Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 20:06   #1141
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention one important observation. In the 3rd picture above, where I have taken the rear shot of the car, I was standing about two feet away from the car. You won't believe the car was idling and even then I was barely able to pick up the idling note. Mahindra seem to have put in great efforts to dampen all those vibrations and noises inherent to a 3 cylinder engine. I had vouched that in my entire life I will never drive a 3 cylinder engine, leave aside buying one, come what may. But just one test drive of the TUV was enough to shatter my perception.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 21:33   #1142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 366
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
When we returned back to the showroom, we saw a verve blue colored TUV T8 AMT getting readied for delivery. Got to know that it was from pre-launch booking. The tank looked smashing in blue have a look.
Congratulations to all the new TUV owners. Wishing you lot of happy miles.

Autoindian, hope you get your vehicle delivered before Diwali. Except for few minor issues that I reported in my TD notes, I'm quite satisfied with what is offered in TUV. Unfortunately my wife and elder son did not like the boxy look, but my younger son who is a car enthusiast is sold on TUV(maybe he is tired of me making him visit all new launches for test drives in the last one year) . I'm not sure yet if I'll be going for it. Will wait till new year and decide.

If you get a chance, can you get about the made to order green color option with your showroom guys on the amount of time between order and delivery. And any pictures of it in case someone from your showroom had ordered one.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 21:49   #1143
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Congratulations to all the new TUV owners. Wishing you lot of happy miles.
Thank you for your wishes mrbaddy.

Quote:
Autoindian, hope you get your vehicle delivered before Diwali.
I am desperately looking forward to the delivery of my tank before Diwali. Hopefully by Monday afternoon I will come to know the exact status of my order.

Quote:
Except for few minor issues that I reported in my TD notes, I'm quite satisfied with what is offered in TUV. Unfortunately my wife and elder son did not like the boxy look, but my younger son who is a car enthusiast is sold on TUV(maybe he is tired of me making him visit all new launches for test drives in the last one year) . I'm not sure yet if I'll be going for it. Will wait till new year and decide.
If you are in no urgent need to get a new car, then it would be better to wait. Since this is an altogether new car from Mahindra you will come to know the pros and cons from us the initial owners of the car. Then you can make an informed choice. When I test drove with my family, my Dad was overwhelmed, mom had a neutral stance, wife said Lodgy was better as it had more usable 3rd row seats, daughter was missing from test drive and son is too small to give his views, but his reaction was very positive. It was an instantaneous decision for me (sort of love at first sight/test drive) and I cut the booking cheque then and there itself.

Quote:
If you get a chance, can you get about the made to order green color option with your showroom guys on the amount of time between order and delivery. And any pictures of it in case someone from your showroom had ordered one.
Sure I will check with my showroom guys about the green color when I talk to them on Monday. Will definitely take pictures if the green color is available with the showroom or stock yard.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 00:17   #1144
BHPian
 
abhi.adrenaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Sure I will check with my showroom guys about the green color when I talk to them on Monday. Will definitely take pictures if the green color is available with the showroom or stock yard.
I talked with Mahindra Customisation people today. As per them, the Combat Green colour is not painted in factory but is painted by Mahindra Customisation. One have to buy a new car with any colour and then get it painted to Combat Green from Mahindra Customisation.
abhi.adrenaline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 10:26   #1145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quick update:
- White T8 AMT was delivered early morning on 22nd Oct.
- 350 kms done so far
- Mods: 1. Black vinyl wrap for A & C pillars. Rs. 1143 at 3M.
2. Switched to Michelin Latitude cross. Stock apollo appterra were a disaster, I could count every pebble on road with apollos. Huge difference in ride quality with Michelin, costs me Rs. 16,000/- for 4 tires. Lokmanya Auto center is your go to shop in Pune.
- I am loving the AMT, has loads of low end torque and driving in is city breeze. One drawback with AMT is on steep climb car roll backs. But with handbrakes it is manageable. Once the torque kicks in you shouldn't face any problems.
- I also drove on highways, the 85 bhp didn't matter to me even with fully loaded car. Reaching 100kms is not a problem but 100km to 120km is different story.
- Steering is responsive but could have been lighter. First day did experience soreness after 100km but that was more due to incorrect steering position than heavy steering per se. But still wished steering to be lighter.
- Music system is mediocre.
- Static bending lights are really useful.
- Front seats are very comfortable with lumbar support, height adjustment and steering wheel adjustment.
- Average so far is around 13kmpl in city, based on calculations using DTE and filled fuel. Yet to do a tank to tank calculation.

TODO:
1. 3M sun film for all the windows including windshield. Got a quote for Rs. 20,000 for VR-70 for windsheild and RE-70 for windows and Rs. 30,000/- for VR-70 all the windows
2. Floor Mats, dealer didn't have it. I liked 3M mats which will cover every inch of floor for Rs. 10,000/-
3. Need to fit lap belts for jump seats. Any advice on where I can find it in Pune ?

Minor issues:
- Left front door is jarring, need to get it checked with service center asap.

Last edited by silverknight : 25th October 2015 at 10:39.
silverknight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 11:36   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 4,846 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
At least give us an indication when the official review of TUV3OO will be published.
I believe it should be out by the end of this month.

Too many new cars to drive, shoot, review & compile it the Team-BHP way, hence the delay. We in past have waited for review of few popular cars & I bet, the review has been worth.

Please wait a bit more and thanks for being patient
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:04   #1147
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
I talked with Mahindra Customisation people today. As per them, the Combat Green colour is not painted in factory but is painted by Mahindra Customisation. One have to buy a new car with any colour and then get it painted to Combat Green from Mahindra Customisation.
Thank you for that info Abhi. Any idea how much would the green paint cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Quick update:
- White T8 AMT was delivered early morning on 22nd Oct.
- 350 kms done so far
- Mods: 1. Black vinyl wrap for A & C pillars. Rs. 1143 at 3M.
Congratulations once again. Sir, pictures please. Why have you done the Black vinyl wrap for even the A pillar, just the C pillar would have been sufficient. Anyway I want to see how does it look in real. By the way thank you for calling me this morning and giving a detailed report.

Quote:
2. Switched to Michelin Latitude cross. Stock apollo appterra were a disaster, I could count every pebble on road with apollos. Huge difference in ride quality with Michelin, costs me Rs. 16,000/- for 4 tires. Lokmanya Auto center is your go to shop in Pune.
Good upgrade quite a solace to know that this size in available in Michelin. What was the buy back for the stock tyres? Otherwise what is the MRP of Michelin Latitude cross?

Quote:
- I am loving the AMT, has loads of low end torque and driving in is city breeze. One drawback with AMT is on steep climb car roll backs. But with handbrakes it is manageable. Once the torque kicks in you shouldn't face any problems.
No doubt the AMT is very convenient for city drives. I guess you will be able to overcome the issue of roll back on steep inclines with some practice and getting used to.

Quote:
- I also drove on highways, the 85 bhp didn't matter to me even with fully loaded car. Reaching 100kms is not a problem but 100km to 120km is different story.
Knowing the limitations of the car always helps. If reaching 100 kmph is effortless, then the car serves its purpose. This car is not for those people who are regularly going to hit the tonne mark, but if you are doing to drive over rough, pot hole filled roads, car loaded to the brim, then this is the car.

Quote:
- Steering is responsive but could have been lighter. First day did experience soreness after 100km but that was more due to incorrect steering position than heavy steering per se. But still wished steering to be lighter.
Since your daily drive is the Figo now, you might be feeling the difference initially, but will soon get used to it. I was immediately at home with the long travel clutch, long throw gears and heavy steering as my daily drive was Innova. I felt the TUV bettered the Innova in all the above aspects.

Quote:
- Average so far is around 13kmpl in city, based on calculations using DTE and filled fuel. Yet to do a tank to tank calculation.
That is a decent average for a 1.6 tonne car that has not even completed the running in. It is only going to get better from here . I think 15kmpl should be easily achievable for in-city runs. Since the car has a huge tank of 60 litres, I would suggest to do a tankful as soon as it reaches the half-way mark.

Edit: I forgot to ask you Girish, are the stock lights adequate? You have mentioned that the static bending lamps are quite effective, but how are the headlamps and fog lamps. Are they sufficient for night highway driving where we have to rely only on our car lights or an upgrade to 90/100 lamps is warranted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe it should be out by the end of this month.
Please wait a bit more and thanks for being patient
Thank you for that assurance Sheel. If the review is out in another week's time then nothing like it .

Last edited by AutoIndian : 25th October 2015 at 13:11.
AutoIndian is offline  
Old 25th October 2015, 13:19   #1148
BHPian
 
abhi.adrenaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you for that info Abhi. Any idea how much would the green paint cost?
Have sent an email requesting quote for Combat Green Colour and Side claddings of "Armour Accessory Pack". We can expect the reply by tomorrow.

In my opinion, There should be a provision to somehow save the cost of painting and repainting as Mahindra Customisation is Mahindra groups's own branch.

Although option of AMT adds icing to the cake, I badly need option of 4wd too. That will make the TUV a COMPLETE SUV.
abhi.adrenaline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:28   #1149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 366
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
- White T8 AMT was delivered early morning on 22nd Oct.
- Mods: 1. Black vinyl wrap for A & C pillars. Rs. 1143 at 3M.
Congratulations Silverknight. Post pictures when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
TODO:
1. 3M sun film for all the windows including windshield. Got a quote for Rs. 20,000 for VR-70 for windsheild and RE-70 for windows and Rs. 30,000/- for VR-70 all the windows
Are the sunfilms from 3M legal?
mrbaddy is offline  
Old 25th October 2015, 20:01   #1150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Congratulations once again. Sir, pictures please. Why have you done the Black vinyl wrap for even the A pillar, just the C pillar would have been sufficient. Anyway I want to see how does it look in real. By the way thank you for calling me this morning and giving a detailed report.
Only the side view of the car is not pleasing because of the height of the car the rear looks like abrupt end.
By having all black pillars car is split into two halves, black and white thus downplaying the height and the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good upgrade quite a solace to know that this size in available in Michelin. What was the buy back for the stock tyres? Otherwise what is the MRP of Michelin Latitude cross?
3k per tire and Michelin cost me 7k.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Since your daily drive is the Figo now, you might be feeling the difference initially, but will soon get used to it. I was immediately at home with the long travel clutch, long throw gears and heavy steering as my daily drive was Innova. I felt the TUV bettered the Innova in all the above aspects.
Better than Innova, really !! That is big claim ... I won't mind it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That is a decent average for a 1.6 tonne car that has not even completed the running in. It is only going to get better from here . I think 15kmpl should be easily achievable for in-city runs. Since the car has a huge tank of 60 litres, I would suggest to do a tankful as soon as it reaches the half-way mark.
2.25 tons, no ?
I hope running in does some good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Edit: I forgot to ask you Girish, are the stock lights adequate? You have mentioned that the static bending lamps are quite effective, but how are the headlamps and fog lamps. Are they sufficient for night highway driving where we have to rely only on our car lights or an upgrade to 90/100 lamps is warranted?
Nothing to complain, I certainly don't think it needs upgrade.
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 20:03   #1151
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Congratulations Silverknight. Post pictures when possible.


Are the sunfilms from 3M legal?
Thanks. Well no sunflim is legal, but if it has enough transparency not an issue even in Mumbai.
silverknight is offline  
Old 25th October 2015, 23:02   #1152
Senior - BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 2,469 Times
Default

watched this comparison and I must say that the TUVs performance is pretty decent. As mentioned by others, getting up to triple digits might not be an issue but stretching it past that to 120 is a challenge. Wonder how it behaves on long runs of 400-500 km @ 120-130 kmph speeds. Waiting to test drive the manual version.
procrj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 20:57   #1153
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I am desperately looking forward to the delivery of my tank before Diwali. Hopefully by Monday afternoon I will come to know the exact status of my order.
Friends, I am not able to get the necessary response from my Sales Exec. When I visited the showroom, last Saturday, he had specifically told me to give him a reminder about my car order status on Monday afternoon. Hence called him today afternoon. However he could not get hold of his Sales Manager. I called him a couple of times, however he was not able to get the status. Its been exactly one week since I booked the car. Though they have committed delivery before Diwali, by now at least they should have told me what is the order status, has the car been manufactured, has it come out of assembly line etc.

Is there any way I can get this information online?
AutoIndian is offline  
Old 26th October 2015, 21:55   #1154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, I am not able to get the necessary response from my Sales Exec. When I visited the showroom, last Saturday, he had specifically told me to give him a reminder about my car order status on Monday afternoon. Hence called him today afternoon. However he could not get hold of his Sales Manager. I called him a couple of times, however he was not able to get the status. Its been exactly one week since I booked the car. Though they have committed delivery before Diwali, by now at least they should have told me what is the order status, has the car been manufactured, has it come out of assembly line etc.

Is there any way I can get this information online?
Shoot an email to customercare@mahindra.com with your contact details and dealer name. I found M&M's customer care to be responsive.
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 01:22   #1155
BHPian
 
CAPTAIN REX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 626 Times
Default Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Congratulations to AutoIndian and Nishantkar on the upcoming new addition, and welcome to the Army, oops sorry Tank Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
Congratulations Captain Rex , TUV looks excellent in Black color. Happy driving.

I have read that even the jump seats are comfortable with good back support. Could you please share your personal experience in case you use it on a long drive?
Thanx Karthik. The jump seats are pretty comfortable for short distances if you are around 5' 6" or less. I would not recommend the 3rd row for long distance drives and specially when out on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Quick update:
- White T8 AMT was delivered early morning on 22nd Oct.

- Steering is responsive but could have been lighter. First day did experience soreness after 100km but that was more due to incorrect steering position than heavy steering per se. But still wished steering to be lighter.

- Left front door is jarring, need to get it checked with service center asap.
Congrats Silverknight on taking delivery of the white TANK UV and wishing you happy miles and smiles.

A black plastic cladding on the sides, along with the stone guard up front and at the rear will look real good on white.

Noticed that you too are feeling that the steering should have been lighter at low speeds.
Does your steering wheel return smoothly to the centre after taking a turn at slow speeds ? I find that I have to bring mine back to the centre using some force.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe volkman10 The International Automotive Scene 118 26th October 2017 07:50
Next-generation Chevrolet Cruze Spied undisguised! EDIT: Now unveiled Tushar The International Automotive Scene 44 22nd July 2017 20:35
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India xingamazon The Indian Car Scene 317 5th September 2015 03:00
Next-generation Fiat Linea caught in Sweden Edit: Named Aegea, now revealed in Turkey volkman10 The International Automotive Scene 24 7th June 2015 07:33
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs himanshugoswami The Indian Car Scene 1108 30th October 2014 13:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks