see that
SchumiFan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:28   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
So the Creta misses out on ACC, Rear disc brakes, Rain sensing wipers and Auto headlamps even in the top most version?

This is what helps them price it at the levels being spoken about. If S-Cross still manages to undercut the Creta, its a no brainer to buy the car from Maruti stable.

More features and better ride dynamics as well. For once a Suzuki outgunning a Hyundai on features. Nice to see that
On the other hand, Creta top end has 6 airbags which is not the case with S cross. Hyundai 1.6 diesel is not a bad engine to start with ! I just hope Creta handles well !!! Competition is good for us, ain't it?
Old 15th July 2015, 11:34   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That comparo is completely misleading. Where is the Creta SX(O)?

Also, the Creta has Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC) from it's SX variant onwards (SX, SX+ & SX(O)), if we go by the "leaks" so far. Of course, the full variant-wise feature list will only be official by 21st July.

This is the major reason why I don't buy these comparos (nor post the same) made by websites who are not fully aware of all/most features provided across car models. Best to get the official brochures and check out the cars in person to have a better understanding of all features/comforts on offer.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2015 at 11:35.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:43   #975
BHPian

Quote:
So the C
According to this post, the Creta has ACC

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3752624
Closed Thread