Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th September 2015, 17:30   #616

Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
By any chance, does he/she know if the side facing jump seats/last row can be removed altogether without too much of a hassle?

Cheers,
Vikram
Yes! Vikram, those seats can be removed completely and 3rd row can be used as a dedicated boot space.
Old 8th September 2015, 17:32   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Some more updates :
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/m...-leaked-190453

Interesting points :
  • A new engine on offer 1.5-liter mHawk80 diesel engine.
  • 80 hp and 230 Nm.
  • Twin-scroll turbocharged diesel engine.
  • Both a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
  • Front airbags and ABS to be standard across all variants of the TUV300.
  • Base variant is expected to add just power steering and aircon.
  • Top-end is likely to get a touchscreen infotainment system, reverse parking camera, power windows, and alloy wheels.
Few corrections,
1. Airbags and ABS are not standard. rather, they're given as safety package ala Scorpio with a '+' variant (remember S4+ and S6+).
2. There's no touch infotainment system and reverse parking camera for TUV3oo. Though you can always have those as added accessories but not as part of OE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
For a car which is going to cost around ten lakh rupees on road for the top variant in Bangalore, a puny 80ps engine for what looks like a relatively heavy vehicle is not a good proposition. There are so many choices for the consumer in the market. Hopefully Mahindra do not end up in an embarrassing situation where they need to slash the price after the launch to boost demand.
FYI the ford ecosport produces 89bhp and 204Nm torque. When it can be accepted as a compact SUV with good performance, why not give a chance to see what this car can do? What's wrong with us. Even before the launch of the vehicle we arrive at judgements and conclusions so soon. I think Arnab has influenced quite a lot of people to become the judge, jury and executioner.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th September 2015 at 18:21.
rajkar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 19:11   #618
BHPian

Default re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

It will be really cool to see the sales number of TUV3OO for the month of September.

A little off topic but wondering how the August 2015 sales chart will look like with the new figo aspire hitting the sales block. Though these two cars might be on different segments, their sales numbers will provide interesting insights in the way car sales are going.
Old 8th September 2015, 19:31   #619
BHPian

6 Colors - bold black, glacier white, majestic silver, molten orange, dynamo red and verve blue. Apparently these are different shades from the other Mahindra models.

The AMT box in the TUV300. Apologies, if posted already in the earlier pages.

Source : http://www.carwale.com/news/19909-ma...ings-open.html
Attached Images

uday.ere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 19:53   #620
BHPian

Mods,

Isn't it time to rename the thread by removing the reference to Bolero?

Based on the images posted till now, i'm looking forward for this launch. But I'm worried about ride quality & handling of the car. My recent drive of New Scorpio have raised my fears even more.

Anyhow I'm not going to work from home on 10th.

Mobilio, Creta & S Cross launches: I worked from home and we know the pricing disappointments
Zest, Aspire: I didn't pay much attention on the launch day and they turned out to be VFMs.

Stupid sentiment. Right?

Last edited by mrbaddy : 8th September 2015 at 19:56.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 22:56   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
Saw a camouflaged s101 TUV300 and a camouflaged Rexton today on NH8 near the Maharashtra border
The camouflaged Rexton you mention is in all likelihood the 2015 Rexton facelift that was unveiled in Korea a few months ago. I had spotted mules of a similar Rexton with its front covered up roaming around Nashik a couple of months back, but couldn't take pictures, as I didn't have my phone along at that time. Here is an official image of the facelifted Rexton:

And to be frank, the grille looks a bit too Maybach to me. Yes it's a Merc underneath, but still, that doesn't convince.

Last edited by mukul32 : 8th September 2015 at 23:03.
Old 9th September 2015, 01:13   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

, First Drive by Siddharth Vinayak Patankar minus Photos understandably , this looks promising ..

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/first-d...-lateststories
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 07:04   #623
BHPian

Well we all know that comments from Siddharth has to be taken with a pinch of salt, however this time I hope he is correct.

I am especially happy to hear about the AMT, there is no word of 4WD which is not a dampener for me as 90% of my ride would be on good paved roads.

I eagerly look forward to the pricing, warranty and expert reviews before I make my call. Don't want to rush in like what I did for Creta.
Old 9th September 2015, 08:05   #624
BHPian

A Day to go for the Launch. Mods, if the official report is ready, please give us a hint on the dynamics by tomorrow evening even if the report cant be published by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
a puny 80ps engine for what looks like a relatively heavy vehicle is not a good proposition
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Exactly my thoughts .and a 3Cylinder jugaad with 80PS just doesn't sound right.
Guys, I understand that the new platform has also helped in curbing the weight. Honestly, how many of us drag race in the city to worry about the PS. As Rajkar as quoted, even the Ecosport has a similar PS and nobody is cribbing about it. Most people buying this vehicle would probably be worried about the ruggedness, mileage, comfort, safety features and probably in that order. We could always get a tuning box installed if we are not happy with the performance of the engine.

Let us not rule out the vehicle and call it a juggad even before it has come out. Let us also understand that a lot of juggads have been very successful in the rural areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Even before the vehicle has launched, the engine has already been termed as "jugaad".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkar View Post
FYI the ford ecosport produces 89bhp and 204Nm torque. When it can be accepted as a compact SUV with good performance, why not give a chance to see what this car can do? What's wrong with us. Even before the launch of the vehicle we arrive at judgements and conclusions so soon. I think Arnab has influenced quite a lot of people to become the judge, jury and executioner.
Raj, Rajkar - Thanks so much. This is what I have been saying all along. Why are we as members of this distinguished forum becoming a Jury and an Executioner even before we can practically Judge a product - just because it is an Indian Company . How many of us in this forum say the same thing about a product waiting to be launched by an international company, having seen only leaked or scoped pictures - Point to ponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Well we all know that comments from Siddharth has to be taken with a pinch of salt
Even if the report is 70% true, It would be a wonderful vehicle if the top end can be priced at or below 9L ex showroom and will ensure a good sales figure.
ksmrsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 10:12   #625
Senior - BHPian

A nice, easy to drive, butch looking SUV, that does away with a typically heavy SUV clutch altogether and having acceptable quality of plastics.

Sounds like a recepie of success and a great vehicle for the kind of traffic and roads we have.
Cant wait for tomorrow
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 10:14   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Raj, Rajkar - Thanks so much. This is what I have been saying all along. Why are we as members of this distinguished forum becoming a Jury and an Executioner even before we can practically Judge a product - just because it is an Indian Company. How many of us in this forum say the same thing about a product waiting to be launched by an international company, having seen only leaked or scoped pictures - Point to ponder.
True.

The Innova which costs 18 Lacs on-road has the same 102 bhp engine which was launched 9 years ago. The only thing they have added is an Intercooler. If someone is not a Toyota fan, he will aptly point out that the D-4D engine in the Toyota is neither refined nor powerful to move the 2 ton mammoth! Still, the Innova is still called as the best car in the segment. Yes, it is no doubt a great car but how is the puny engine not a deterrent in this case, especially when the car costs twice as much?

What about the Corolla diesel which has a 89 bhp engine and costs almost 20 Lacs for the top end (on-road in Mumbai)? I see most people recommending the car to others.

Even the Duster has a 85 PS engine. I heard everyone complaining on how inadequate it was. After the car was launched, opinions changed and people were singing praises about it's refinement and fuel efficiency.

Atleast wait for the car's launch before throwing brickbats citing it's poor engine and beige dash.
raj_5004 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 10:31   #627
BHPian

Seems like Mahindra marketing team is closely watching responses from various sources. They've corrected the ad and have a new one now.

jayded is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 15:36   #628
BHPian

So first drive report is out.

SVP has managed to beat all and post the first drive report.

Here's an excerpt from his article (http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/first-d...tuv300-1215585)

Quote:
Yes I've driven it. And yes I can say it with a large heaped tablespoon of confidence - it's the best Mahindra yet. And given what it is meant to be; it's a pretty darn good car too. Here's why - it drives very well, with excellent control and good ride comfort, and has the best-ever interiors of any Mahindra car to date with good plastics, appealing trim and great features. It is built on the shortened version of Mahindra's new ladder-on-frame platform, which we first saw with the new Scorpio. At the time I remember telling you the platform can easily go sub-4-metre too, and so here's the first product using the shorter platform.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2015 at 08:08. Reason: Please do not reproduce the entire article from another source
rajesh.palaria is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 15:46   #629
Senior - BHPian

Some more news on TUV-300. Mahindra TUV300 long-wheelbase with 3-row seating to arrive in a few months from now, interesting news in deed

"Mahindra will launch its latest ladder-frame sub-4 meter SUV, the TUV300 tomorrow (September 10). The TUV300, despite its dimensions, will offer seating for 7 occupants in a 5+2 layout (spyshots have shown two side-facing seats in the rear), but for buyers wanting more space, a long-wheelbase variant with 3-row seating will launch in a few months from now, reports NDTV Auto."

The long-wheelbase version of the TUV300, which is expected to get a different name, will also be powered by a larger version of the mHawk engine, presumably a four-cylinder unit. In the TUV300, the engine which goes by the name mHawk 80, is a 1.5-liter three-cylinder unit with 80 bhp and 230 Nm of torque on tap.

The TUV300 and its larger sibling are expected to share their ladder-frame platform and several internal components as well. So expect the four-spoke multifunction steering, front and rear power windows, 2-DIN music system, ABS and dual front airbags. On a related note, the report states the TUV300 will have optional airbags even on the base variant.

While the TUV300 is positioned between Quanto and the Scorpio, the long-wheelbase variant could take up a potential space between the Xylo and the XUV500.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/m...seating-190842
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 16:29   #630
BHPian

Got one more video of tuv300 don't know if it was posted earlier.. Gave me some glimpses of the vehicle..

Closed Thread