Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 16:21   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Agree with you, and hence I mentioned that there should be an option available. Some of us do not change cars every 2-3 years, so if the cars we already have are also updated/refreshed then we would be more loyal to the brand, wouldn't we?
I am with you Dass but if only "wishes could be Horses"....
Sigh. Good things sometimes just get better
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 09:40   #62
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,058
Thanked: 15,587 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Dzire facelift pics appear - new alloys, Push button start /stop and Chrome grill are are the visible changes.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqijscqaabxrt.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqh6ccuaa68t6.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqj9rcuaadqmm.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 09:52   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Not many changes in the facellift except for the grille, alloys and the addition of start stop button. I personally preferred the older alloys and grille on the Dzire. Hope Maruti doesn't add any tacky graphics or any other stupid add ons on the facelift.
carfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:01   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

the first one reminds the old saying, "like putting lipstick on a pig". Sorry couldn't resist. Maruti does have a habit of adding tasteless cosmetics to aging models.
lurker is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:07   #65
BHPian
 
MetalBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai, Florida
Posts: 457
Thanked: 254 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Not sure if it's just me but, the Dzire in the above pictures (front particularly) has started to look a lot like the Amaze.

Cheers,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:19   #66
BHPian
 
Ketan T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

They have just copied the front chrome strip from Amaze! Can't they be more creative?
Ketan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 11:28   #67
BHPian
 
vikast_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 41
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
the first one reminds the old saying, "like putting lipstick on a pig". Sorry couldn't resist. Maruti does have a habit of adding tasteless cosmetics to aging models.
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
vikast_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 11:50   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,277 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
What is so foolish about Maruti cars? Please do not insult the owners of Maruti cars.

I agree that the current team of designers are making them worse but please do not forget that its Maruti that takes bolder steps and create a new segment most of the times.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 12:10   #69
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 230 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
Glad that you decided not to be a fool and bought an awesome handling car which every enthusiast dreams of

Mods: Kindly delete my post if its not needed, I don't like the idea of offending people over the internet, but still OP could have used better words.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 30th October 2014 at 12:14.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 14:26   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I actually like the current alloy design more than the new one! Why change the design just for the sake of it, especially if it is one that the customers have no complaints on?

That was the case even in the past with Swift facelift too - I liked the original 7-spoke alloys on first generation Swift more than 8-spoke version that came in 2008.
I stand corrected on my above statement after seeing the new alloys on Swift. Seeing how bad they could've made it, this is a commendable effort and still tolerable compared to Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Agree with you, and hence I mentioned that there should be an option available. Some of us do not change cars every 2-3 years, so if the cars we already have are also updated/refreshed then we would be more loyal to the brand, wouldn't we?
That is their business model to ensure car sales keep ticking. I doubt the bean counters there would allow it even if they want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I agree that the current team of designers are making them worse but please do not forget that its Maruti that takes bolder steps and create a new segment most of the times.
While I disagree with the statement of OP, I don't think Maruti ever creates a new segment. Someone else creates the segment and Maruti monopolizes it in a few years by giving a VFM offering. I'm speaking about post 2000 era since thats where we started seeing others coming in.

Premium hatch: Getz came first though Swift rules the segment
Compact Sedan: Indigo CS came first but Dzire rules the segment
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 15:04   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 434 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

That is their business model to ensure car sales keep ticking. I doubt the bean counters there would allow it even if they want to do it.
A lost business opportunity if you ask me. If they were to offer these new features to be added to the old cars, I am sure a lot of those older vehicle owners would queue up to get these updates. Maruti continues to make money from already sold vehicles too, and not just through service. That is what I mean to say. withholding some fetures for a facelift is normal, so when the facelift is launched, even the existing cars should be offered them at a cost.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 15:11   #72
BHPian
 
vikast_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 41
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
What is so foolish about Maruti cars? Please do not insult the owners of Maruti cars.

I agree that the current team of designers are making them worse but please do not forget that its Maruti that takes bolder steps and create a new segment most of the times.
Boss, no offense to anyone, I am a Swift owner myself and I love it. But look at this, the 2011 Swift was way ahead of the previous Swift, but the 2014 version is just a rip off from the Elite i20. The features are just a copy. They should do justice to all the love they get from Indian people. Give us atleast a car to drool upon, like the Kizashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Glad that you decided not to be a fool and bought an awesome handling car which every enthusiast dreams of

Mods: Kindly delete my post if its not needed, I don't like the idea of offending people over the internet, but still OP could have used better words.
I guess I didn't used any offensive words as I am a proud owner of a Swift. But that doesn't change my view on how Maruti smartly plays the game.

Last edited by Stratos : 31st October 2014 at 11:51.
vikast_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 15:21   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,633
Thanked: 1,901 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
If Maruti is fooling Indians, then so is hyundai who tries to fool Indians to buy cars based on looks and blings, with no importance given to vehicle dynamics.
romeomidhun is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 15:33   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,277 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I don't think Maruti ever creates a new segment. Someone else creates the segment and Maruti monopolizes it in a few years by giving a VFM offering. I'm speaking about post 2000 era since thats where we started seeing others coming in.

Premium hatch: Getz came first though Swift rules the segment
Compact Sedan: Indigo CS came first but Dzire rules the segment
M800, Alto and Ertiga are few examples that came into my mind while making that statement. Yes, I also remembered Getz and CS but thought of neglecting it as they bettered it and became market leader. Ertiga is single example of post 2000 era though.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 16:13   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 434 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
They have just copied the front chrome strip from Amaze! Can't they be more creative?

Absolutely.. looks like they go by the philosophy, More chrome =more posh
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 189 27th November 2014 15:51
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1501 6th October 2014 13:02
New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched M00M The Indian Car Scene 526 3rd November 2012 20:50
SCOOP! Ford EcoSport Details Revealed. EDIT : Now, caught testing! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 39 5th January 2012 00:20
Scoop shots: 2011 Honda Accord Facelift. EDIT : Now launched! sidindica The Indian Car Scene 51 23rd February 2011 16:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks