Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th March 2015, 10:01   #166
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Any news on the official launch of the facelift? Just now, I saw a banner advertising this facelift outside a dealership in Mumbai. The tagline went something like this: "The all new dzire. Owned by you, desired by all". As expected, they are marketing it as "all new". The banner had around 6-8 features too, but I could not read them as I was in a bus.
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:31   #167
BANNED

Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

The updated Dzire was launched last month itself. Found this link online

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-393515.aspx
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 18:08   #168

I just got the delivery of the facelift Dzire Zxi this morning. Most of the new features are applicable to the ZXI - such as Engine start push button, Bluetooth connectivity. Electric folding mirrors are applicable on Zxi and possible the Vdi and Vxi variants.
manduks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 12:27   #169
BHPian

Default New Swift Dzire - Not a mere facelift!

I was pretty excited to learn about the launch of all new 'facelifted' version of our much dezired - Swift Dzire!

I was not expecting much and was almost sure that these would be mostly cosmetic changes just like new avatars of wagonr and swift etc., year after year. So i went straightaway to the official site of maruti swift dzire to learn about the new changes. After going through the whole 'length' of the official page of dzire i understood that these were not merely cosmetic changes! I was completely taken aback to see the huge list of useful features which were added in this avatar of dzire. Not 1, not 2 but numerous features were added so as to satisfy not only the average car users but also the car enthusiasts!

Below is a brief mention of the new features which i found really useful/practical APART from the facelift-changes:

1. Electronically foldable ORVMs - A much needed feature which had almost become a standard in the uppoer most variant of other new cars.

2. Engine Push Start/Stop Button - A new feature which definitely adds to the value of the car

3. Rear Accessory Socket - I dont need to tell anything about this . everyone here knows pretty well about the usefulness of this nifty little socket which can accomplish a plethora of tasks, be it an AC inverter or a mobile charger or portable mini refrigerator!

4. Audio with Bluetooth - This has become a MUST these days! Also the addition of steering-mounted bluetooth controls adds to the usability of this feature.

5. Map Lamps for Two - They have added one more lamp in addition to the single roof lamp (however i am not sure if they have provided 2 different switches for the 2 lamps). One interesting thing to note here is that they have shifted the location of this lamp between the two front sun shades. this was much needed as the previous location (between the center of front headrests) was very difficult to reach out for, for the driver and co passenger.

6. Reverse Parking Sensors - A BIG relief because of the high rise boot. Also the finish of the factory fitted sensors cannot be matched by fittings of 3rd party sensor.

7. Better Mileage - This is the answer to the most common question in India - 'kitna deti hai'

I guess they have also made some improvement in the braking system. experts here would be able to throw light on this improvement.

From the list above it is quite evident that these are not 'only' cosmetic changes after all. they are more than that!

So guys i am completely thrilled! the all new dzire has become all the more dezired after the addition of above plus some fantastic cosmetic changes.

Everyone is welcome to share his/her favourite, new feature of the new Swift Dzire.
shobhitk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 16:16   #170
BHPian

Default Re: New Swift Dzire - Not a mere facelift!

Just another usual indian facelift!
But I wonder why the regular facelift features likes "Amazing new side body graphics", "Breathtaking new alloy wheel design" and "Stylish chrome door handles" etc etc are not in this list. That would've made this a commendable facelift.
anish5225 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 23:36   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Just another usual indian facelift!
But I wonder why the regular facelift features likes "Amazing new side body graphics", "Breathtaking new alloy wheel design" and "Stylish chrome door handles" etc etc are not in this list. That would've made this a commendable facelift.
As i have stated in my post above, i am only highlighting the 'real', value addition changes.

For a full list of changes please visit: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dzire.aspx
shobhitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 00:02   #172
BHPian

Pretty decent as per Maruti facelift standards.
Have seen couple of people cribbing about lack of Electronically foldable orvm and push start also is a welcome addition!
Good attempt I'd say.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 00:54   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Default New Swift Dzire - Not a mere facelift!

Much desired Swift DZire? That's almost Maruti PR style. Just kidding.

In my humble opinion- It IS just a mere facelift, in whichever way it is defined.

All the above features only make the Swift DZire at par with the competition- not above. For example- DZire has parking sensors. Xcent offers both sensors and camera. DZire offers rear charging point. Xcent offers a/c vents as well. DZire offers Bluetooth now, Zest offers a full fledged touchscreen system. Electric fold ORVMs, start stop button etc are standard on the above mentioned cars as well. Does it bring any new features to the segment like the Xcent / Zest did when launched? No.

DZire still offers the least space among the compact sedan class, has the quirkiest boot integration (subjective), doesn't offer a good automatic option (with safety features) and is only above the Amaze in terms of interior quality feel. The main saving grace is that it is backed by Maruti Suzuki and has a good range of engines to suit.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th March 2015 at 01:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 01:10   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Look what Maruti has done over the years! They kept on floating "stickered" special editions and rubbish facelifts where now Indian customers feel "lucky & previlaged" to get a normal facelift version.

Agree with CD - with these many features added, this is still NOT above the competition. On the other hand, I hope you understood how much have the Indian customers taken for a ride with the premium price!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 08:25   #175
BHPian

It's hard to understand your excitement. There is nothing great in comparison to what the market has to offer. I would still consider this a mediocre facelift.

1. Electronic foldable ORVMs - Almost every car in the segment has it and in fact cars in lesser segment have it too.
2. Engine Push Start/Stop button: I do not think this is a useful feature at all.
3. Rear Accessory Socket: Why is this even called a feature? What next? Add God's idol on the dashboard and tag to the feature list?
I can go on commenting the featured list above.

"Everyone is welcome to share his/her favourite, new feature of the new Swift Dzire" - This line gets me to suspect that you are trying to promote the new Dzire.

Apologies if the my post sounds harsh. I am only trying to express what I feel.
Kratos453 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 08:35   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post
I was pretty excited to learn about the launch of all new 'facelifted' version of our much dezired - Swift Dzire!

I was not expecting much and was almost sure that these would be mostly cosmetic changes just like new avatars of wagonr and swift etc., year after year. So i went straightaway to the official site of maruti swift dzire to learn about the new changes. After going through the whole 'length' of the official page of dzire i understood that these were not merely cosmetic changes!
Mod Note: Merged with existing thread. Please SEARCH before starting new threads on a topic already being discussed.

As others have pointed out, it is just another facelift and not an "all-new" car as you claim, shobhit. But that is a nice feature set for a sub 4 m car.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 08:56   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Not 1, not 2 but numerous features were added so as to satisfy not only the average car users but also the car enthusiasts!
By car enthusiasts, I'm assuming you mean people who love to drive. So, may I know how these "exciting" features will satisfy the car enthusiasts?
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 09:28   #178
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Off topic but couldn't control, Only useless features, yet to hear from Maruti about safety norms which they are lagging behind and selling the worst build at highest possible price, still their European builds are better and cheaper over there.
Yet to see the day when they will accept challenge of comparing their cars with other manufacturers.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 15:54   #179
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Saw the Dzire Facelift in flesh today.

Someone from my office brought it to the office today and could see it in person.
The colour was Arctic Blue(Light Sky Blue).
Honestly, I am grossly disappointed.

For once, the photos do more justice than the car in real flesh.
The chrome fascia seems completely out of sync with the car and Dzire now looks overdone and "ugly" to look at.

Why cant they give a more neutral face like the "Opula" concept that I had posted earlier.
Not a great job!!
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 20:59   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was not expecting much and was almost sure that these would be mostly cosmetic changes just like new avatars of wagonr and swift etc., year after year. So i went straightaway to the official site of maruti swift dzire to learn about the new changes. After going through the whole 'length' of the official page of dzire i understood that these were not merely cosmetic changes! I was completely taken aback to see the huge list of useful features which were added in this avatar of dzire. Not 1, not 2 but numerous features were added so as to satisfy not only the average car users but also the car enthusiasts!

Below is a brief mention of the new features which i found really useful/practical APART from the facelift-changes:

1. Electronically foldable ORVMs - A much needed feature which had almost become a standard in the uppoer most variant of other new cars.

2. Engine Push Start/Stop Button - A new feature which definitely adds to the value of the car

3. Rear Accessory Socket - I dont need to tell anything about this . everyone here knows pretty well about the usefulness of this nifty little socket which can accomplish a plethora of tasks, be it an AC inverter or a mobile charger or portable mini refrigerator!

4. Audio with Bluetooth - This has become a MUST these days! Also the addition of steering-mounted bluetooth controls adds to the usability of this feature.

5. Map Lamps for Two - They have added one more lamp in addition to the single roof lamp (however i am not sure if they have provided 2 different switches for the 2 lamps). One interesting thing to note here is that they have shifted the location of this lamp between the two front sun shades. this was much needed as the previous location (between the center of front headrests) was very difficult to reach out for, for the driver and co passenger.

6. Reverse Parking Sensors - A BIG relief because of the high rise boot. Also the finish of the factory fitted sensors cannot be matched by fittings of 3rd party sensor.

7. Better Mileage - This is the answer to the most common question in India - 'kitna deti hai'

I guess they have also made some improvement in the braking system. experts here would be able to throw light on this improvement.

From the list above it is quite evident that these are not 'only' cosmetic changes after all. they are more than that!

So guys i am completely thrilled! the all new dzire has become all the more dezired after the addition of above plus some fantastic cosmetic changes.

Everyone is welcome to share his/her favourite, new feature of the new Swift Dzire.
So many plus points are said. So good so right. What about the NCAP Star ratings ? The car can kill all its occupants in case of an unfortunate crash with its ZERO NCAP rating.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th March 2015 at 21:05.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote