Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2015, 21:07   #601
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)
Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
I would love to have it.
More than this I would have liked to have the brilliant 2.2 Mhawk under the hood. Not too sure about the new 80PS engine though. Hope it would have enough juice to carry the metal bulk.......Team any news on Media Review ?
There has been a good deal of speculation over the MHawk-80 engine and an output of 80 PS. It maybe worth mentioning that this 3-cylinder engine produced 100 BHP in the Quanto, which was its first outing.

If one assumes that a more developed version of this engine is what has gone into the TUV300, then it may very well produce 80 KW, which is 107.2 BHP. This would take care of that '80' tell-tale number in the nomenclature!
shashanka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 22:53   #602
BHPian

Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
There has been a good deal of speculation over the MHawk-80 engine and an output of 80 PS. It maybe worth mentioning that this 3-cylinder engine produced 100 BHP in the Quanto, which was its first outing.

If one assumes that a more developed version of this engine is what has gone into the TUV300, then it may very well produce 80 KW, which is 107.2 BHP. This would take care of that '80' tell-tale number in the nomenclature!
I guess it will be 80 PS rather than 80KW. Remember, Mahindra was struggling with the mileage figures for TUV earlier on. That's why they had to tweak the engine. I guess they reduced the power figures and increased the torque with alleged two step turbo. Can any one give Quanto's torque figures
fz_rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 02:03   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
What is True Blue, no way is the M&M official color blue. Hence I am at a loss for words on this statement and could not follow this terminology.

I have read this somewhere else on T-BHP referring to True Blue = Mahindras, hence the question for you.

I thought Big Blue = IBM.
True-blue is just an expression. A simple google search would give you the meaning. As mentioned before, Mahindra is trying to project this vehicle as an orthodox, no-nonsense, butch SUV; differentiating itself from all the other crossovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I guess it will be 80 PS rather than 80KW. Remember, Mahindra was struggling with the mileage figures for TUV earlier on. That's why they had to tweak the engine. I guess they reduced the power figures and increased the torque with alleged two step turbo. Can any one give Quanto's torque figures
Haven't ever posted links to another thread before, but I hope this is the correct way to do it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...o-not-vgt.html (Why the Twin-Stage Turbo & not a VGT?)
Attached Images

Ikart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 07:28   #604
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2015 at 12:40.
y2ksrs is online now   Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2015, 07:29   #605
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
The Quanto figures are 100 BHP / 248 nm (or thereabouts) as I remember. I'm hoping that the hydroforming fabrication technique for the chassis of the TUV300 will add stiffness & reduce weight simultaneously, without having to resort to a monocoque structure.

Incidentally, the forced induction used (in the Quanto) is twin-scroll t/charging, which increases the scavenging pressure ratio without increase in T/charger size. This has the added benefit of reducing turbo-lag, due to smaller relative inertia of the rotor, thus improving drivability.

Hopefully, M&M will stick to this format in the TUV300, and we the consumers should reap the results. Hallelujah!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:53   #606
Team-BHP Support

Friend drops this info:

Quote:
1. 80 PS, 230 Nm engine with twin stage turbo
2. Ladder on frame, 3rd gen. chassis. (stands corrected on the previous info; apologies!)
3. RWD
4. Front-end designed for pedestrian safety
5. Static bending lamps
6. Micro hybrid tech.
7. Dual mass flywheel
8. 190 mm GC
9. MT has a mileage of 18.5 kmpl whereas the AT has 17 kmpl.
10. 400 L boot space with the 3rd row folded
11. Top variant will have a HU with 4" display.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2015 at 10:08.
Gannu_1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:13   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Friend drops this info:
By any chance, does he/she know if the side facing jump seats/last row can be removed altogether without too much of a hassle?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th September 2015, 10:21   #608
BHPian

Got a call from the dealer yesterday. Its confirmed 80 PS. The lowest variant to cost 7.5 Lacs ex Showroom and booking can be done paying 20K. I was busy with some work so could not get complete Information.
Old 8th September 2015, 11:18   #609
BHPian

I was comparing the rear profile of Quanto with the pictures of TUV. From the height of the spare wheel its clear that TUV is going to be less tall than Quanto. This means it should be much pleasing to the eye compared to quanto
Old 8th September 2015, 15:06   #610
BHPian

Saw a camouflaged s101 TUV300 and a camouflaged Rexton today on NH8 near the Maharashtra border
Old 8th September 2015, 15:22   #611
BHPian

For a car which is going to cost around ten lakh rupees on road for the top variant in Bangalore, a puny 80ps engine for what looks like a relatively heavy vehicle is not a good proposition. There are so many choices for the consumer in the market. Hopefully Mahindra do not end up in an embarrassing situation where they need to slash the price after the launch to boost demand.
needforspeed88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 15:37   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
For a car which is going to cost around ten lakh rupees on road for the top variant in Bangalore, a puny 80ps engine for what looks like a relatively heavy vehicle is not a good proposition. There are so many choices for the consumer in the market. Hopefully Mahindra do not end up in an embarrassing situation where they need to slash the price after the launch to boost demand.
Exactly my thoughts needforspeed88, TUV300, with its ladder frame and all is going to weigh a lot more than an Ecosport or a Creta.....and a 3Cylinder jugaad with 80PS just doesn't sound right. If this is true they'll have to plonk in a proper 4-Cyl mill sooner than later......or see it going the Quanto way.
Old 8th September 2015, 15:48   #613
BHPian

Some more updates :
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/m...-leaked-190453

Interesting points :
  • A new engine on offer 1.5-liter mHawk80 diesel engine.
  • 80 hp and 230 Nm.
  • Twin-scroll turbocharged diesel engine.
  • Both a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
  • Front airbags and ABS to be standard across all variants of the TUV300.
  • Base variant is expected to add just power steering and aircon.
  • Top-end is likely to get a touchscreen infotainment system, reverse parking camera, power windows, and alloy wheels.
Fx14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 15:52   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Exactly my thoughts needforspeed88, TUV300, with its ladder frame and all is going to weigh a lot more than an Ecosport or a Creta.....and a 3Cylinder jugaad with 80PS just doesn't sound right. If this is true they'll have to plonk in a proper 4-Cyl mill sooner than later......or see it going the Quanto way.
Even before the vehicle has launched, the engine has already been termed as "jugaad".

Do not forget what the majority of the customer base would be for the TUV300. A typical TUV300 prospect is more likely to ask the FE figures than the 0-100 timing! If this UV gives anything above 15 kmpl, I think its a fair deal.

I would want M&M to offer an additional engine option as well, maybe the 100 bhp engine from the Quanto. Let the customers decide their preference. The highlight will of course be the convenience of the Automatic.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 8th September 2015 at 15:53.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 16:03   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Do not forget what the majority of the customer base would be for the TUV300. A typical TUV300 prospect is more likely to ask the FE figures than the 0-100 timing! If this UV gives anything above 15 kmpl, I think its a fair deal.
I completely agree. Recently I got the same question for my new XUV also. The second question from my neighbor (ofcourse the first question was - new car?) was "How much mileage does it give ?"

Anyways, I had to tell him - it depends on where I drive. In some places of Bangalore I have even managed 1KMPL by travelling that 500 meters for 1 to 1.5 hours !!!
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread