Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2015, 21:34   #736
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now dealers accepting bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Variant-Price Comparison for the benefit of readers.

All prices are ex-showroom Pune.

The variant features are taken from the Brochure from TUV300 website. I found a discrepancy in the features listed in the website (for ex: ORVM is listed as Manual in the website, but Electric in the Brochure), so followed the Brochure for comparison assuming it to have been proofread.

Attachment 1412907

Attachment 1412908

Attachment 1412909

Attachment 1412910

Attachment 1412911

Attachment 1412912

Attachment 1412913

Attachment 1412914

Attachment 1412915

Also attached the Excel for any other customization that potential buyers might want to use.

Let me know if you need any specific variant wise comparison other than those listed above. I can do that and post it here.

Thank you. This is super comparison. Am i reading it wrong or does anyone else also gets surprised by this

T6+AMT and T8+ AMT the difference is just 60k however
T6+ and T6+ AMT is 72k.

Not sure what is the difference between T8+ and T8+AMT

So why should one buy T6+AMT better to go for T8+AMT for the whole lot of stuff which one gets. Correct me if i am wrong
Old 10th September 2015, 21:54   #737
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Top manual version still crosses 10L OTR in Bangalore?
T8 Manual - 10.4L, T8 Auto 11.3L.
The way vehicles cost these days!!
TUV300 is supposed to be a low cost SUV under 4m and 1.5L diesel, so after taxed at lowest excise duty bracket, cannot believe the prices crossing a million
And, and, and these are just 'introductory' prices!!!

Which translates to, more number of bookings, soon the increase in prices we can see!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:00   #738
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Thank you fusionbang and other fellow tbhp members. The photos give a good idea of how quirky exterior, interior designs are. Look at the glovebox partition, I can't imagine what would I carry in the car that would fit in those partitioned compartments. And the rear door and its components, with door handle on top of the lock, and the lock diagonally above a bottle holder. Plus zig zag design of the door padding.

Just look at Carwale.com photo of the mini SUV comparision. Ford is lot more curvy, desirable. In this age, another bolero? huh!
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:11   #739
Senior - BHPian

After seeing enough pictures and a video, atleast now I hope we are allowed to say the TUV300 looks totally disproportionate and quite an disappointment after the nice XUV500 facelift.

Just a couple of lakhs more will get a Scorpio, Ecosport, Duster etc.
Old 10th September 2015, 22:15   #740
BHPian

Is it just me?. This is the first time I don't like a vehicle in white color.

While the side profile and rear is OK, somehow the front does not gel well.

The side and rear profiles of the blue and orange vehicle pics posted in previous
pages are good.
Old 10th September 2015, 22:22   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post

Just look at Carwale.com photo of the mini SUV comparision. Ford is lot more curvy, desirable. In this age, another bolero? huh!
I would say the exact opposite - just look at Ecosport - all bumps, curves like an inflated balloon. Whereas the TUV is just clean simple lines - in this age of fluidic design, just like a Bolero. Vow!!

Beauty is in eyes of the beholder. Having said that, can't ignore the quirks - angular headlights in a square front (have only heard of fitting a square peg in a round hole), abruptly ending rear, irregularly shaped grills and more.

This is definitely not a classic or timeless design, but surely a whiff of fresh air for people fed up with Bangle inspired fluidic designs

Even at SJB motors Coimbatore, the launch vehicle was white colored. Not the best color to launch your product
mallumowgli is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:48   #742
AWD
BANNED

Those who checked out the vehicle, how's the 2nd row legroom ? In the Bolero thats abysmal. Does the 2nd row fold down flat(full bench or split) to liberate bigger loading bay ?
Coming to front row, hows the driver seat legroom & driver seating position?
Old 10th September 2015, 22:51   #743
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
There are many other tips but look at the second bullet recommends rolling in neutral as fuel saving option. While this is definitely an option for saving fuel, Is this not a risk and can a manufacturer recommend this?
Cylinder de-activation, start-stop, downspeeding, downsizing, weight reduction and engineering solutions along these lines to reduce fuel consumpsion - YES. Recommending customers to coast in neutral - sounds like a really bad bit of advice to an unsuspecting public.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:14   #744
BHPian

Been going through various pics and autocar video posted by members above. Have to say that not so impressed at the end. Design wise, major deterrents for me are square wheel arches which are actually making wheels look smaller and too much of body height. I feel one thin layer of black cladding running throughout the length of the body at the bottom would have greatly helped to mask some height and would have looked good in light shades like white and silver. Interiors are looking better, atleast in the pics, though there is a bit of beige overdose.

In the end i feel that if urban customers are the main target group, mahindra could have done a monocoque design (like xuv) which might have resulted in a low slung (comparitively) and sleek vehicle. It might have also saved them some weight thus increasing the real world performance of the three pot motor. As it is now, i would have liked the vehicle to be introduced as the 'new bolero' and not as an urban compact SUV. If i am right, thats what it would end up doing, drawing customers looking for bolero, than say an ecosport.

And yes, as another member said, this is the first time for me too that i didnt like a vehicle in white colour, which otherwise is my default choice.

Last edited by sasi@8689 : 10th September 2015 at 23:24.
Old 10th September 2015, 23:21   #745
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now dealers accepting bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Thank you. This is super comparison. Am i reading it wrong or does anyone else also gets surprised by this

T6+AMT and T8+ AMT the difference is just 60k however
T6+ and T6+ AMT is 72k.

Not sure what is the difference between T8+ and T8+AMT

So why should one buy T6+AMT better to go for T8+AMT for the whole lot of stuff which one gets. Correct me if i am wrong
Thanks KD007.

T8 and T8+AMT comparison is provided in my post.

T8 gets Micro Hybrid and Eco Mode wheras AMT variant does not get those.

In fact Mahindra is consistent with the pricing across variants, unlike some of the recent launches who had a screwed up pricing between variants. Difference between T6+ and T8 is 60k and the corresponding AMT versions difference is also 60K with feature difference being same. I can't recall, but I think recent launches did not have such consistency with their variant pricing.

Your suggestion about going for T8+AMT instead of T6 one can be made for non AMT versions too.

(To clarify there is no T8+ variant. In fact T8+ and T8 are one and the same. Just in case if you got that additional variant in your mind when you asked the question about T8+ and T8+AMT)

Last edited by mrbaddy : 10th September 2015 at 23:28.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:25   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
I would say the exact opposite - just look at Ecosport - all bumps, curves like an inflated balloon. Whereas the TUV is just clean simple lines - in this age of fluidic design, just like a Bolero. Vow!!
Clean lines are good but a disproportionate design can not be hidden behind them. The only part where designers spent their time was the rear which is quite similar to Grand Vitara. Bolero was far better and cleaner design than this confused box.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th September 2015 at 09:04. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 10th September 2015, 23:33   #747
Senior - BHPian

I am a total noob when it comes to automobile engineering. So pardon my ignorance in asking this.How such disproportionate designs are made road worthy? A tall, front heavy, butch design squeezed in to under 4m.

A 3 pot'er above 11L that too in 2015..!! Where are we headed? Perplexed to see people here who are willing to spend such huge sums of their hard earned money on a badly engineered product like this.

Last edited by poloman : 11th September 2015 at 00:00.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:37   #748
BHPian

After going through the website and the 360 spin and pics, I'm starting to get some sense of disproportionate ratios in the vehicle. The wheels look one size too small for the height of the vehicle, the back looks quite ordinary, boxy and chopped off. It has a lot of resemblance with Quanto on the rear and those vertical tail lamps look very old school especially with a flat and boxy back. But still would go for a test drive before I make a decision.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:45   #749
BHPian

Wow I am happy to see the official page of Mahindra and the pics of TUV300 looks good. I am happy with the final product and after taking a test drive if everything goes well, I would definitely go for this vehicle. For me this looks robust, strong, reliable, and tough. The only thing which I am waiting for is an official review from T-Bhp where they can throw this SUV at the right path and then see what it has to give. Yes the price is good, colors are also good. The model which would be my choice is T6+. I like the model variants where they have given the option to select what suits whom. Yes seeing the vehicle with my own eyes would be something which I am looking to do this weekend. A test drive would be an icing on the cake. I am liking the overall look of the vehicle and the interiors are not bad either. Mahindra has done a fabulous job as per me in designing and providing the features at a very reasonable rate. Now the only thing to see is how does the TUV300 does on road. Waiting for the Official Review by our Mods, please do ti soon
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:50   #750
BHPian

i dont know but initially TUV3OO looked good to mein spy pics but slowly and specially after seeing the above pics posted of white vehicle it has tarted looking a little hideous to me. Pricing apart, i think all the other things are ordinary with the vehicle. I must applaud the concern of Mahindra for safety of the occupants. May be like the new Scorpio the design may slowly grow once their are too many of these on the road but i feel their are only a few vehicles which immediately look splendid right from day one for ex. the classic fiesta, fiat punto, elite i20, new honda city & creta to name a few.

It seems the designers have stopped putting more time in designing & much time is spent on adding stuff like touch panel, BT and other gizmos. Their is something seriously wrong with the designers, looking at the S cross and TUV 3OO makes me worry to see where the world of automotive is heading to. Again this is my opinion wherein i feel the looks of a vehicle are prime considerations for zeroing in a vehicle. Right now these are my opinion about the TUV 3OO, it may fade away seeing some tastefully modified TUV's in the coming time. With all due respect , i still feel the product could have been designed better, given the time & hype Mahindra had with them.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread