Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th February 2015, 14:13   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Any indication on new features introduced with the facelift apart from the cosmetic changes.
Whatever that made it to the Swift's recent facelift would make it to the Dzire as well since they share the components from the same parts bin. Keyless entry and go, electric folding mirrors, bluetooth audio with steering controls etc. Ditto for the upcoming Ertiga's facelift.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 14:26   #107
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

From what I can see, we seem to spend more time discussing the facelift from Maruti than the effort they likely put into the facelift!

I look forward to the day when some manufacturer can seriously challenge Maruti's domination of the market so that they stop offering these chrome additions as face lifts!
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 14:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

Frustration!!!

Why was this necessary in the first place?
Sadly, even the dirt magnet AC controls(inspite of so many negative reviews against it) remains.

This is a sad rendition and yet it will sell.

Honestly, I liked the earlier one more.
Some additions may only happen in the Z trim with push button start/stop and auto retracting mirrors.

When IS THE DZIRE FACELIFT ACTUALLY BEING LAUNCHED?

Pls. understand that this chrome marriage of misfits does not qualify as even a face, leave alone a "facelift"!!
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:05   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
When IS THE DZIRE FACELIFT ACTUALLY BEING LAUNCHED?
While the bookings for the car have already begun at some dealerships in Delhi, the deliveries will begin from March 1st week onwards.
The bookings have commenced for Rs.10,000.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-maruti...2-weeks-740211
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

So, they removed the foglamp from the VXI model. I am pretty sure, it wont be available on ZXI(or ZXI+) too.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
While the bookings for the car have already begun at some dealerships in Delhi, the deliveries will begin from March 1st week onwards.

What I meant Volk was not the bookings for this contraption that Maruti so conveniently calls a Facelift.

I am actually talking about a completely revamped Dzire(something on the lines of the new Dzire replacing the earlier one)
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:35   #112
BHPian

I guess this is more about providing some minor face-lifts (chrome addition inspired by Honda, a new shade based on some color combinations the designers came up with) to remain in the headlines and have more recall value so that when a new prospective customer is thinking of buying their first car, they would think: why not the *NEW* Dzire, it is new, would be less of them on the roads, some new features etc.

I for one was not very knowledgeable about cars and what to look for till I started going through TBHP and had it not been for TBHP, the earlier ignorant me (if I were in the market for a new car) would have gone ahead and considered, if not booked, the *NEW* Dzire thinking that company must have done something wow and new.
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 07:55   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

That really looks horrible. MSIL has even managed to make the smoked headlights look gaudy. This is change for the sake of change without much thought behind it. The Ciaz looks much smarter compared to this.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 08:39   #114

Quote:

I booked Dzire ZXI nearly 2 weeks ago. At the time the Sales person told me that the booking was applicable for the model currently on sale. However, when I spoke to him on Monday, he said that existing bookings will be migrated to the facelift which is expected in 2-3 weeks from now. I'd be disappointed if the price goes up drastically (it's already costing 8.24 lakS OTR)!
manduks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 09:00   #115
BHPian

Maruti Swift Dzire Vdi 2015 walkaround

Notice there is no ABS in VDi variant unlike Swift VDi.

Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Vxi Facelift 2015

Maruti Swift Dzire Ldi facelift 2015 walkaround

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 18th February 2015 at 09:09.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 09:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
So, they removed the foglamp from the VXI model. I am pretty sure, it wont be available on ZXI(or ZXI+) too.
Quote:
Maruti's Dzire seem ready for launch.Rumored to have reached dealerships.

Attachment 1340910

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...964226/photo/1
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that fog lamps that I see in the front of the car?
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 11:24   #117
Senior - BHPian

The front chrome strip is like new Honda City. Many people here will not like it, me also didn't find it fancy. But as Honda city is a big hit, looks like common people have liked it a lot. Anyways DZire is very popular, so i guess people will like it in DZire as well. Don't see any problem.
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 11:25   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that fog lamps that I see in the front of the car?
What I think is being referred to, is the rear fog lamp at the bottom center of the back bumper
Babuda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 15:56   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift Dzire facelift 2015 launched , priced from 5.07 to 7.81 lakh Ex-Show New Delhi .

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...287553/photo/1
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 16:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

The imbalance has been corrected. Now both the rear and front look bad. Very good job Maruti.
kiku007 is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote