Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2015, 20:53   #916
kat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Micro hybrid feature: Put the vehicle in neutral and take foot off the clutch and the vehicle switches off the engine. Press the clutch again and it will start up. For your situation mentioned you will need to either keep clutch pressed or switch off the microhybrid feature.
Ideally, until the engine has reached the operating temperature (around 90 degrees), the start stop system should not interrupt and switch off the engine if a cold start is sensed. So clutch pedal need not be depressed in this scenario. Maybe, an owner could confirm this.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:36   #917
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Micro hybrid feature: Put the vehicle in neutral and take foot off the clutch and the vehicle switches off the engine. Press the clutch again and it will start up. For your situation mentioned you will need to either keep clutch pressed or switch off the microhybrid feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Just curious and it may sound like a dumb question
How does the microhybrid technology work? If I switch on the engine in morning and want it to idle for few minutes before taking the vehicle out, would it switch off the engine in 2 secs or do I need to keep the clutch pressed? Basically how does it work?
This is not how micro hybrid works. If microhybrid feature is on, it is activated only after the vehicles attains a speed of at least 2kmph for every ignition cycle. In your case when you crank the engine in the morning you can leave the engine idling without pressing the clutch nor switch off the feature.
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 07:05   #918
BHPian

Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Following are pictures of some of the accessories along with the prices. I am very sorry as the picture quality is not great. Like many other members, I am still waiting for the team-BHP review to finalise booking, as I do not trust other reviews.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164147.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164201.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164215.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164249.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164342.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164428.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164449.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164513.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164503.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150916_164440.jpg  

sallubhai is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:42   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Full list of official accessories for the TUV300 and their Mumbai prices (including installation charges & 12.5% VAT) can be checked here - LINK
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:57   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This is not how micro hybrid works. If microhybrid feature is on, it is activated only after the vehicles attains a speed of at least 2kmph for every ignition cycle. In your case when you crank the engine in the morning you can leave the engine idling without pressing the clutch nor switch off the feature.
In my XUV I have observed the Start-Stop initiates only when the vehicle is moving. So if I stop at a red signal and then want to initiate start stop it wont work. Only when the vehicle starts moving a bit, this start stop engages and when you stop the vehicle next, it shuts down.

However, I have faced issue during evening traffic as when I use this and HeadLamps are "ON" then I usually switch it off before recranking (I think its a good thing to do otherwise power surge may damage the bulbs?), but when I do this the auto start doesn't work. :(
Old 18th September 2015, 15:13   #921
BHPian

The sales advisor confirmed that the waiting period for my T8 automatic booking will be between 1 to 1.5 months. Ive asked him to let us know if they get the T8 automatic in another colour earlier and someone cancels their booking. Does anyone have waiting period information in other cities?
Old 18th September 2015, 15:45   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
So if I stop at a red signal and then want to initiate start stop it wont work.
Yes this is how it is designed to work. Couple of scenarios to understand better,

Scenario 1: You start from home, the engine is off with micro-hybrid feature ON. Now you crank your engine without pressing the clutch and gear in Neutral, the engine won't switch off. You go a few mtrs and stop the car in a signal, then the micro-hybrid feature works and as soon as you keep it in neutral and take out your leg from the clutch, the engine switches off automatically. As soon as the signal goes green if you press the clutch then the engine cranks and switches on.

Scenario 2: Suppose you have switched off the micro-hybrid feature when you start, even after you stop the car in red signal and with pre-requisites met the engine won't switch off as the feature is off. Now you would like to switch it on and do it standing at the signal, still the car won't switch off automatically as the spped is at 0Kmph and it has not met the speed criteria of 2Kmph. Now you have to do everything manually. Whereas when you reach next signal, this feature works.

Name:  StopStart3.JPG
Views: 6761
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  StopStart1.JPG
Views: 6655
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  StopStart2.JPG
Views: 6734
Size:  76.6 KB

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
However, I have faced issue during evening traffic as when I use this and HeadLamps are "ON" then I usually switch it off before recranking (I think its a good thing to do otherwise power surge may damage the bulbs?), but when I do this the auto start doesn't work. :(
You mean to say after switching off only the headlamps manually, auto start doesn't work? If yes, it works fine for me in my car please get it checked.

Last edited by fusionbang : 18th September 2015 at 15:52. Reason: Adding images
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 18:47   #923
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Hi Shashanka, with the limited knowledge I have I can assure you that your pets will be at ease.........It will be worth as my German Shepherd never used to board my Uncle's Omni but he loved the Bolero.
Great hearing from another dog lover, Arindam! And thanks for your encouraging advice/suggestion - you've read boxers spot on! There middle name is FUN and they never run out of steam. No wonder your German prefers the Bolero over the Omni - they too need their space!
Cheers
Old 18th September 2015, 21:07   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Just curious and it may sound like a dumb question

How does the microhybrid technology work? If I switch on the engine in morning and want it to idle for few minutes before taking the vehicle out, would it switch off the engine in 2 secs or do I need to keep the clutch pressed? Basically how does it work?

The working principles of micro hybrid is explained in the below video. Even though it's about XUV500, the functions are the same.

spkingsley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 23:26   #925
BHPian

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1442598675.075242.jpg
Views: 7479
Size:  495.7 KB Prices at Chennai and waiting period for MT is 1 month and for AMT is 3 months as quoted by SA.
TUV is definitely a step forward than Bolero, but 2nd row seats don't accommodate any type of physique but a single adult can stretch legs in the last row, though loading lip is too high in the boot for luggage placement.
narchennai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 10:26   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Decided to utilize today's time in TUV.
Changes made,
1. Redesigned Bumper
2. Added Body Cladding
3. Grill Design
4. Headlamps
5. Fog Lamps
6 .Painted the pillars and Roof Black.
7. Black Alloys Wheels

Attachment 1415177
A fabulous job. On a personal note, the grill could have been a little smaller giving the overall a much more muscular look. What do you say?

Really loved the dual tone used as well as the alloys showcased.
calypsoGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 11:44   #927
BHPian

Hi Everyone. A friend of mine was planning for a Verve BLUE- TUV300.
Thinking over it, I did a Quick 15 mins Photoshop Job. with Other Colors as well.
Check them out.. & Pick your Color! I feel Black looks Best here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1442642821
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-n6.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-n4.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-n3.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-n5.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 14:10   #928
BHPian

I did a test drive of the TUV 300 AT VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyderabad.

Before I would like to proceed with the details I would like to mention that VVC motors people were very courteous and the Sales person was quite well informed of the product he was selling. The length of the test drive was quite good as well - mix of both city and highway driving for around 15 kms.

I have never driven an SUV in my life prior to the TUV 300 and hence was skeptical about driving it in traffic.

However, the commanding view you get from the driver seat, visibility of the bonnet and the handling of the vehicle made me feel quite comfortable and I was zooming around within seconds.

The engine noise is heard within the cabin in the 1st and 2nd gears and is a bit gruff, but once you shift to 3rd it is well contained and then it sounds quite nice. We were fine with it as it gives the vehicle some character.

The steering was a pleasure to use - gives good feedback, though a bit heavy at parking speeds. My wife is 5'3" and with the seat height set at the highest, she wasn't able to press the clutch completely. I'm 5'8" and I enjoyed every bit of the ride.

The engine's torque is huge and you can feel it - starting off from standstill in the 2nd gear is a breeze even with 4 people on board. It really needed no effort.

There was no noticeable Turbo lag observed and the car progresses to 100 quite quickly, though in an upward slope, it reaches to 80 kmph easily and moving on to 100kmph takes a few extra seconds.

110 kmph is the limit till when you'll enjoy the power buildup, post that it struggles to move on. But I would never advise anyone to drive on Indian roads beyond 100kmph (120 kmph on open roads just to be wary of that crazy, suicidal dog ). Steering weighs up quite well too. Suspension was fine, and didnt notice the Sales Person and the Mechanic seated in the rear seat, bouncing around.

I did try a couple of U-turns too - one at a signal as well. Though I was thinking that I would be needing a 3-point turn, I was able to do all my U-turns in one continuous turn. Should be quite manageable within the city.

The jump seats in the last row can easily accomodate 2 adults for short trip, though taller people will find headroom limited.

Strange thing I noticed is that the car has keyless entry but no push button start/stop and hence you would still need to take the key outside the pocket - Maybe Mahindra missed this thought.

Overall, I liked the car and it is priced well. The AMT is a bit expensive though!
dheepak10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 14:49   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Hi Everyone. A friend of mine was planning for a Verve BLUE- TUV300.

Thinking over it, I did a Quick 15 mins Photoshop Job. with Other Colors as well.

Check them out.. & Pick your Color! I feel Black looks Best here.

Hey Buddy you are right the Black looks stunning. Apart from blackened wheels and the C pillar are there any other changes made ?

Did a short test drive and was impressed with the vehicle specially the way it handled Bangalore pot holes still waiting for Team Bhp official review.
Old 19th September 2015, 15:06   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Hey Buddy you are right the Black looks stunning. Apart from blackened wheels and the C pillar are there any other changes made ?

Did a short test drive and was impressed with the vehicle specially the way it handled Bangalore pot holes still waiting for Team Bhp official review.
Hi Arindam.
the Changes are kept to Minimum.. (its Modification Budget can vary from 20K-30K.. Im guessing)
1. Blacken A-pillars & its rear pillar
2. Blackened Alloy Wheels (its in accessories list))
3. Silver Cover for Rear-view mirrors (its in accessories list)
4. Silver Paint Job over the Roof
5. Silver Spare wheel cover (we can pick it too from accessories)
kalleo4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread