Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st August 2014, 09:44   #211
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis (11th Gen) launched @ 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I don't know why they do not offer them from the factory itself. Because the intercooler plumbing part is pure B.S.

I know this because Nippon Toyota called my friend last week and offered the Fogs and DRLS as accessories for his G spec diesel Corolla. He got them installed last week itself.
Yeah they have now added this as part of accessories offered and in the accessories brochure it shows as foglamps can be installed in diesel.

This was told to us by the marketing guys at Toyota so it means they were talking rubbish.

Quite silly actually to remove foglamps from the diesel altogether.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 14:07   #212
BHPian

Is there any waiting period for the new Corolla? My BIL went to book the Petrol G CVT today in Gurgaon and was told that it will take nearly 45 days to get the car.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 15:50   #213
BHPian

Bumping an old thread.

I was so surprised that corolla without much safety when compared with similar models is world's best seller, and was googling about it.

I am shocked to see the amount of safety features offered in US!
For base variant:
8 Airbags
Vehicle stability control
traction control
ABS+EBD+BA
Smart stop technology

All the above for base variant starting at 10.2 lakhs!

Being a toyota fan in India is difficult! Really disappointing! :(
raghav135 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 15:57   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
Bumping an old thread.

I was so surprised that corolla without much safety when compared with similar models is world's best seller, and was googling about it.

I am shocked to see the amount of safety features offered in US!
For base variant:
8 Airbags
Vehicle stability control
traction control
ABS+EBD+BA
Smart stop technology

All the above for base variant starting at 10.2 lakhs!

Being a toyota fan in India is difficult! Really disappointing! :(
Absolutely agree with you. However this phenomenon is not only with Toyota but with other car makers as well. I may sound out of context but there is a reason primarily safety features are cut out of cars sold in India. Indian car taxes are among the highest in the world and car makers in order to keep prices manageable, cut off a large amount of "invisible features" at the extent of keep more "visible" features which may add to creature comforts. For instance a car manufacturer is more like to omit ABS than a music system. Thats just how it is in my opinion.
punitkakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 22:56   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Absolutely agree with you. However this phenomenon is not only with Toyota but with other car makers as well.
Little disappointed that corolla is not offering Electronic Stability Program, when Hyundai Elantra, Renault Fluence, VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia could offer.

Infact the lower segment VW Vento has it in one of the variants, Ford fiesta AT had it (now discontinued).

I am not including the SUVs and mini SUVs in this list.

So if so many cars can offer this, why not my favorite Toyota in corolla :(

I am just putting my points here so that just by chance if someone in Toyota reads this, they may choose to act! Well, I am a dreamer!
raghav135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 15:16   #216
BHPian

Diesel unlikely for next-gen Toyota Corolla

Toyota is unlikely to engineer a successor to its small-capacity 1.4 diesel for the next-generation Corolla. The current 1.4 D4D engine is getting a bit long in the tooth and the cost and complication associated with an all-new small capacity diesel engine are exorbitant. Small-capacity diesels are also notoriously difficult to get right and normally need plenty of high-tech engineering to make them future-proof, especially as far as emission norms are concerned.

Article: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...la-401849.aspx
SnS_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:10   #217
BHPian

I bought a D4D-G last year, the claimed average for the diesel is 21kmpl (ARAI) but over the year, the best I've seen is 16.5kmpl. Anyone else who owns the diesel and has seen better average from their car?
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 20:54   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I bought a D4D-G last year, the claimed average for the diesel is 21kmpl (ARAI) but over the year, the best I've seen is 16.5kmpl. Anyone else who owns the diesel and has seen better average from their car?
A close friend drives the 1.4 D4D - G from the last 4 years and have been constantly getting a mileage of around 18.5 - 19.5 kmpl. The least he has got is 12 kmpl and the highest he got was 22 kmpl.
YashD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 14:57   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I don't know why they do not offer them from the factory itself. Because the intercooler plumbing part is pure B.S.

I know this because Nippon Toyota called my friend last week and offered the Fogs and DRLS as accessories for his G spec diesel Corolla. He got them installed last week itself.
I think it's because the Diesel version is aimed at the fleet market and they don't seem to care about fog lamps. Others can get it installed as you've found out.
aptiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 08:31   #220
BHPian

For the lack of any real active Corolla thread, posting a small query for everyone who has driven/ rode the New Corolla Altis on bad roads.

I test drove the car with a baggage of the exemplary rides of other Corollas, and was flabbergasted to receive all undulations of the road inside the car! I mean at not so high speeds of 80km/h , the road and wind noises were pronounced, on undulating surfaces, we got thrown about a bit and it seemed the suspension was crashing upfront on bumps and potholes. Thoroughly, thoroughly disappointing test drive.

I am not sure if most will say it was because of the test drive car, but honestly a 10000km test drive car may be equivalent to a 30000km driven normal city car. So the query remains, is this even something I should consider and give another go, because I don't know how much better it could be.
methecupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 08:35   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I am not sure if most will say it was because of the test drive car, but honestly a 10000km test drive car may be equivalent to a 30000km driven normal city car. So the query remains, is this even something I should consider and give another go, because I don't know how much better it could be.
I have the 2011 Altis diesel with me which I have driven for 60k kms till date. The ride quality is something that has always put a smile on my face. I would advise you take another TD, possibly in a different car.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 08:41   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have the 2011 Altis diesel with me which I have driven for 60k kms till date. The ride quality is something that has always put a smile on my face. I would advise you take another TD, possibly in a different car.

And that's what I was wondering Mohit. I see you have the previous generation, and I can swear by the ride quality on that one. It was fantastic. However the new generation one just doesn't cut it.

Have you had a chance to drive the new one and do a quick comparo?
methecupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 09:18   #223
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
And that's what I was wondering Mohit. I see you have the previous generation, and I can swear by the ride quality on that one. It was fantastic. However the new generation one just doesn't cut it.

Have you had a chance to drive the new one and do a quick comparo?
I agree the new one reeks of cost cutting, but not in visible places. I had the opportunity to ride in a new Altis taxi recently, the interiors were good to look at but there was evident cost cutting in the build quality, the interiors were a bit noisy, road and engine noise filtered in substantially. Wind noise was prominent above 90 in the rear and it sounded more like a Etios than a Camry.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 11:26   #224
BHPian

Corolla Altis Hybrid should be a great option in that segment; Corolla Altis Hybrid would be a first hybrid in the segment, and I am not sure why Toyota has not considered such an option in place of D4D.
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote