Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th September 2015, 13:33   #781
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
My friend did a small re-styling of the front, what do you guys think?

Attachment 1412813
I somehow find this better than Mahindra's design though
I'm quite liking the boxiness of this vehicle. Wasn't a fan of it when initial spy shots surfaced. Now it is kind of looking better by the day. Just like an AR Rahman tune which seems odd at first then ends up being one of your favourites
puneeth2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:34   #782
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Just look at Carwale.com photo of the mini SUV comparision. Ford is lot more curvy, desirable. In this age, another bolero? huh!
I didnt have good feeling when i saw it from the front but i bet this will look so macho with some mods. Just the cladding and roof lights with forest green skin, it already showed what it would look like with mods.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:48   #783
BHPian

I feel the original design showcased if it had been closely followed with a less taller body but longer with nice wide tires would have been a stunner. Here the overall appearance is clumsy and boxy like a wagon R on steroids. A slightly more protruding front bumper and square headlamps would have done the trick. Too late now. Am sure lots of folks love it and will go out and buy it.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:30   #784
Senior - BHPian

Most of the SUVs/pseudo SUVs looks very nice in white, but this one looks horrible. It looks good in other dark colours.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:33   #785
BHPian

The full version of the commercial has been released. Have a look if anyone interested.
MaxTorque is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 14:48   #786
BHPian

Well am sure those who feel the 84bhp/81bhp manual/Amt is underpowered, hang in there. Its only a matter of time before Pete's box comes out for this mHawk
Old 11th September 2015, 15:20   #787
BHPian

I saw the TUV on road in South Ext, New Delhi today. I hated WagonR looks all my life but bought it as my first car in 2005 (because of balancing of rear panel with a clean steel colored bar in that particular year which sold for about 2 years and they lost it again soon enough to certain flowy design later, and then of course City was out of Budget). I didn't find it anywhere near as ugly as WagonR's previous and future versions.

I first saw the TUV in front of me on RHS then I saw it amply in my rear view mirror as it had started to move just then and then saw it from rear as I slowed down to let it pass. I had not seen the pics of any view other than front till then.

What I found most appealing was the balanced rear which seemed 100% inspired from a LandRover which I personally find has the best designed boxy look. That soounds like an oxymoron but in a comparison of TUV with Quanto and a H3 (IS it?) 2 pages ago, I feel that a LandRover can easily be added to see the exact same proportions (That was on my instinct, geometric values/ratios might turn out slightly different).

The front panel does throw those left half-way at times yet tries to convince that it is designed to be boasting of the bestiality as a gene from the brand. This also tries to make it look like the 'Bheem' among the 'Pandavs' who could be beasty yet agile.

I am going to check out the thread in whole now as I add it to my my existing choice-list of about 7 cars and 16 versions which keeps going longer rather than otherwise. (Must be having some strong Libra ascendant somewhere in my charts!)

Last edited by modisan : 11th September 2015 at 15:21. Reason: disconnect in first para resolved.
modisan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:33   #788

An auto portal says that the TUV 300 has been designed by the leading design firm Pininfarina, the same guys who designed Ferrari and Alfa Romeo!
Old 11th September 2015, 15:44   #789
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I wouldn't say it is the best looking SUV's in the market - but from the rear quarter it does resemble the Pajero Pinin.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:40   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
I hope this is not the next generation Bolero! I have a different opinion to most people here. Mercedes puts more and more curves on successive generations of the M-Class but their G-Wagen stays with the same boxy shape irrespective of its iterations. The Bolero in my opinion- should be like that. If you take away its USP- maximization of interior space due to good old solid straight lines- it may end up being a model whose earlier generations were much more popular. Also there's the uncharted territory of the rural area folks preference for straight functional lines compared to curves.
This comment from more than an year back from Rahul justifies the current design very aptly!

(Comment taken from Page 1 of current thread)

Last edited by modisan : 11th September 2015 at 16:41. Reason: adding reference!
Old 11th September 2015, 17:03   #791
BHPian

I went to Anant cars on Bannerghatta road to check the TUV 300, I was totally put off by the design of the car. I know taste varies, but rear looks like Quanto and I am not sure why the dealer needs to display the vehicle in white... purely from design standpoint , for all the build up and the goodwill that Mahindra has garnered, this was a total let down.
Old 11th September 2015, 17:20   #792
BHPian

Would the top-end TUV be comparable to totally different price ranged Yeti? Spec wise and space wise i.e. I believe build and ride quality will be totally different regions as they are from separate DNA strand?

without Jump seat and slightly nice roof lining may make this stubby SUV look more cheerful (inside and outside)?
Old 11th September 2015, 17:51   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Would the top-end TUV be comparable to totally different price ranged Yeti? Spec wise and space wise i.e. I believe build and ride quality will be totally different regions as they are from separate DNA strand?

without Jump seat and slightly nice roof lining may make this stubby SUV look more cheerful (inside and outside)?
Skoda Yeti is priced at more than double the price of TUV 300. I can understand your question of what extra Yeti offers for such pricing.

Both cars are boxy, and many who like curves on cars, would easily dismiss these cars as another Tata Sumo variant. The similarities end there.

While TUV 300 is built with 1.5L Diesel & sub 4m to be qualified for 12% excise duty, Yeti is built with 2L engine which puts out 108 BHP (25 BHP more than TUV 300) and it is about 4.2 metres in length.
Skoda has all safety features (6 airbags, ABS, EBD, Hill hold & what not). It is 4 cyl engine, while TUV comes with 3 cyl noisy engine.

I stop here, because adding more differences does not make any sense. A Tata Manza and Toyota Corolla Altis are comparable in sizes, but can we compare them? You get the idea!

In my opinion, the jump seats could have been removed from TUV 300. It should have been clean 5 seater, if they want to compete against other compact SUVs. Otherwise the car is good and attracts those who likes clean designs, rather than curves.
I think they added jump seats to also attract the Bolero customers, but then, it doesn't work both ways, right?
hybridpetrol is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 18:07   #794
BHPian

A few pictures from dna.
http://www.dnaindia.com/money/photo-...ct-suv-2124268

Looks quite nice and butch in spite of its sub 4m length. Agree with other BHPians white absolutely doesn't suit the TUV300
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 18:57   #795
BHPian

What happens when when a Jeep and a Yeti spend a night in the wild?
TUV 300 results ! The latest offering from M&M looks nice but is there a more powerful engine ( 84ps ) and 4x4 on the horizon?
maverick56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread