Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th September 2015, 12:00   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

The overall interior looks nice. The complete black gear lever is bad, but the top variant might have a bit of chrome to make it look better.

The top of the dashboard is beige!! It'll be a glare galore in the morning & afternoon. First gen i10 was (in)famous for this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th September 2015 at 12:03.
Old 6th September 2015, 13:29   #587
BHPian

Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Seems to be a nice effort by Mahindra, great looks, high GC, AMT option, possibly 4WD too. The only weak link IMHO, is the 3cylinder engine carried over from the dud Quanto. Why not a proper 4cylinder unit from the Bolero or the Thar, or maybe a detuned version of the Scorpio's Mhawk?
Old 6th September 2015, 14:53   #588
BHPian

I clicked this pic last week on the climb to Khardung La. Definitely a Mahindra as an XUV was following it. I'm guessing this is the TUV:

Name:  FB_20150906_14_39_39_Saved_Picture1.jpg
Views: 6542
Size:  159.8 KB

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 15:25   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
I clicked this pic last week on the climb to Khardung La. Definitely a Mahindra as an XUV was following it. I'm guessing this is the TUV:

Attachment 1411055

Cheers,
Sting
That is the S101. Belongs to this (Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted) thread.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 15:33   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

The 3 cylinder engine in the TUV is not a carry over as what I gather. This is an MHwak engine as opposed to what was in Quanto.
Please do correct if I am wrong.
Old 6th September 2015, 15:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
The 2nd and 3rd picture does not have steering mounted controls and hence it could be lower variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
It is surely the lower variant, judging by the absence of stereo and silver inserts on the steering wheel.
Apart from what you have pointed out, the difference between the first and the other two photos are the following:

1. Steering mounted controls absent.
2. Manually adjustable RVM in the second photo versus electric controls in the first.

I am presuming that the second and third photos are of the same variant, keeping in mind the bag and the bottle seems to be the same in both these photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
It will be interesting if the set of 4 fog lights shown in Mahindra's initial sketch comes as a part of the accessory list.
Should it not be part of the OE by default. What say!
Old 7th September 2015, 09:28   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post

Should it not be part of the OE by default. What say!
I would love to have it.
More than this I would have liked to have the brilliant 2.2 Mhawk under the hood. Not too sure about the new 80PS engine though. Hope it would have enough juice to carry the metal bulk.

I always wanted a Bolero with a comfortable ride and a plush interior. Keeping my fingers crossed with TUV. Didn't book the vehicle though. Waiting for an expert review from our members before taking a plunge.

Team any news on Media Review ?

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 7th September 2015 at 09:32. Reason: Additional question
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:02   #593
BHPian

I had a quick chat with a sales associate at Zulaikha Motors, Velachery, Chennai. According to him the car will be available for TD from Sep 10th and the price for the automatic variant is expected to be around 9 lacs on road in Chennai.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:31   #594
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
The Power Window Switch positions puts me off. The Beige dashboard will reflect a lot. I am not going to buy this.
I hope you are aware that all interior parts including seats and dashboard can be recolored to your liking? Can be done at any upholstery workshop, or a dealer. The cost of redoing the entire interior is somewhere between 25-30k at the max.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:46   #595
BHPian

I have been eagerly following this thread from day 1 and finally, I see a true blue rugged SUV that is worthy enough to be a daily ride.

The Creta was a disappointment when it comes to price. So it makes me wonder… how will Mahindra price the TUV300?

The only sub 4-metre SUV in the market currently is the Ecosport. It starts at 7.89 lakh ex-showroom Delhi (for the diesel base model).

Considering that TUV is a classic body-on-frame SUV and decently loaded (I have heard that it is sub 4-metres in length and seats 7-people as well),
I think the ideal price range should be Rs.7.5 to 9.5 lakhs.

Hoping that Mahindra gets the pricing right - any views??
Old 7th September 2015, 13:55   #596
BHPian

Not sure if this has been shared earlier, here is the making of the TUV300 Commercial I guess.
No prizes for guessing the star
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:55   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
I have been eagerly following this thread from day 1 and finally, I see a true blue rugged SUV that is worthy enough to be a daily ride.

The Creta was a disappointment when it comes to price. So it makes me wonder… how will Mahindra price the TUV300?

The only sub 4-metre SUV in the market currently is the Ecosport. It starts at 7.89 lakh ex-showroom Delhi (for the diesel base model).

Considering that TUV is a classic body-on-frame SUV and decently loaded (I have heard that it is sub 4-metres in length and seats 7-people as well),
I think the ideal price range should be Rs.7.5 to 9.5 lakhs.

Hoping that Mahindra gets the pricing right - any views??
What is True Blue, no way is the M&M official color blue. Hence I am at a loss for words on this statement and could not follow this terminology.

I have read this somewhere else on T-BHP referring to True Blue = Mahindras, hence the question for you.

I thought Big Blue = IBM.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:57   #598
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
What is True Blue, no way is the M&M official color blue. Hence I am at a loss for words on this statement and could not follow this terminology.

I have read this somewhere else on T-BHP referring to True Blue = Mahindras, hence the question for you.

I thought Big Blue = IBM.
I guess he means to say since this is a SUV boasting of body on frame credentials with boxy butch styling, sufficiently wide and high, with enough ground clearance especially in the sub 4 meter space, it is indeed a true SUV compared to hatchback pretenders like Ecosport.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:35   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Man !!! This is looking damn good I must say. I am sure lots of people will do such mods after seeing this. Looking very stylish & sporty. I would love if company itself do something like this for top end model. It will be great option for people who are looking for something different with good quality.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 18:02   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
ok I Confess. I was not getting Sleep!!
Good work there with the side profile.

Just curious, have you had any more bouts of sleeplessness, would be keen to see what else you came up with
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread