Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2014, 10:18   #361
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alibag
Posts: 89
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
It can "glide" over speed breakers without the "fear" of ever touching the underbody. That's the beauty of this car.
Just to prove the point . I have no complaints with the ground clearance. The approach road to my resort is a dirt track made worst by the rains and the trucks. Please find the pic attached for reference. The road appears in a better state as there have been no rains for the past 10 days.

I haven't scraped the under body even once with five people on board.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20140928_085448.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 13:00   #362
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Wow 10k accessories which dealer are you going with?
Going with Lathangi Ford. Will confirm the authenticity of this info as and when i get the car with those accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
The stock alloy looks ok not captivating IMHO, so checked if the dealer can replace it with the alloy comes as accessories that looks more clean
I've seen the car in person and i like the stock alloys. If the alloy that is offered as an accessory is the same as the one listed in the Ford's website then it is almost the same one that was offered in the Fiesta 1.6S some years back. The design looks clean but a bit boring IMO. But then, to each his own.
I would've loved if they had offered the same 15 spoke 16 inch alloy wheels as the international Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Just to prove the point . I have no complaints with the ground clearance. The approach road to my resort is a dirt track made worst by the rains and the trucks. Please find the pic attached for reference. The road appears in a better state as there have been no rains for the past 10 days.
I haven't scraped the under body even once with five people on board.
Whoa! That looks like a battered and bruised stretch of road. Glad that the ground clearance though not good on paper, can handle such "terrains".
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 13:27   #363
BHPian
 
Self Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 107
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Going with Lathangi Ford. Will confirm the authenticity of this info as and when i get the car with those accessories.
please do share the break up of the quotation, even my friends at ford were surprised when i told them a dealer is ready to give 10 k worth accessories for fiesta


Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I've seen the car in person and i like the stock alloys. If the alloy that is offered as an accessory is the same as the one listed in the Ford's website then it is almost the same one that was offered in the Fiesta 1.6S some years back. The design looks clean but a bit boring IMO. But then, to each his own.
as you mentioned tastes and preferences changes that is why we are blessed with so many options of car models
Self Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 13:34   #364
BHPian
 
Self Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 107
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I haven't scraped the under body even once with five people on board.
Thanks for the confirmation that it swallows potholes and heard that speed breakers also doesn't intimidate the under belly..good change for me from my present ford classic

you have mentioned 5 people on board, assuming all were adults did they complain much on the rear seat?

The gift ribbon tied during delivery is still seen, hope you removed them since they flutter and sand the paint job
Self Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 14:58   #365
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Updates!
Booking process done!!!
Color - Dad wanted the Paprika Red instead of the Smoke Grey so went with that.
Delivery - Hopefully by Diwali next month. Fingers crossed.
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 15:57   #366
BHPian
 
fight_club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
For those who have booked and yet to get delivery

The stock alloy looks ok not captivating IMHO, so checked if the dealer can replace it with the alloy comes as accessories that looks more clean

The dealer did not heed my request but you can give a try/shot

Hope the owners too can share their views on my point

Cheers
I am with you and have asked the dealer to get me Alloys as shown in accessories and I guess were part of older one.

Quote:
Updates!
Booking process done!!!
Color - Dad wanted the Paprika Red instead of the Smoke Grey so went with that.
Delivery - Hopefully by Diwali next month. Fingers crossed.
That's a damn hot color, congratulations men. Fiesta is slowly but surely making it mark and that's heartening.

I am just wondering whether anyone over here has booked the Golden bronze color because I might go for that color.
fight_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 19:29   #367
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Saw the first facelifted Fiesta on the roads, it does look neat and does grab attention with the front grill.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 20:56   #368
BHPian
 
Self Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 107
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post

I am just wondering whether anyone over here has booked the Golden bronze color because I might go for that color.
My friend at ford said he can get one if I want, but the dealer maintains that it won't come till December (to sell the colours billed on them I suppose)

I was worried that it should be a saleable colour in case at a later stage
Self Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 00:35   #369
BHPian
 
fight_club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

I was at a petrol pump today at sea wood when I saw the distinctive Front grill making a stunning entry all by it royal self in that Black color
couldn't help getting down of my car and asking the guy taking some snap.

Not the best shot in the night but I never expected it to looks so hot in this color maybe the best. I would request the Gentlemen who owns in the Black color to post some pic of this brute.

I requested the guy to switch off the lights but maybe he didn't hear.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-f1.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-f2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2014 at 12:30. Reason: Fixing attachments
fight_club is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 09:54   #370
BHPian
 
ank.nsit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 358
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

It's really strange that Ford having such a good product at such a nice price is not doing any publicity for this model even after the facelift.
Way contrasting with the Marketing campaign for Ecosport which went on and on for months before the car was actually launched.
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 10:49   #371
BHPian
 
Self Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 107
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
It's really strange that Ford having such a good product at such a nice price is not doing any publicity for this model even after the facelift.
Way contrasting with the Marketing campaign for Ecosport which went on and on for months before the car was actually launched.
This product is sold to keep the market alive with a C segment car from Ford and also they are not planning to sell numbers like the City or the Verna

Though clear about what i said above, not clear about their strategy

Marketing campaign for the numbers like 300 cars a month ( this how finance people will react including me)
Self Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 12:02   #372
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
I was at a petrol pump today at sea wood when I saw the distinctive Front grill making a stunning entry all by it royal self in that Black color
couldn't help getting down of my car and asking the guy taking some snap.

Not the best shot in the night but I never expected it to looks so hot in this color maybe the best. I would request the Gentlemen who owns in the Black color to post some pic of this brute.
Whoa!!! That is pure menace there!!! Looks gorgeous in black and those alloys increase the oomph factor by so much.
I've read the entire 2014 Fiesta thread in this forum thrice, and my faith in the car is increasing day by day. I just cannot wait to lay my hands on her now.
Surprisingly, the amount of info, HQ pictures or even the reviews for that matter, of the 2014 Fiesta sedan that you can get off the web is limited i feel, especially when you compare it to the likes of the City, Verna or the Vento.
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 15:33   #373
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

Whoa!!! That is pure menace there!!! Looks gorgeous in black and those alloys increase the oomph factor by so much.
I've read the entire 2014 Fiesta thread in this forum thrice, and my faith in the car is increasing day by day. I just cannot wait to lay my hands on her now.
Surprisingly, the amount of info, HQ pictures or even the reviews for that matter, of the 2014 Fiesta sedan that you can get off the web is limited i feel, especially when you compare it to the likes of the City, Verna or the Vento.
Probably cos of its low sales. You won't believe I am yet to see the new fiesta on road and my daily driving is around 70km in Delhi.

Looks smoking hot in black and loved those rims. I think Ford should promote this car more as it Deserves it.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 16:44   #374
BHPian
 
fight_club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
It's really strange that Ford having such a good product at such a nice price is not doing any publicity for this model even after the facelift.
Way contrasting with the Marketing campaign for Ecosport which went on and on for months before the car was actually launched.
Quote:
Whoa!!! That is pure menace there!!! Looks gorgeous in black and those alloys increase the oomph factor by so much.
I've read the entire 2014 Fiesta thread in this forum thrice, and my faith in the car is increasing day by day. I just cannot wait to lay my hands on her now.
Surprisingly, the amount of info, HQ pictures or even the reviews for that matter, of the 2014 Fiesta sedan that you can get off the web is limited i feel, especially when you compare it to the likes of the City, Verna or the Vento.
Quote:
Probably cos of its low sales. You won't believe I am yet to see the new fiesta on road and my daily driving is around 70km in Delhi.

Looks smoking hot in black and loved those rims. I think Ford should promote this car more as it Deserves it.

Let me start with

What on Earth are you doing Ford India?? having the Hottest babe in the town and being so Reclusive amount to absolute contempt and apathy towards your own "chic"

Why not have those Black color Fiesta on Display at the Showrooms for god sake.

The problem Which Fiesta face is that majority of people are not even aware that their has been any reduction and Ford is doing absolutely nothing to change that. The kind of neglect I see in Advertisement of Ford for this car is mind numbing.

Ford can try to Run a consolidated campaign for a fortnight highlight the huge reduction in the price and updated style etc.

Its a mystery to me as to why Ford is giving such step motherly treatment to this Gem of a car may some Enlighten soul will throw some more light on it

1. Is their any production constraint
2. Does Ford not want to unset its apple Cart "Ecosport" which Fiesta undercuts
3. Has Ford Accepted the fate without even a fight let the Car to its own?

Solve it Mr. Watson, I am just
fight_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 22:13   #375
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default

I dont know if Ford mentions this in their brochures but there is a huge difference in front seats design, bolstering and material used.

The trend version has very basic seats whereas titanium gets awesome bucket type seats which help a lot as i did try a few sharp corners and the seats held me firmly in place. Attaching images for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1412008991917.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1412009004155.jpg  

coolboy007 is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look Aditya The Indian Car Scene 542 7th December 2016 11:05
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look Jaggu The Indian Car Scene 117 25th November 2016 13:31
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 75 29th January 2016 11:34
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks